Crowdfunding a MP7 Clone - Page 2

View Poll Results: How many semi auto MP7 clones would you be interested to purchase for $5000

Voters
67. This poll is closed
  • None

    49 73.13%
  • One

    15 22.39%
  • Two

    2 2.99%
  • Three or more

    1 1.49%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Crowdfunding a MP7 Clone

  1. #11
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 30,034
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

    Default

    Thank you for your efforts--- unfortunately, I will only get one if it is HK-manufactured!!!

    Tony

  2. #12
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Jun 2008
    Posts : 1,687
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sextus View Post
    not interested at $5k, say ~$2.5K and reliable, I'm in for one.
    What he said!

    Unless you make it left handed eject, then I will pay more.

  3. #13
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : May 2002
    Location : The Carolinas
    Posts : 682
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    I would absolutely own one if made by HK. A clone made by someone who currently isn’t manufacturing firearms does not sound appealing. There have been too many instances of firearms that were crowd funded (prior to that being a term) by taking customer deposits, only to have long delays, promises of “it will be ready in 2 weeks” and other nonsense from the manufacturer. And too many instances of clones that are total POS turds. I would advise that you do not lead your friend down this path.
    Last edited by jsurowitz; 01-26-2019 at 01:56 PM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member
    6Rstar's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    Location : south of Nashville
    Posts : 144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I have read at least 10 stories like this one. Mostly with COMBLOC stuff. Depending in the level of commitment they stopped at mock ups mostly but a few working prototypes. Everyone is all excited until they discover that with only 50 commited purchasers each barrel will cost $800. Recievers will be $300. Then you need mags to be copied so hit up Ebay and buy a poorly spelled "genuine" from Estonia. Since parts kits are non existant you have to round up all the small parts. I would start with anything but an HK. Exacting tolerances. Expert legal team. Limited market. Some very knowledgeable customers in said market. For 5k (and I don't think that number is possible) it have to be perfect and I still don't think you could sell that many. Most non-HK people balk at $1600 for a PTR based on what I read outside of this particular forum so there goes 99.5% of your gun buying public. Think of high quality clone that buys you as far as a UMP or MP5 type.

    But if he's open to suggestions for making dreams happen....

    VSS Vintorez.

    Otherwise investing the money soundly in existing desirable HK hardware would be a safe and exiting use of inheritance. I wish I had become a P7 hoarder years ago.





    Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

  6. #15
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    retrodog's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2007
    Location : Houston/Galveston TX
    Posts : 6,383
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    Also warn your friend that the best case scenario is:

    There is a significant interest. He toils away and comes up with a gun that is very good. You sell several and get a customer base started. Everything is looking rosy. Then PSA and PTR come in and offer a better gun, better warranty, and better customer support for 1/3 the price. And then people start remembering all the stuff they had to send back to you guys while they were beta testers. Your sales plummet. And your senior builder gets busted by the FBI for having child porn and all the episodes of Baywatch and Knight Rider on his computer.

    I've seen it happen a thousand times.
    sdx likes this.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

    Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

    Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

  7. #16
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Nzfly's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2011
    Posts : 1,871
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
    Also warn your friend that the best case scenario is:

    There is a significant interest. He toils away and comes up with a gun that is very good. You sell several and get a customer base started. Everything is looking rosy. Then PSA and PTR come in and offer a better gun, better warranty, and better customer support for 1/3 the price. And then people start remembering all the stuff they had to send back to you guys while they were beta testers. Your sales plummet. And your senior builder gets busted by the FBI for having child porn and all the episodes of Baywatch and Knight Rider on his computer.

    I've seen it happen a thousand times.
    Clearly, something must be done about David Hasslehoff.
    tlrgsxr, tlrgsxr and tlrgsxr like this.

  8. #17
    Senior Member
    Glockdude1's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2000
    Location : Beaumont, Texas
    Age : 49
    Posts : 163
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    5K???

    No.
    Glockdude1.......................

    If war is HELL, Take a better pitchfork than the DEVIL!!!

  9. #18
    Member

    Join Date : May 2018
    Posts : 95
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 6Rstar View Post
    But if he's open to suggestions for making dreams happen....

    VSS Vintorez.

    Otherwise investing the money soundly in existing desirable HK hardware would be a safe and exiting use of inheritance. I wish I had become a P7 hoarder years ago.





    Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    Not to change subject too much but check out slagga mfg. They are working on getting a vss into production. Slagga Mfg LLC And for that matter Chitin defense (posts work on instagram)is doing the pp-19 bizon. Neither have production models up but chitin has made more progress than slagga has.

    But back on subject. Yeah an MP7 clone at $5k is not a hot bid. I get it for a small shop to make an ROI on time and money put into a project but chance of that doing well is small.
    Last edited by redmax29; 01-26-2019 at 06:56 PM.

  10. #19
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    HK556WI's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2010
    Location : WI
    Posts : 2,056
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Don't Hassle the Hoff.
    Lighting the Darkness

  11. #20
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    GuntherRommel's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    Location : Bend, Oregon
    Age : 48
    Posts : 948
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redmax29 View Post
    Not to change subject too much but check out slagga mfg. They are working on getting a vss into production. Slagga Mfg LLC And for that matter Chitin defense (posts work on instagram)is doing the pp-19 bizon. Neither have production models up but chitin has made more progress than slagga has.

    But back on subject. Yeah an MP7 clone at $5k is not a hot bid. I get it for a small shop to make an ROI on time and money put into a project but chance of that doing well is small.
    I would be all over a VSS/Vintorez and only a HK produced mp7

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

mp7 clone

,

mp7 parts kit

Click on a term to search for related topics.