I need some advice....

Thread: I need some advice....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I need some advice....

I've been lurking here for a while and although I'm not an HK virgin, I could use some advise on the clone front. I'm currently thinking about picking up one of the three listed below, but I haven't had the pleasure to shoot any of them and I'm looking for an honest thought on the three. I'd like to say that cost isn't an issue. For me, I'm willing to pay a premium if it is worth it. If you had the opportunity to select one of the three free of charge, which would you go with?

I know the PTR has yet to be released, but you can base your recommendation on the fit, finish and reliability of say their 9CT 601.

1. Dakota Tactical D54R-N Reverse Stretch

2. Zenith Z-5P

3. PTR 9KT 603

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

For the price of the Dakota Tactical I would buy the real deal and get an SP5k

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If you want a Reverse Stretch then it looks like Dakota Tactical is your only choice on the list. If Price was not an issue then Dakota Tactical again if going off your list. Really Dakota Tactical will never be a bad choice no matter what. Now if you are open to other options a few good builders can make you one exactly how you want. HK Ralph JR just built an MP5 for me and I love it. He also changed the barrel on my SP5K and did a great job. He came highly recommended to me and I can see why.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gotcoffee View Post
    If you want a Reverse Stretch then it looks like Dakota Tactical is your only choice on the list. If Price was not an issue then Dakota Tactical again if going off your list. Really Dakota Tactical will never be a bad choice no matter what. Now if you are open to other options a few good builders can make you one exactly how you want. HK Ralph JR just built an MP5 for me and I love it. He also changed the barrel on my SP5K and did a great job. He came highly recommended to me and I can see why.
    I'm planning on running it suppressed whichever one I finally settle on so the SP5K would not work for me. Would you go the SP5K route and have the barrel switched out or go with the Dakota Tactical?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by floraneg View Post
    I'm planning on running it suppressed whichever one I finally settle on so the SP5K would not work for me. Would you go the SP5K route and have the barrel switched out or go with the Dakota Tactical?
    That is a hard decision that you couldn't go wrong either way. I have a full size and a SP5k with paddle mag release and B&T barrel. The SP5K with the conversions would end up a little cheaper as long as of course you got the SP5K at a decent price. If you go that way find a good gunsmith to do the swap a few in here is excellent. I personally used Ralph JR and was very happy. I also shoot suppressed almost 100% of the time. Based off these questions here is my suggestion. If you know of an SP5K at a decent price and plan to SBR it I would get the SP5K and get the conversion. If you don't plan to SBR and don't know of a good deal on an SP5K get the Dakota. The SP5K right now is overpriced. Hopefully another shipment comes in and they start selling at a decent price. I noticed the WTS adds on here have some decent priced ones pop up every now and then. Either way you go you will end up getting the other. It happens to everyone in here. I didn't want to believe it but it happened to me just like everyone said it would.

Sponsored Links