Questions for the rech savvy, HK91 Bolt Rollers - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Questions for the rech savvy, HK91 Bolt Rollers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes, bfas go under the flash hider and create the needed pressure, I use those. Issue with these particular rifles is it takes a lot of power to cycle rounds. So the problem is how so you losen up the bolt carrier without sending it out the back of the rifle.

Ar15s do not need near as much power to cycle blank rounds.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tenhunter View Post
    Yes, bfas go under the flash hider and create the needed pressure, I use those. Issue with these particular rifles is it takes a lot of power to cycle rounds. So the problem is how so you losen up the bolt carrier without sending it out the back of the rifle.

Ar15s do not need near as much power to cycle blank rounds.
    We have remove several out of movie guns that were sold. Also Bill Fleming used to install them in the end of the barrel for several movie houses out in California back in the day that's how he used to do them to get them to cycle by installing a threaded in plug in the end of the barrel with a very small diameter hole the back pressure does allow it to cycle the cartridge blank I will try to find out what diameter hole he drilled through them or try to locate some of the ones that we've removed and get some measurements for you.
    Ghilliebear
    Us Army (Ret) INFANTRY.
    I AM MY COUNTRY'S STRENGTH
    IN WAR!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

918-696-8715
    918-781-3939
    Class 2 SOT
    ITAR M37434

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Questions for the rech savvy, HK91 Bolt Rollers-screenshot_20190211-192221_google.jpg

Basically it would be the same type of design just installing the plug with a hole so it could be hit by a flash hider to operate with blanks or you could just paint one of these black and use blanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Are you already using a HK blank adapter if you are I'm sorry about the post. You might try a sharper degree angle locking piece but you do not want to decrease the unlocked too much or you could cause damage to the back of the receiver buy heavy recoil

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes, I use a low apature bfa with high power brass. The problem isn't really at the front end. I would like to be able to open up the BFA apature to let more gas out. Beture effect and more consistent cycle. As is with the model gun, you have to go very small on the apature of the BFA to create enough pressure to make the bolt kick right.

On MG42s, I am told to combat this issue they remove the rollers from the bolt... Which seems like a bit much for this rifle. Just considering having a blank fire bolt as well. As a bfa to get more consistent cycling and effect.

I do milsim events so I run a lot of blanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Questions for the rech savvy, HK91 Bolt Rollers-received_884348765107858_1549938012787.jpeg  

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links