OMEGA 10mm MP5 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: OMEGA 10mm MP5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lakelbj View Post
    What do you use the rope for in bounty hunting?
    Nylon cord for just about anything. It was a week end run. That's my gear.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

This thread encourages me to maybe break out my dj getz 10mm mp5k for another whirl. tried a couple types of ammo and both LPs and no joy. put it back in the safe---and that was several years ago. i want to hunt bounty too. i mean booty

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    This thread encourages me to maybe break out my dj getz 10mm mp5k for another whirl. tried a couple types of ammo and both LPs and no joy. put it back in the safe---and that was several years ago. i want to hunt bounty too. i mean booty
    Need some pics of that. Did DJ build a run of those or was that a one off custom?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Curious what vendor you picked the 10mm up from?

I don’t see them on the Atlantic Firearms site, I think they used to be there, same with the Omega MP5/40?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mine came from Atlantic back in the summer. Perhaps Omega is discontinuing them or something. Certainly seems like they're hardcore focusing on the Gideon Shadow and the standard 9mm variants.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I’ll see what I can do. It’s buried right now. Im pretty sure that I got it from him as a new gun. Got a S.D. from him as well- great shooting gun. Not the prettiest but ultra reliable. My other SD was built by Gerard (RIP).

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    I’ll see what I can do. It’s buried right now. Im pretty sure that I got it from him as a new gun. Got a S.D. from him as well- great shooting gun. Not the prettiest but ultra reliable. My other SD was built by Gerard (RIP).
    I know the feeling. I have a Coharie 40 buried in the safe somewhere. Ok, technically the vault. But It had some minor cycling problems that I never really tried to fix. Maybe I need to drag that out and work on it a bit. I have a few of the DJ mags and one HK mag. So I guess I have no reason not to give it a shot. Or two or three.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Omega has been very busy with the Gideon project and only producing a limited number of roller locks at this time . The 10 mm was much more time consuming and expensive so it has been placed in Mothballs at this time . There is always a possibility that it will be revisited at a later date .
    Atlantic Firearms.com
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
    I know the feeling. I have a Coharie 40 buried in the safe somewhere. Ok, technically the vault. But It had some minor cycling problems that I never really tried to fix. Maybe I need to drag that out and work on it a bit. I have a few of the DJ mags and one HK mag. So I guess I have no reason not to give it a shot. Or two or three.
    Sounds like the same issue I had with mine. Replaced the complete bolt carrier group with HK and it runs great now. I’d imagine now that RCM makes 40/10mm bolt heads. That could very well be the issue. My bolt was loose and floppy on the LP, enough to flip up and above the ejector.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Of note, in my OM-10 and in contrast to the OP's experience, the S&B stuff runs just fine (1050ish fps so a light 10mm loading comparable to a heavier 40SW). I only have a few mags through it though. Ordered a few hundred rounds of the Sig stuff (1250ish fps) and just got the Form 1 back so it'll soon be time to test it out more thoroughly.

It does make total sense that Omega isn't focusing on them right now since they're really a niche product. The SD and the Gideon Shadows are their most unique and popular products I would guess, given that there are now many different high quality standard MP5 clones out there on the market. Would be nice to see them make more 10mms in the future though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links