PTR 9KT Review... So Far - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: PTR 9KT Review... So Far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bangbangduck View Post
    Any touch-up paint present on it?

I'm glad PTR is listening and taking care of the issues.

Nope no touch up paint. Its almost perfect. Mag well is a little loose but the mags stay in. And do not fall or come out until you press the mag release. The serial number is in the mid 400's
    VP9 w/ match weight comp.
    VP9L
    P30L 9MM
    PTR 9CT
    PTR 9KT

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EARRNHARDT3 View Post
    Nope no touch up paint. Its almost perfect. Mag well is a little loose but the mags stay in. And do not fall or come out until you press the mag release. The serial number is in the mid 400's
    Good. I'll be glad to get mine back with the mag catch fixed. I can live with the 11:30 clocking on the barrel. I'm going to shoot the unholy bejesus out of the dang thang.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Well it's on the way back from the mothership. Anticipation builds. No explanation or email about what got done. Just a UPS email with tracking info. Maybe it will have a note in the case. Or some sort of invoice showing the repair.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

The 9KT just got delivered. So it's back in the house. The paperwork (receipt) stated "Replaced mag catch and reworked mag well". The mags now lock up and stay in there until I push the paddle release, no matter how much I wiggle the bottom of the mag. The gun is very solid. They left the barrel alone, at the 11:30 position. I didn't want anybody removing a barrel and replacing it on a gun like this, as to keep any extra wear out of the mix.

Everything seems very solid now. The thing looks great and there is now a more appropriate amount of motion to the paddle release. Not quite as much as the SP5K but still acceptable.

One of the two supplied mags has an excessive amount of forward/rearward motion. The other is normal. I tried an HK and POF mag/s and they also have a standard fit and fwd/rwd motion. So that looks good. Maybe they used one of my mags for the "mag well rework" operation. The old "Stick it in and yank it back and forth" technique. That's probably what I would have done.

Well not sure exactly when I'll range test it. The weather is crap and it might be today, or it might be this weekend.

That's all for now.
    Last edited by retrodog; 03-12-2019 at 10:55 PM.
    BulkHead likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Pretty speedy return, good for PTR.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Ok, they fixed it, and it's pretty bad-ass. I just took it to the range. Used POF, HK, and MKE mags. Ran WWB 124, S&B 115, and my Fiocchi 115 clone reloads. All of them ran perfectly in short burst and mag dumps. Put 400 rounds through it. The mags locked in fine and worked flawlessly. I still think the thing is hitting a little harder than the SP5K but I can't really tell without doing a head to head comparison. Maybe later. I might even try the SP5K bolt group in it to see if that makes any difference (the recoil spring or LP).

So far, this thing looks like the "shooter" that I wanted it to be. Just a good solid gun that runs like it's supposed to. It sure hammered the hell out of the target, in violent fashion.

Thanks to PTR for the fast fix and return. I kept myself entertained with other things but was glad to get it back and try it out.
    gt40doc and BulkHead like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What MP5K clone do I get?

Quote Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
    Ok, they fixed it, and it's pretty bad-ass. I just took it to the range. Used POF, HK, and MKE mags. Ran WWB 124, S&B 115, and my Fiocchi 115 clone reloads. All of them ran perfectly in short burst and mag dumps. Put 400 rounds through it. The mags locked in fine and worked flawlessly. I still think the thing is hitting a little harder than the SP5K but I can't really tell without doing a head to head comparison. Maybe later. I might even try the SP5K bolt group in it to see if that makes any difference (the recoil spring or LP).

So far, this thing looks like the "shooter" that I wanted it to be. Just a good solid gun that runs like it's supposed to. It sure hammered the hell out of the target, in violent fashion.

Thanks to PTR for the fast fix and return. I kept myself entertained with other things but was glad to get it back and try it out.

This thread was like reading a good novel for me. I have been doing my homework and have come to the conclusion that the PTR 603 is going to be my next purchase. I have wanted an MP5K for some time and have been ready to purchase a new HK SP5K and update the barrel to 3 lug with threads, add a paddle mag release, and do a form 1 ect. Problem, none available accept gouged priced internet deals. I refuse to purchase like that and have waited for shipments of SP5K from HK dealers. I decided I am not waiting any longer for their HK name for a gun that seems to sit in safes because everyone is to scared they might injure the poor baby. When I die I am not going to take my stuff with me so I might as well get the enjoyment now instead of leaving a collection of awesome guns to one of my kids who will just sell them for allot less then they are worth.

This thread put me in the cocked and loaded seat. Like I said, I really did my homework on MP5's but I am not willing to take up 10 pages explaining how I came to the conclusion that the PTR 603 out of all the other MP5K's out there is my next gun. My registered sear has been waiting for the next HK to play with, i'm just not going to tell my sear it is a clone. Your tread pulled the last straw to break the camels back for me on PTR. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HONESTY AND COMMITMENT TO THE LOVE OF OUR COUNTRY AND OUR SECOND AMENDMENT.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Sponsored Links