Can I use this "Thick" H buffer for HK53 rifle with non-buffered 53 carrier

Thread: Can I use this "Thick" H buffer for HK53 rifle with non-buffered 53 carrier

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Can I use this "Thick" H buffer for HK53 rifle with non-buffered 53 carrier

I want to put AR stock on my 53 rifle has non-buffered carrier and I bought this aluminum AR stock adapter. Can I use this "Thick" H buffer with aluminum adapter on my 53 rifle?

I read few old threads about 53 compability with A2 or A3 stock but mostly were with buffiered 53 carrier. Thanks

Photo below

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I wouldn't, I bet you would start getting roller dimples from carrier slam. Who knows, maybe someone has tried it okay results.
    Last edited by HKaltwasser; 02-27-2019 at 07:36 PM.
    A voice from the past whispers in my ear, “Brethren, keep your powder dry.”

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I suggest getting the ptr ar stock adapter, this one would work with hk steel back plate and you can have hk91 buffers installed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Okay, I'll get the PTR adapter.

Another question, I have a 93 backplate but missing the cup-shape feature the recoil spring rest again. Can I use this backplate? Thanks

Photo below:

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I do not have the original part to compare so I am not 100% sure. But considering HK put something there to support the recoil rod its probably needed, but whether using it as is will cause a problem in the short run is beyond
    my knowledge Maybe others will chime in. BTW a refinished factory hk93 backplate is $47.95 @hkparts , and they sell a new original HK backplate for $149.95(less than $150 woohoo)..

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by louislee6 View Post
    I do not have the original part to compare so I am not 100% sure. But considering HK put something there to support the recoil rod its probably needed, but whether using it as is will cause a problem in the short run is beyond
    my knowledge Maybe others will chime in. BTW a refinished factory hk93 backplate is $47.95 @hkparts , and they sell a new original HK backplate for $149.95(less than $150 woohoo)..
    Those are converted from surplus G3 backplates, not refinished 33/93 backplates. They work, but I find the fit looser.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    Those are converted from surplus G3 backplates, not refinished 33/93 backplates. They work, but I find the fit looser.
    No wonder they are either painted or parked, thanks for the insight!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thanks for all the comments. I don't remember where I got the 93 backplate but it's better one that will go on my 53 rifle with ease. I tried a few others backplates I have all need some whacking to it on. Maybe my 53 receiver is out of spec, it was built on a SW receiver.

Sponsored Links