• 1 Post By crimedogs
  • 1 Post By Conelrad
  • 1 Post By lionhart

Thread: New PTR GI claw mount fit problem

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default New PTR GI claw mount fit problem

I searched the archives but no joy.. what should the receiver specs be for proper fitment? I've tried the Z6 and another factory claw W - NV scope that fits perfectly on my other PTRs. The 90 degree catch lever is + or - 3/32nds short of locking up with a lot of force one the locking arm... I do not want to make permanent changes to the mount and I'm trying for the factory DMR look on this one..
    Yes Virginia, there are ancient conspiracies in high places

German guns, German girls, German cars, German beer and German dogs.. what's not to like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dont know if this helps but I just finished mounting a nos ARMS long claw mount to my PTR /C93 and yeah the first attempt it was close to locking up but not quite there.After some searches here I found a post that explains how to remove torsion washers from the 2 contact pads on underside of mount to provide the space to initiate solid lockdown..Pulled 1 washer at first on each pad,still a no-go.....went to 2 washers each pad and .....we now have solid lockup.Not a permanent mod to the mount,..you can always re-install washers and refit mount on other 9x guns.
    Blitzkrieg likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks, I did see that thread. I could mod this Z6/claw to fit, but I have an expensive gen 3 NV on another claw that fits fine on my other 91s and I was hoping it would also drop onto this GI without mods. Still looking for specs and then whether dremel mods to the receiver are a possibility?
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; 02-27-2019 at 08:30 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Copy that,thanks...I see what you are saying...
    Blitzkrieg likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crimedogs View Post
    Copy that,thanks...I see what you are saying...
    If I do mods it'll be OK finish wise since I'm going for a battle worn ceracote finish, eventually. There's a new "elite" super thin version

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

This is usually due to interference where the rear part of the mount fits into the welded saddle just in front of the sight on the receiver. Some metal usually has to be removed to allow it to fit properly.

DG
    Blitzkrieg likes this.
    I fix the radar you'all try to stay under...

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    If I do mods it'll be OK finish wise since I'm going for a battle worn ceracote finish, eventually. There's a new "elite" super thin version
    I had my PTR K3P/G3K SBR done in the newer Cerekoate Elite finish. Beautiful! But...some wear will eventually show around the inside of the magazine well, and around the cocking tube channel. Not much, but then again, I expected it with the G3 types.

Blitzkrieg likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Conelrad View Post
    This is usually due to interference where the rear part of the mount fits into the welded saddle just in front of the sight on the receiver. Some metal usually has to be removed to allow it to fit properly.

DG
    At this point I'm thinkng of taking it off the saddle with an angle grinder after I break her in

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I had experienced some fitment issues on a PTR91. The mount would lock down fine but it would not be quite level side to side. so when I had my custom clones built on PTR receivers I sent the mount I would be using to the builder for each rifle and he adjusted the mount tabs on the receiver if needed.

Sponsored Links