My Second Omega: OM-9K
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My Second Omega: OM-9K

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default My Second Omega: OM-9K

Last week, I was notified via email that Atlantic had PTRís back in stock, and I went to take a look and nearly pulled the trigger, but Iím really a fan of the Omega OM-9FS I own, and I really like the MAD Max bolt, so I hesitated. My wife asked me what I was thinking about, and I showed her the ad (Iím fortunate that my wife fully supports my hobby) and I explained to her that I really wanted to get a K, but that this one didnít have the MAD Max bolt that the Omegas come with. She told me that if Iím going to spend that kind of money, it might as well be for the one I really want. I went to the Omega page on Atlanticís site, and it was still out of stock. I sighed. I figured itíd be a while, so I would wait. Then, less than week later, I receive another email from Atlantic: The Omega OM-9K was in stock.
    Another Sigh.
    So I pulled the trigger without hesitation. Less than a week later, it was in my hands. I immediately put a folding brace on it, and I canít be happier with it.
    The workmanship and quality is exactly like my OM-9FS, which is to say, beautiful. The welds are very nice and clean, the finish nearly flawless, and everything fits together perfectly. The only difficulty I had was in fitting the brace into the rear of the main body, but that seems to be more an SB thing as nearly every story Iíve read about people putting SBís on their roller lock firearms has some sort of sanding, filing, or modifying.
    Posts like these are worthless without photos, so Iíll post some here that were taken with my iPhone. When my D7500 returns from service, Iíll get better photos with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Glockdude1, gt40doc, sdx and 1 others like this.
    USMC 1986 - 1997 | TX ARNG 2017 - Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very nice, I like it!

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)

Nice acquisition!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i am new on this site- just picked up (and shipped back) an omega as well. can i PM on here? wanting to ask you some questions about yours.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnzm View Post
    i am new on this site- just picked up (and shipped back) an omega as well. can i PM on here? wanting to ask you some questions about yours.
    I think you have to have at least five posts to be able to PM. Make sure they are of substance or they will probably get nuked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_308 View Post
    I think you have to have at least five posts to be able to PM. Make sure they are of substance or they will probably get nuked.
    thanks for the heads up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnzm View Post
    Feel free to PM me when you are able. :)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Took another photo with my iPhone with my OM-9K on some of my gear that I was letting dry after a wet weekend at Fort Hood. I have a lot of detailed photos to post, but Tapatalk only allows me one photo at a time in the app, so Iíll wait until I am at a computer to upload the other shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sweet looking Omega! Plans to get the forward grip? Or is that a no go for pistols?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drewer View Post
    Sweet looking Omega! Plans to get the forward grip? Or is that a no go for pistols?
    That would not be advisable without an approved Form 1 for an SBR or AOW

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links