PTR 9CT and HK SEF trigger housing fitment issue - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: PTR 9CT and HK SEF trigger housing fitment issue

  1. #21
    Senior Member

    Join Date : May 2018
    Posts : 100
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickbraveheartwallace View Post
    Wow.....guy gets on a forum to ask for help and hkshooterusp says not to take his response as an insult and then goes on to insult the guy! “As simple as putting bread on butter”.....shocked by the arrogance!
    this sums that up^

  2. #22
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Mar 2019
    Posts : 43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickbraveheartwallace View Post
    Wow.....guy gets on a forum to ask for help and hkshooterusp says not to take his response as an insult and then goes on to insult the guy! “As simple as putting bread on butter”.....shocked by the arrogance!
    I must have missed those posts. Today is the first time I'm back to this thread for days.

    I wish it was that easy. I should have some time later this week to give it another go. Lots of projects going on at the moment so my time is limited for this.

  3. #23
    Rickbraveheartwallace
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMill08 View Post
    I must have missed those posts. Today is the first time I'm back to this thread for days.

    I wish it was that easy. I should have some time later this week to give it another go. Lots of projects going on at the moment so my time is limited for this.
    The post I was referring to was deleted by the poster-probably good that you missed it. Good luck with your project!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Dec 2016
    Location : Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts : 21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Have you ever figured out the issue fitting the SEF lower to your PTR? I am just about to order a SEF Lower housing from HK Parts.net but after reading through this thread and the guy that butchered his, I don't know
    if I want to take the chance. I would appreciate an update and the final outcome and hopefully a solution to your problem. Thank you!

  6. #25
    Very Senior Member

    Join Date : Apr 2003
    Location : Socal
    Posts : 348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMill08 View Post
    Thank you for the information everyone. I really appreciate it. I snapped these two pictures this morning on my way out of the house. I'm just looking for clarification on what part to actually dremel. I don't want to ruin the lower housing. I'm assuming the portion I need to dremel is the circled portions above the fake pin, correct?



    When I took it off the upper, it looks like the metal of the housing portion was scraping against the shelf on the gun. (Hoping I'm using the right terminology.) I circled the portion where it looks like there was metal on metal contact as I was pushing the housing onto the shelf.


    Again, thanks for all the help. Sorry for the noob questions.
    Looks like all you needed to do was file the side of the edge of the shelf. Not the top part just the side where you can see the paint wearing away. Clearance that little by little and keep checking it with the grip and it should fit all the way in.
    PTR 91 A3R
    PTR 51P PDW
    PTR C93
    BPP 94

  7. #26
    Member

    Join Date : Mar 2020
    Posts : 61
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Any final updates on this? I’m about to order a binary trigger and was going to order either a c/p SEF or Picto housing to drop it in, but after seeing all of this I may have to reconsider..

  8. #27
    Member

    Join Date : Jul 2019
    Posts : 96
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomassmith View Post
    Have you ever figured out the issue fitting the SEF lower to your PTR? I am just about to order a SEF Lower housing from HK Parts.net but after reading through this thread and the guy that butchered his, I don't know
    if I want to take the chance. I would appreciate an update and the final outcome and hopefully a solution to your problem. Thank you!
    Mine was really not that hard to do. Variable speed dremmel tool and take your time no problem. Took about 15 to 20 min and I took my time it fits tight no problems at alll. The rear pin is a little tough need a little tap with brass or nylon hammer. I got SEF finger grove clipped and pinned. Like it so much better.

  9. #28
    Member

    Join Date : Jul 2019
    Posts : 96
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 50BMGDUDE View Post
    Looks like all you needed to do was file the side of the edge of the shelf. Not the top part just the side where you can see the paint wearing away. Clearance that little by little and keep checking it with the grip and it should fit all the way in.
    I worked on the trigger housing as you have highlighted. I did not touch the shelf at all.

  10. #29
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Mar 2020
    Posts : 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Are there any updates preferably finished product pictures to this post? I just cleared away some of the plastic from the trigger housing on the SEF and I can get it on and force the pin back in the back plate but it still seems like the housing should be a tiny bit farther forward. Function check shows the gun to be working properly thus far.

  11. #30
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jun 2020
    Posts : 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    PTR 9CT and HK SEF trigger housing fitment issue-inked0625201327_li.jpg

    I just took this project when i purchased my binary trigger and SEF lower from HKPARTS. Other then the ears that need to be completely ground flat, you need to remove the teeth that come down of the area that sits on the shelf on the receiver. No one from HKPARTS or HKPRO has explained this. The teeth are blocking the shelf from seating in the lower properly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

trigger pack for ptr 9ct

,

will hk trigger pack fit ptr

Click on a term to search for related topics.