PTR 9CT and HK SEF trigger housing fitment issue
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PTR 9CT and HK SEF trigger housing fitment issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PTR 9CT and HK SEF trigger housing fitment issue

Hello,

I'm new to the platform and this forum. I purchased my PTR 9CT about a month ago and have swapped the hand guard for the wide version, added an MRO and e-filed a form 1 to make this an SBR. I ordered a clipped and pinned HK SEF housing from HK Parts. I swapped the trigger pack and went to install the housing and noticed the front where tabs are is very snug, and doesn't seem to seat all the way toward the magazine housing. This causes the rear pin hole to not line up properly. Can anyone point me in the direction of what I need to possibly file or dremel from the HK housing to make it fit. I've included some pictures of the PTR housing and the HK housing for comparison.

Here you can see the rear pin hole doesn't line up properly.

Here you can see a slight gap between the HK housing and the metal behind the magazine housing.

Here is the stock PTR housing vs the HK housing
    PTR

HK

Thanks in advance!

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I hate to use the word dremel and gun in the same sentence, but fit the housing to your gun. I’ve been there, no biggie
    Qualified HK Sear
    PCS mp5k
    PCS 53
    PCS 33k
    Omega mp5
    Omega SD-k
    Black Ops Defense mp5

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I took this project on very recently.

Use a dremel and SLOWLY widen the inside of the tabs (where the clipped push pins are) of the lower receiver. Take your time and do multiple test fits with the trigger pack out. I also had to raise the cut for the shelf slightly, but I did that with a hand file. I stopped while things were still pretty snug, but the parts would come together perfectly all the way around, and I could get the rear push pin through.

Once that's done, get ready for your next project: you may need to file down the side walls of the trigger pack in order to get it to close fully with the upper receiver. For this, I took the ejector out and just ground both sides down with a dremel. I don't know how essential it is for the tabs on the bottom of the upper receiver to seat against the trigger pack, but I went slow to make sure I didn't remove too much.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Rickbraveheartwallace

I replaced the trigger housings in both my 9C and 9KT with SEF housings. It took my gunsmith 10 minutes each to get them fitted. I have no problem admitting I’m no expert and I’d rather not mess anything up! Bottom line is it is relatively easy and both are shooting great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just take your time with them Dremel It will fit here is my 9CT

PTR 9CT and HK SEF trigger housing fitment issue-20190216_073112.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I did mine I used a dremel to remove the bulk of the material.

But I highly recommend a file to finish the job. It ended up looking much better and was easy to keep things flat and square opposed to the dremel.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Make it fit very snug. It will loosen up a bit with use and you don't want it to be loose.

As far as your photos are concerned, you used a light background for the first one showing the gap and then used a dark background for the subsequent ones. Since this is a known issue, you got lucky that others already knew exactly what it was that you were describing, but in the future... try to be a bit more consistent.

My HK C&P grip was very tight, but I worked with it (elbow grease) and got it fit tightly. I didn't want to Dremel it because I still want to use in on other MP5 guns. I got lucky that my interference wasn't as severe as yours and some others on here. Having said that, I'd custom fitted many pieces of furniture onto these guns(clones) in the past. Not a big deal. Some purists will tell you it is, but that's just a difference of opinion.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

tagging for future reference. Planning to do this swap soon as well.
    Last edited by redmax29; 03-14-2019 at 01:00 AM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Also notice your alignment along the top of your lower to upper, your front appears to be sitting higher which indicates your shelf lower fitment is causing the front to get pushed up. Check this to verify FIRST, make sure rear is tight to reciever then check your alignment gaps along both sides of the pack to ensure it is sitting straight. If your shelf is a hair too high for that pack it is pushing it up keeping it from seating all way forward. This can also cause ejector height issues that can bind your bolt because the ejector is pressed tight against instead of clearing it. Which can bend the ejector. Use your finger to press ejector to bolt to see if gap enough to move, then move carrier rearward which will cantiler the ejector up and check if is still clearing the bolt. So verify your shelf height and lower to reciever height is uniform and correct, then adjust the shelf of pack or address that. If you still cannot seat the pack forward correctly THEN look at trimming the packs ears back enough to seat it. Verify you have it seated correctly by looking through mag well and cycling bolt carrier and watching to see the ejector is not dragging on bottom of bolt. It should clear it without physically contacting it but because of the cantilever action of the ejector you have to cycle it to make sure it doesnt bind when the bolt is rear ward.
    Last edited by gulfstategaurd; 03-13-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for the information everyone. I really appreciate it. I snapped these two pictures this morning on my way out of the house. I'm just looking for clarification on what part to actually dremel. I don't want to ruin the lower housing. I'm assuming the portion I need to dremel is the circled portions above the fake pin, correct?

When I took it off the upper, it looks like the metal of the housing portion was scraping against the shelf on the gun. (Hoping I'm using the right terminology.) I circled the portion where it looks like there was metal on metal contact as I was pushing the housing onto the shelf.

Again, thanks for all the help. Sorry for the noob questions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links