Buffer questions for a 53k and 53 builds
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buffer questions for a 53k and 53 builds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Buffer questions for a 53k and 53 builds

The roller lock platform is a vary new venue for me and i have some concerns about protecting my 53's. I have a Vector V-53 pistol that i plan having finished hear in the near future (needs a barrel installed and refinishing) that has a buffered bolt carrier and i would like to install a sig brace on it at some point (i cant justify the tax stamp on this one) i've heard people post about double buffered gun ripping up the H buffer pad and i'm afraid to fire it with out proper protection. (ive seen the HKP-16255 over at HK parts would this work?)
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-9...-170p16255.htm

Im also in the same boat with my 53K build and it has a non buffered carrier and currently no buffer system just the aluminum pistol end cap (so i haven't shot it yet at all) I do plan on SBRing this gun but id like to check it for function prior to filling (id hate to form 1 a jamomatic). if the above buffer system would work for testing that would be great but i would still need to find a buffered stock set up once the stamp comes back and i would prefer the PDW style side folder but im open to other recommendations

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You could go old school and use a Choate folding stock.
    Add 3000 posts to my displayed post count.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I used the SB tactical folding brace on my 53/300 as well as my 33k.

Make sure you get the one with the aluminum end cap. I removed the poly buffer on both of them, I do have buffered carriers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but it has always been my understanding that you need an actual mechanical buffer (not just the rubber H buffer) either on the carrier or in the stock. I could be wrong but with a buffered carrier I think you could just remove the H buffer if you want to but I don't think it would matter if you leave it in it just might get a little chewed up after a while. As fullmann said above with a buffered carrier you will be fine with a SB brace as long as it is one with the aluminum end cap.

For testing the one with the non buffered carrier you could get a 33 end cap from RTG and install a standard HK mechanical buffer in it. Then once you get your form 1 you can just add an HK stock to the end cap.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/H...D-119p2923.htm

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/H...E-182p2051.htm
    Last edited by The_Great_308; 03-16-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edman99 View Post
    Is the Choate folding stock buffered? and would it handle the 5.56's recoil? Being a 53k i would imagine there isnt that much thump behind it (it's using a .300 blackout locking piece which was recommended by IGA. I do really like the Choate stock its a classic look that i like very much on K's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fullmann View Post
    I used the SB tactical folding brace on my 53/300 as well as my 33k.

Make sure you get the one with the aluminum end cap. I removed the poly buffer on both of them, I do have buffered carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_308 View Post
    I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but it has always been my understanding that you need an actual mechanical buffer (not just the rubber H buffer) either on the carrier or in the stock. I could be wrong but with a buffered carrier I think you could just remove the H buffer if you want to but I don't think it would matter if you leave it in it just might get a little chewed up after a while. As fullmann said above with a buffered carrier you will be fine with a SB brace as long as it is one with the aluminum end cap.

For testing the one with the non buffered carrier you could get a 33 end cap from RTG and install a standard HK mechanical buffer in it. Then once you get your form 1 you can just add an HK stock to the end cap.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/H...D-119p2923.htm

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/H...E-182p2051.htm
    Well crap!!! I think i'm backwards i have the AR-15 stock buffered adapter with a sig brace that i posted above thinking that would be best for the 53 but now i think it would be best if i used it for the 53K sense its a mechanical buffer verse just the rubber pad. That pretty much would only leave me with the collapsible A3 style stock wouldn't it? Thats the only stock i know of that has a mechanical buffer and looks proper on a K model

Kind of regretting have a K model built i love the look of them and having a 5.56 version just sounded cool

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edman99 View Post
    Yes the AR stock adapter you posted will work on the 53K. Also as edman99 mentioned the Choate side folder has a large rubber buffer (not the small H buffer) and should work fine. Choate uses the same rubber buffer in their HK91 stocks that they made for HK.

Personally I think the 53K looks good with an A2 stock or maybe even a clubfoot stock. You could also use a Collapsible stock but the ones made for the Hk 93 with the mechanical buffer are much harder to find than the MP5 version which only has the H buffer. Also you have to be careful because HK actually made both buffered and non-buffered HK93 collapsible stocks.

Is the front of the bolt carrier shortened on the 53K? If not you could just buy a buffered carrier for the 53K. If it is shortened you can get an HK smith to modify a buffered carrier for you. A buffered carrier would give you a lot more stock options including the easier to find MP5 Collapsible stock.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/H...E-111p3678.htm

Here is the SB side folding brace that would work with your V-53 pistol with the buffered carrier.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Side...S-83p18017.htm
    Last edited by The_Great_308; 03-16-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hello I also have a 53k question, have a c93 p and got the above mentioned sbt brace, how do I know if the carrier on my gun is buffered or not? Did the Century c93p's come with buffered carriers? Thanks all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-E the O.G. View Post
    Hello I also have a 53k question, have a c93 p and got the above mentioned sbt brace, how do I know if the carrier on my gun is buffered or not? Did the Century c93p's come with buffered carriers? Thanks all
    You probably have a buffered carrier.Look for a small half moon shaped protrusion on the backside of the carrier just to the side of where the hammer strikes.That would be your buffer.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-E the O.G. View Post
    On buffered carriers there is a little piston that sticks out of the back of the carrier. However, yours should have a buffered carrier. All of the Century C93s, both pistols and rifles were built from Malaysian HK33 parts kits which have buffered carriers.

Buffered carrier:
    https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/H...E-111p3678.htm

Non-buffered carrier:
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-93-33-33K-53-c8.htm

Edit: It looks like crimedogs beat me to the punch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links