G3 Headspace/Bolt Gap Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: G3 Headspace/Bolt Gap Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And remember...holescreek has FORGOTTEN more about building this platform than I will ever know. And I JUST realized something...I believe the numbers maybe different for a G3 than a CETME!! I apologize for the confusion. I was thinking CETME, and you're thinking G3. Go over to militaryfirearm.com and PM holescreek. He'll steer ya right. That said, I'm willing to help where/when I can. I'm following this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Keep in mind...the REAL critical number is the bolt gap. Aim for .020, and you'll be in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HollowPoint View Post
    And is he saying the magic number is the .015" you gave me?
    In a CETME, yes. .015" from the deepest face of the trunnion that you can see in the photo, to the back end of the barrel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, BTW...on MilitaryFirearm.com, there is a "Battle rifles" forum, and if you click on that, you'll find "CETME/HK" and "CETME/HK building resources" subforums. On the "CETME/HK" subforum, there is a thread entitled CETME &HK FAQ in the stickies. That thread has lots of good threads in it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The cut barrel I pushed out of the trunnion was sitting .013" proud. I pushed the new barrel in .015" proud and the bolt gap with the bolt carrier touching nothing at all will let in a .015" feeler gauge and it will not let in a .016" feeler gauge. I am not sure what the acceptable range is for the HK G3 but I feel like I am pretty close. :)
    He who walks unarmed into paradise had better be sure that is where he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you are pretty much there, then! The two numbers match up pretty well. If you need to grow/shrink the gap from .016, you should be able to adjust via locking piece &/or rollers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BTW...It is my belief that the acceptable range is the same for both G3/CETME...that being .004-.020. Higher (.020) being preferable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtHorvath View Post
    BTW...It is my belief that the acceptable range is the same for both G3/CETME...that being .004-.020. Higher (.020) being preferable.
    Awesome!!! I think I’ll live well enough alone. I really appreciate the help. I’ll leave you alone until I run into a problem pinning it. :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good call...sounds like you're on track. No worries, happy to help if I can.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links