HKPRO Forums banner

Failure to receive Zenith /Mke for the 2nd time this month, at wits end

18K views 110 replies 51 participants last post by  islandfocus2 
#1 · (Edited)
First one was through the AU fiasco, now after ordering through KE I can't get a hold of anyone on phone

Really don't want to wait another year, or risk not getting one. Does anyone know who the most reputable dealer that will honor their order is?

#3 ·
I have bought from Chuck Malta before. No problems on my end and I know 2 other people that got their MKE mp5rs from him as well. Sucks that you experienced that, mine was a smooth transaction and he was a very pleasant and informative guy.

Did you check if your CC got charged?

#4 ·
I bought one of my Zeniths from Chuck as well and had no issues. He did not come across as a chatty phone person, but pleasant enough and I had no problems. Got mine for a great price as well so it was all good.

One thing I always like to do is make sure the FFL cc's me on the email (if using email) when he send his info, that way I know it went out and to the right person.

#5 ·
I feel your pain. I'm in the exact same situation. Went the AU route and we know how that turned out. Called and ordered a Z5RS from Chuck and got an order number. Received a text message from him saying he did't have ffl info. Had ffl email his info for a second time. Now I'm just waiting for my card to be charged or a text with tracking info.

I think he does everything manually and is just inundated with so much work processing the cards, shipping, and logging the guns in his book. I'm hoping we will see something in the next few days.

#22 ·
If anyone is a member on big daddy unlimited they have the z5rs in stock both with and without a brace. With the brace its $1898 and without its $1622

Thanks for this, just ordered. Now I need to cancel my KE order (if it even went through) Have been calling and emailing him for 3 days no response. Too busy? Hire help. I've waited far too long for this import to be jerked around and risk it.

#7 ·
I too went the AU route at first, after that mess I called Chuck @ KE last Saturday. He took all my info, gave me a order #. My CC has not yet been hit, but he told me that my gun would not be going out this week because of all the orders before mine. He did however assure me that I would get one & he was not going to over sell his shipment. If you notice on his website now it says “ This load is sold Out” so Looks like he’s not over selling.
I’m sure he’ll get mine to me soon.
Good luck!

#10 ·
Not the OP, but while the SP5K is a great choice for an MP5K clone, the only "real HK" choice for a full-size semi-auto MP5 right now is an original HK94.
And I personally don't feel like spending $4k-$5k on a collector's item that I'm just going to chop up and engrave it to make it into an SBR.
Kind of diminishes the collector's value IMO.
Although if there was no other real alternatives, I might be willing to do it, like I did with my SITES Spectre SBR.

#14 ·
Maybe a chance here for an RS for $1750? https://www.gunbroker.com/item/805537373

Fine print says they're a local shop and to contact them to be sure they are in stock. Maybe a little fishy. DK.

I posted in another thread about receiving an in stock notification on a 5P. Went and ordered, received an email confirmation. Within an hour:

Our apologies, the computers inventory and the physical inventory are off, and we do not have your order in stock. We have issued a full refund to your card.
Thank you for shopping with us.
G4G Guns

Some shady dealings.

#18 ·
Appreciate the links guys, here's my worry

I go buy one of those then all of a sudden the other guy finally gets back to me and sends it...now I have 2. Or he doesn't and I miss my chance again.

This is why communication is key if you run a business lol

#29 ·
I did talk to Chuck from KE this afternoon. My ffl sent him an unreadable copy of his license. Chuck texted a picture of what he received and it was blurry and unreadable. I was like wtf!

I immediately called my ffl to have him send a better copy and he did. Chuck called me soon after and said he received the new copy and everything was good.

He said he was working to get the guns shipped out as soon as possible but he was having major problems with getting ffl info from many of those who placed orders. He also expressed his frustration with having to answer all the calls, emails, and texts from people wanting updates. You could tell he was stressed out.

I believe he is doing the best he can. In my case, he took the time to contact me to get the ffl info squared away. I appreciate that. He could have just said the hell with it, canceled my order, and sold my gun to the next person on the list.

I didnt get an ETA on my gun because I was at work and couldn't really talk at the moment. However, I do think we will see something happen in the next couple days.

TLDR: If he has a problem with your info, he will get ahold of you.

#44 ·
Thanks for this. I ordered mine last week and Chuck asked me not to call and bug him for updates. So I’ve been abiding that request but wondering when I’d see the charge come through.

He seemed pretty stressed out and no nonsense when I called him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#31 ·
The Zenith guns were restricted sales to military/law enforcement only. AU's website did not specify this and anyone could order. Their website has since been corrected. To order one you have to email them. I'm assuming you must provide credentials before being allowed to order

#50 ·
A life of their own? It was during business hours.
I tried to order other stuff as well besides that, says call to pay. .never got a hold of anyone by either phone or email. Numerous calls over numerous days. Messages left. That's fine if you wanna run a one man show but don't ignore your customers for days at a time, especially with time sensitive imported firearms. And even more so if your whole business is run solely by phone and email. Like I said before, too busy? Hire help...it's not the customers problem. I'll probably never use that place again tbh.

#46 ·
To me, it’s a courtesy to my dealer when I ask him to send his FFL. After all, it’s HIS business and I’ve bought enough guns and Class 3 bits through him that he’s usually got the FFL to the seller before the charge slip processes with an info e-mail to me that it’s done.

I also e-mail him shipping numbers as soon as I get them so he can plan his day. He has always made an effort when he receives an item to book it in and get me over to pick it up as soon as possible.

Trust goes both ways and respect is mutual.

#53 ·
Lots of complaints online about those guys. A common theme of jacking up prices, not delivering stuff as promised, not actually having stuff in stock, and overall negligence. Let's do business!!!

#54 ·
I placed an order with Chuck on 3/15. He said that he would receive the guns last week and then give him a week or so to get them shipped out. I still haven't been charged but according to another forum some people had their guns ship already. I emailed him early last week and he said he received my FFL, so I guess we'll see what happens in the next few days. I think his biggest issue is a being a one man show and all the tire kickers he gets along with people who can't follow simple directions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.