Time for a Zenith or??? - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Time for a Zenith or???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am not sure if you will be happy with a Zenith right now. I am giving them a couple more days to reply back to my email. There was a bunch of issues with mine. I will be posting a review of their service on here soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've read about a few different issues that have come up with this latest shipment. Truth be told, I bought mine from an individual that supposedly never took it out of the box and I'm not sure how long they even had it. It might be from an earlier shipment. I'm going to ask when she got it. Kinda have my fingers crossed that it is from an earlier shipment. Please keep up informed with what happens with yours Fullysemi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I jumped into this platform and the clones in February when I handled a PTR 9CT at my local dealer. Before this I obviously knew of the platform but thought you could only purchase HK units and the option of clones were nonexistent. He owns a bunch of clones and had one of his zeniths there as well that he let me check out. He stated that he liked the Zenith over the PTR due to the licensing, tooling etc etc, but had no clue when or if any would be showing up again. I left with the PTR 9CT and was happy with it after removing the hard guard, changing the trigger housing and doing some other modifications. I still wanted a Zenith and jumped on one when they were released last month. I know this last batch had its issues as everyone here knows. Overall I think the PTR has a better finish in most areas when comparing them side by side. I'm not happy with some of the cosmetic looks of the Zenith which I've contacted them about and they reply that they are normal due to production. I was also unhappy that the rail wasn't in the box, instead an IOU card. Still no eta on when that will be arriving. We all know hindsight is 20/20 but I wish I would have spent the extra $750 on a Dakota Tactical core classic, I think I would have been happier. I think the hype built up for the Zeniths caused me to expect a higher quality firearm than I received. I'll obviously keep it, but It's basically in line with the PTR I have minus some cosmetic issues. The upside to the Zenith is the licensing and tooling it was built on.

Not sure if this helps, just my thoughts.
    Last edited by AMill08; 04-16-2019 at 01:01 PM.
    chomama1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AMill08 View Post
    I jumped into this platform and the clones in February when I handled a PTR 9CT at my local dealer. Before this I obviously knew of the platform but thought you could only purchase HK units and the option of clones were nonexistent. He owns a bunch of clones and had one of his zeniths there as well that he let me check out. He stated that he liked the Zenith over the PTR due to the licensing, tooling etc etc, but had no clue when or if any would be showing up again. I left with the PTR 9CT and was happy with it after removing the hard guard, changing the trigger housing and doing some other modifications. I still wanted a Zenith and jumped on one when they were released last month. I know this last batch had its issues as everyone here knows. Overall I think the PTR has a better finish in most areas when comparing them side by side. I'm not happy with some of the cosmetic looks of the Zenith which I've contacted them about and they reply that they are normal due to production. I was also unhappy that the rail wasn't in the box, instead an IOU card. Still no eta on when that will be arriving. We all know hindsight is 20/20 but I wish I would have spent the extra $750 on a Dakota Tactical core classic, I think I would have been happier. I think the hype built up for the Zeniths caused me to expect a higher quality firearm than I received. I'll obviously keep it, but It's basically in line with the PTR I have minus some cosmetic issues. The upside to the Zenith is the licensing and tooling it was built on.

Not sure if this helps, just my thoughts.
    Thanks for the review and personal insight on the two guns. I guess they do indeed make a case for a DT.

I agree with your statements on the Zenith/MKE hype. I don't want to take anything away from MKE, but people were getting far too carried away with them being the holy grail. And, for that matter, so persistent that they were better than any other clone alternative. This industry (and forum) needed a reality check.

All that being said, I'd still like to add an MKE to my collection. If I run across one that is in decent shape, I just might do it.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My RS has been perfect.
    I bought it just before the 5K came out and the barrel was an absolute deal breaker, plus the K versions feel jumpier to me and apparently you need to switch out a part when going from unsuppressed to suppressed for reliable function.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCorrado View Post
    Now if some posts up a similar deal on a Z5P, I'll have my bases covered! Dream big!!! Haha
    You'll have to race me to that deal! ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    My RS has been perfect.
    I bought it just before the 5K came out and the barrel was an absolute deal breaker, plus the K versions feel jumpier to me and apparently you need to switch out a part when going from unsuppressed to suppressed for reliable function.

She's a BEAUTY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the review AMill08!

Dan that's a beautiful Zenith! I'm debating on going the SBR route but I may have to settle for a brace in the mean time. I hate the NFA hassle. Plus there's a possibility of moving in the next year or so. Not sure how fast the wait time is on a stamp post shutdown. Heard it's close to a year.

esh21167 let the race begin then!

I do want a suppressor for it and have been looking at some silencerco's because I get a nice discount from them. I'll probably get a 45 can just because of the versatility. Time will tell.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The braces work beautifully. However, most competitions don’t allow them, so I didn’t have a choice. FWIW, EForms is up and F1 is easy, plus unlike a can, it stays in your possession while waiting. The only thing that irritated me is the 922 crap.
    SiCo Omega9K and RS are a perfect match in utility and function IMO.

Rickbraveheartwallace

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCorrado View Post
    Thanks for the review AMill08!

Dan that's a beautiful Zenith! I'm debating on going the SBR route but I may have to settle for a brace in the mean time. I hate the NFA hassle. Plus there's a possibility of moving in the next year or so. Not sure how fast the wait time is on a stamp post shutdown. Heard it's close to a year.

esh21167 let the race begin then!

I do want a suppressor for it and have been looking at some silencerco's because I get a nice discount from them. I'll probably get a 45 can just because of the versatility. Time will tell.
    If you file via the storm process, it is very fast! I filed my form 1 for my PTR 9kt in early March and had the stamp in 19 days

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links