Time for a Zenith or???
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Time for a Zenith or???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Time for a Zenith or???

With this latest shipment of Zenith's here I've decided it's time for me to get one. I've been eyeing one since getting into roller delayed guns last year. I just can't make up my mind which model I want. It must have a brace and it must be threaded for a suppressor. I'm also thinking I want a rail on top for a red dot. I was thinking the Z5P or Z5RS but I just can't decide. Pretty sure I'm leaning toward a smaller one. Anyone previously in the same boat and have some insight or thoughts? I'm open to suggestions. I sold my FS2000 so I have some money buring a hole in my pocket before I talk my self into another AK variant. I've been suggested to look at POF's as well but haven't looked into them. I guess I have my heart set on a Zenith but I can be swayed into another import.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I always have the same answer:

You need both.

Also, may want to get in line ASAP.

There’s been quite a gap in the supply chain and the demand is well-built up and hungry.
    Eticket1337 likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I was in the same boat as you but I got the SP5K instead when it first came out, I'll probably get the older brother when I get the funds.

So, IMO get the SP5K (not threaded but if you want the closest to the real thing, this is it. You can always install a B&T barrel later) if feasible, if not either variant will scratch your itch. If you want to carry it in a backpack with you then the K, otherwise the RS. Both will be able to install a brace and all the goodies.

HK > MKE > POF > PTR

If you shop around and are lucky, people have been able to buy them at a really good price.

HK SP5K - $2100
    MKE - $1600
    POF - $1400
    PTR - $1600

Good luck and let us know what you acquire.
    AGG and spiga78 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I went with the RS first then eventually got a 5P as well. I think the RS is the more "iconic" version of the MP5 so that's why I went for it first. With that said , if you want a Zenith you had better jump on it now (if you can find one). They got a shipment but they mentioned filling back orders so not sure have many will actually hit the streets? And at the rate they have been bringing them in it could be another 2 years before you see a decent sized shipment again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hate to admit it but i dont think ill be happy till have both models. Like Mtnrider i started with the RS traditional model (not sure why they refer to it as a reverse strech) but thats besides the point. Its been a flawless gun put to this point. I'm approaching 750rds and i haven't even cleaned it yet. I honestly complete demissed buying a mp5 for year due to the price of them. But i did well on selling a few guns and deceived picked up one 1.5 to 2 years ago for $1600. They simply are amazing shooters very mild recoil just a pleasure to shoot.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
    I was in the same boat as you but I got the SP5K instead when it first came out, I'll probably get the older brother when I get the funds.

So, IMO get the SP5K (not threaded but if you want the closest to the real thing, this is it. You can always install a B&T barrel later) if feasible, if not either variant will scratch your itch. If you want to carry it in a backpack with you then the K, otherwise the RS. Both will be able to install a brace and all the goodies.

HK > MKE > POF > PTR

If you shop around and are lucky, people have been able to buy them at a really good price.

HK SP5K - $2100
    MKE - $1600
    POF - $1400
    PTR - $1600

Good luck and let us know what you acquire.
    I do not understand the demand for MKE or POF (or PTR)!!!

Tony
    Indreams84 likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    I do not understand the demand for MKE or POF (or PTR)!!!

Tony
    Right? I can understand buying any of the others when the HK SP89 /94 were expensive to acquire, but now that the SP5K is out people compare a $500-700 difference from an MKE. I don't think it's much if you break it down. That's about $50 a month give or take for a year. Anyone can forgo their coffee / fresh juice for a year and have something that will last and possibly appreciate in value.

I'm still waiting for the SP5 if @HKC S1 is reading this, I'm pretty certain plenty of us in this forum are waiting as well.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
    Right? I can understand buying any of the others when the HK SP89 /94 were expensive to acquire, but now that the SP5K is out people compare a $500-700 difference from an MKE. I don't think it's much if you break it down. That's about $50 a month give or take for a year. Anyone can forgo their coffee / fresh juice for a year and have something that will last and possibly appreciate in value.

I'm still waiting for the SP5 if @HKC S1 is reading this, I'm pretty certain plenty of us in this forum are waiting as well.
    Not everyone likes/wants the short barrel/short receiver K configuration, which is the only way that the SP5K comes. I personally prefer the classic full sized MP5 configuration, which is why I went with the Z-5RS instead of the SP5K. Others prefer stretch or reverse stretch. Plus, I liked that the Zenith came with the paddle mag, which now HK seems to be removing the ability to add on to the SP5K. Finally, it was a lot easier to find Zenith (at the time) or PTR clones than it was a HK SP5K (I’ve only ever actually seen one in person).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I want short, but with a tri lug. An SP5K is already a fair amount more than a Zenith/POF/Omega, then add the barrel swap cost. Not insignificant.

Rickbraveheartwallace

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I want short, but with a tri lug. An SP5K is already a fair amount more than a Zenith/POF/Omega, then add the barrel swap cost. Not insignificant.
    I have a PTR 9C and 9kt and I love them! I will say for quality and perfection my APC9 is a work of art!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links