TPM SD can disassembly issues

Thread: TPM SD can disassembly issues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default TPM SD can disassembly issues

Got a tpm can I’d like to clean but can’t. Can only remove the tail end cap, spacer, and barrel alignment piece. The other spacer, baffles and front cap won’t budge. Any tips on how to remove the front cap? I’ve tried a strap wrench but no luck

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The tail end cap isn’t supposed to be removed- as far as I know. (I have a single digit can from them, so unless they’ve changed their design. It’s red loctite-ed in there.) The blast chamber/barrel alignment definitely not supposed to come out. You need to get a Spanner Wrench. It fits in the two “holes” on the muzzle end of the silencer. Unsscrew that cap and the baffles should slide out. I’ve used a wooden dowel to help manipulate the baffles out by pushing the dowel through the blast chamber side and pushing the baffles out of the opened muzzle side using light taps. Here is some pics to hep show.

TPM SD can disassembly issues-2693f6d2-36aa-4c99-ad31-223b8efc92f9.jpeg

TPM SD can disassembly issues-3f6956e4-7356-4cb3-8d61-a9e69f20d2bc.jpeg
    Last edited by SmokeyWhisper; 03-22-2019 at 11:30 PM.
    Be excellent to each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Newer ones come with a flush front minus the hole for the rounds to come out. It doesn’t have those spanner wrench holes. They’re on the back end now. there’s a YouTube video of the disassembly process and it all comes apart with ease. Mine just doesn’t though. If I could get the front end off I could probably push them out but there’s nothing on the front to get hold of

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Boil it for 10-20 minutes. Sounds crazy, but this works out the gunk and loosens things up without hurting the finish or suppressor.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mine has the spanner holes on the chamber end, smooth/no holes on the muzzle end. Everything comes apart. Make sure the spanner cap is removed before attempting to remove the muzzle cap or the compression will not allow it to spin. Mine was a PIA to take apart the first time. Turns out one of the baffles or spacers was a bit out of spec. TPM took care of it. Now everything drops in/out smooth as silk.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oletennessean View Post
    Got a tpm can I’d like to clean but can’t. Can only remove the tail end cap, spacer, and barrel alignment piece. The other spacer, baffles and front cap won’t budge. Any tips on how to remove the front cap? I’ve tried a strap wrench but no luck
    oletnnessean:

Once you do get it apart and clean it before you put it together get yourself some anti-seize and put it on both
    end cap threads and taking it apart the next time will be a breeze.

Sponsored Links