PTR 9KT with SBT5KA Brace issues.

Thread: PTR 9KT with SBT5KA Brace issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PTR 9KT with SBT5KA Brace issues.

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I just bought my first MP5 clone. The PTR 9KT looks/feels great!! I also bought the SB tactical SBT5KA stabilizing brace. The brace looks great too, but I got a little concern when I read the following message in the invoice: "Brace adapters may fit tightly and/or push pins / plates may not align well. modification to the inside of the SB brace adapter may be required or assistance from a qualified gunsmith."

Long story short, the lower pin went in like it should be, not too tight, not too loose. However, the top pin did not fit into to the upper pin hole at all. I took the pistol/brace to a professional gunsmith and he told me it would be more than just "fitting", he would have to drill the brace base in order to make it fit and he was concerned it would void the warranty.

Does anyone else had the same problem? How much material you had to remove? How did you do it? How about the warranty? How much "fitting" is too much?

Thanks,

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Well as long as you just drill on the brace, the lifetime warranty of the gun doesn't get impacted. Or at least it shouldn't.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just dremel or round file a “little” at a time and keep checking. It seems to be a somewhat common occurrence.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I just helped a local in my area with same concern. I slightly reamed one pin hole in brace with a small round file.
    Then rather than open hole up any more I had a push pin with screw on eyelet that went right thru ( with a little more resistance than other pin)
    He was very happy when I showed him what that little push pin cost and he could have a used one for 1/2.
    Last edited by Machinegunleslie; 04-02-2019 at 02:12 AM.
    No Compromise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

An MP5 clone”s best friend is a good set of punches, a hammer, and a dremel tool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FWIW - I had similar problems getting a B&T stock going on my Z5-P. Grabbed the drill and opened up the top hole on the B&T stock and was able to get the pin in. Sucks to start hacking up a spendy stock to get it to fit, but I wasn't going to mod the weapon for this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all comments.

I took the pistol/brace to another gunsmith and he did a great job. BTW I contacted SB Tacticals and they said drilling the base of the brace does not void the warranty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I have a stock problem too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcortelazzi View Post
    Hi,

I am new to this forum. I just bought my first MP5 clone. The PTR 9KT looks/feels great!! I also bought the SB tactical SBT5KA stabilizing brace. The brace looks great too, but I got a little concern when I read the following message in the invoice: "Brace adapters may fit tightly and/or push pins / plates may not align well. modification to the inside of the SB brace adapter may be required or assistance from a qualified gunsmith."

Long story short, the lower pin went in like it should be, not too tight, not too loose. However, the top pin did not fit into to the upper pin hole at all. I took the pistol/brace to a professional gunsmith and he told me it would be more than just "fitting", he would have to drill the brace base in order to make it fit and he was concerned it would void the warranty.

Does anyone else had the same problem? How much material you had to remove? How did you do it? How about the warranty? How much "fitting" is too much?

Thanks,
    I just got a brand new MKE Zenith 5RS and also got a HK collapsible stock (actually a POF stock) on GunBroker. I tried to test fit the stock on the Zenith before I submit my SBR paperwork and the darn thing does not fit. The pin holes do not quite match up. I know, I should have gotten a real HK stock. I guess I will try to dremel out the stock if I can find out what is holding up the show. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to drill out the holes on the stock. That'll give me something to do while waiting for BATF to approve the stock.
    Last edited by chomama1; 04-05-2019 at 02:26 AM. Reason: add sentence

Sponsored Links