• 1 Post By jamesgs4
  • 1 Post By Beowulf
  • 1 Post By Walruskid74
  • 1 Post By TaylorWSO

Thread: PTR 91 pistol with FA binary trigger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PTR 91 pistol with FA binary trigger

I have a PTR 91 PDWR pistol with 8.5" barrel. I put a brace on it for use as a CQB weapon and this thing is a real blaster. It makes my ears ring even with muffs. I have to wear ear plugs and muffs. I bought a Franklin Armory binary trigger pack and dropped that in. I absolutely cannot control the weapon with that binary trigger. I can't hit a damn thing, the recoil walks me backwards. I know when I'm licked, I'm going to take the binary trigger out and drop it in the new MKE 5RS 9mm I just got. Maybe I can handle that. If you want a hand-full of a gun this PDWR is it, its a monster to handle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I’d be interested in your stock 9mm trigger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I doubt that I'd get rid of it. So far the Binary is just a range toy.
    dan1612 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

even in 9mm the binary is a handful, i’ll need more practice with mine to tame it
    chomama1 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chomama1 View Post
    I have a PTR 91 PDWR pistol with 8.5" barrel. I put a brace on it for use as a CQB weapon and this thing is a real blaster. It makes my ears ring even with muffs. I have to wear ear plugs and muffs. I bought a Franklin Armory binary trigger pack and dropped that in. I absolutely cannot control the weapon with that binary trigger. I can't hit a damn thing, the recoil walks me backwards. I know when I'm licked, I'm going to take the binary trigger out and drop it in the new MKE 5RS 9mm I just got. Maybe I can handle that. If you want a hand-full of a gun this PDWR is it, its a monster to handle.
    Try running one with a sear. It's a battle to keep the barrel down.

I got a UB Training bolt cut down to 51 length. With the blue plastic DAG ammo, it's 90% of the fun, with like 20% (if that) of the recoil. Plus, the ammo is cheaper too.

chomama1 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Precisely why my v51 pistol became a SBR. Just too difficult to shoot accurately.
    chomama1 likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chomama1 View Post
    even long/heavy 91s are hard to keep on target, by the time you get it going the mag is empty.
    chomama1 likes this.

Sponsored Links