Zenith Z-5RS magazine wobble/play - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Zenith Z-5RS magazine wobble/play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While I'm waiting for my Z-5RS to show up at my FFL, I've been debating getting a Z-5P as well. I'm sure my new Z-5RS will also will be affected with these same issues since others are reporting this too. This will be my first Zenith/MP5 "clone" and it's really concerning that there is a good chance that I may have to RMA both right off the bat. I hope they get them fixed up for us quickly and I'll likely hold out on anything other Zenith for the time being.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    ALRIGHT IM GOING TO BE THAT GUY...I just compared the mag wobble of a new production Z5rs and a SP5K with the bolt open, something I never even thought to do because...why? When are you going to have a mag in the gun and the bolt open? Lots of wobble to the MKE, very little to the HK. Bolt closed there was slightly more wiggle to the MKE. I really don't see how it's a big deal.

As far as the cosmetic stuff, are you not going to shoot it?

Just what this site needs, more OCD drama.
    I agree!

You guys have to remember you bought a "Clone" not a German built gun that cost 2-3 times more. There is a giant difference between quality and cost of a Ford vs. Mercedes. A clone is meant to shoot, wear the hell out, replace parts, repeat wear the hell out, etc. Of course, if money is no object you can do that to a German gun. These are weapons not collectable shotguns occasionally taken to a club to show off and shoot a round of skeet. They are meant for a sling scratching the crap out of them, dragged across exposed mags in pouches, propped and scatched on barricades and fired until extremely hot.

Just say'in
    Indreams84, Brad4065 and chomama1 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Zenith Z-5RS magazine wobble/play

I picked mine up yesterday and it also has the mag wobble. I just measured and it moves 1/2Ē with the bolt open. This is my first MP5-style gun so I donít know if thereís any spec for this kind of thing.

Other than the mag wobble, mine seems issue free. I did notice a bunch of metal shavings inside the rear cap, which I cleaned out. But my barrel is aligned, thereís no marring that I can see, and holes look clean.

Maybe Iíll contact Zenith...

Edit: I did notice that mags didnít want to insert on a closed bolt. Which I think is normal for an MP5. But I could be wrong.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4C Dragon View Post
    I agree!

You guys have to remember you bought a "Clone" not a German built gun that cost 2-3 times more. There is a giant difference between quality and cost of a Ford vs. Mercedes. A clone is meant to shoot, wear the hell out, replace parts, repeat wear the hell out, etc. Of course, if money is no object you can do that to a German gun. These are weapons not collectable shotguns occasionally taken to a club to show off and shoot a round of skeet. They are meant for a sling scratching the crap out of them, dragged across exposed mags in pouches, propped and scatched on barricades and fired until extremely hot.

Just say'in
    A lot of these posts on this forum and others are first time owners of roller locks. If you're coming from AR15's and have no baseline for what to expect it's a big difference. Especially since they are looking at a $1,800 gun and expecting it to be perfect in every way. They don't see it as a budget option. Add to that the numerous threads from new Zenith owners panicking about scratches on the paint from stock installs, worrying that brazing residue is rust, or asking if their sights are off before shooting it and you can see why there is a new Zenith thread every day. People see something they are unsure about and just assume something is wrong.

But yea, these OMG IS MY ROLLERLOCK NORMAL!?!?! threads are getting old. Especially since the company is pretty good about fixing and responding to issues fast. I don’t know why anyones first response is to ask for the opinion of strangers on the internet when the manufacturer will respond to emails, phone calls, and PMs.

Seriously, I PM'd @Marine0303 when he was in Turkey and he got back to me in a few hours. I can facebook message him too, or call/email the company. For me that's half the selling point of a Zenith, you have a warranty and customer service. I'm sure the customer service is built into the $1,800 price these guys are complaining about, maybe they should get their money's worth and use it?

And FWIW, I have a Zenith Z5RS that runs 100%. The mag wobbles a bit when the bolt is open, but I don't loose sleep over it and it hasn't skipped a beat.
    Last edited by freeride1; 04-06-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Edogg View Post
    I picked mine up yesterday and it also has the mag wobble. I just measured and it moves 1/2” with the bolt open. This is my first MP5-style gun so I don’t know if there’s any spec for this kind of thing.

Other than the mag wobble, mine seems issue free. I did notice a bunch of metal shavings inside the rear cap, which I cleaned out. But my barrel is aligned, there’s no marring that I can see, and holes look clean.

Maybe I’ll contact Zenith...

Edit: I did notice that mags didn’t want to insert on a closed bolt. Which I think is normal for an MP5. But I could be wrong.
    Yea, there is a reason people insert the mag on an open bolt and slap it closed.

How does your mag fit with the bolt closed?

Clean it, lube it and put 250 rounds of 124Gr Nato ammo through it and you should be gtg.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

my Z5P from this batch has wobble. My DJ Getz clone has no wobble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My Z5P has a slight mag wobble when the bolt is opened, but much less when itís closed. I also have the dreaded orange ďrustĒ inside the receiver. It don't make a **** to me.. I didnít buy this gun to play Navy Seals in my momís basement. I bought this weapon to operate it suppressed against a multitude of various steal targets which are wreaking havoc at my ranch in South Texas.
    Last edited by funkeruski; 04-06-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Zenith Z-5RS magazine wobble/play

Quote Originally Posted by freeride1 View Post
    Yea, there is a reason people insert the mag on an open bolt and slap it closed.

How does your mag fit with the bolt closed?

Clean it, lube it and put 250 rounds of 124Gr Nato ammo through it and you should be gtg.
    When the bolt is closed, thereís a tiny amount of movement. No more than any of my other guns. I noticed that the magwell isnít squared. Iím guessing that this is probably going to be ok. But itís still a little disappointing. I plan to call Zenith on Monday and talk with them about it.

Speaking of lubing, does anyone have any good guides on where to lube roller lock guns? Iíve made some assumptions based on what I can tell are contact points between the bolt and receiver. But I want to make sure Iím not missing anything.

Edit: hereís a pic of the magwell. Also, I canít seem to get the bolt to stop by pushing the mag forward. So thatís good from a functionality standpoint at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Edogg; 04-06-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by funkeruski View Post
    My Z5P has a slight mag wobble when the bolt is opened, but much less when it’s closed. I also have the dreaded orange “rust” inside the receiver. It don't make a **** to me.. I didn’t buy this gun to play Navy Seals in my mom’s basement. I bought this weapon to operate it suppressed against a multitude of various steal targets which are wreaking havoc at my ranch in South Texas.
    Except it's not rust. It's from brazing. My Swiss Sig 551 has it and you don't see me crying about it. It's the inside of the receiver for god sakes, if you can see the brazing residue you haven’t shot it enough.
    Last edited by freeride1; 04-06-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Random pics of my 5RS. Looks decent. I have no comparison, but with the bolt closed the MKE mags move back and forth less than 1/8". POF mags are solid and require a little effort to seat and remove. I'm not worried. I'm sure they will improve. Hope to do a little test firing tonight or tomorrow.

https://imgur.com/a/nSbU3QO

Side question: Any way to embed an Imgur album in a post?
    chomama1 likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links