• 4 Post By HKaltwasser
  • 1 Post By AGG
  • 1 Post By AKR*

Thread: MSG90 Markings?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Default MSG90 Markings?

I plan on having my forward assist installed soon. My question is: does anyone have any pictures of both sides of factory markings on the magwell, more importantly the left side? I'm hoping to have it re-stamped/marked if I'm gonna have to have it refinished. I've combed through all the pictures I can find without any clear results.

Legally, does anyone know what all has to be kept on my PTR91 receiver besides serial#?

Can you recommend anyone for this service? Removal of shell deflector, install forward assist, re-stamp/re-mark ? I know IGF can do it but I'd like to avoid his turn around times.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

I cannot find my pictures, but here are the markings that I have:

(KC) 45-01XX
    (KE) 293 (Germany)
    (KK) 45-XXXX
    (AA) 45-0441

- left receiver (MSG90 45-XXXX/HK Cal.7,62x51/KC)
    - right receiver (Made in W-Germany/HK Inc.Sterling VA)
    - left receiver (MSG90 XXX/HK Cal.7,62x51/KE)
    - right receiver (?)(Germany)
    - left receiver (MSG90 45-XXXX/HK Cal.7,62x51/KK)
    - right receiver (Made in Germany/HK Inc.Sterling VA)
    - left receiver (MSG90 45-XXXX/HK Cal.7,62x51/AA)
    - right receiver (?)

On IGF, read here:

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/outside-...r-members.html

Do not know the specifics of your project, but there is this:

https://ptr-us.com/product/msg-ptr-106/

Tony

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Michael machine can build you one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Oh sorry maybe I wasn't totally clear. My gun is done, I just want to make some changes to it. Thanks for the info Tony, that was helpful, now if I can find some pictures for font and size.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKaltwasser View Post
    Oh sorry maybe I wasn't totally clear. My gun is done, I just want to make some changes to it. Thanks for the info Tony, that was helpful, now if I can find some pictures for font and size.

You are welcome--- that looks great --- the only pics that I could find of a "factory" MSG90 (post-86 sample) were from a sales ad (cannot increase the size of the pics for them to make them legible--- the auction was by https://www.quietriotfirearms.com/ --- maybe they have some archived pics!!!
    If memory serves, the fonts were like those on the PSG1 (1989+).

Tony
    HKaltwasser likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For font you can get the correct look if you can get a look at a late SR-9 receiver which were made in the esrly 90s and have the same serial number format (which is different than that of an HK91). For placement etc. there is a member here that has a pushpin MSG90 that was made by Terry Dyer at least 10 years ago (could be closer to 15) out of an pre-86 HK RR machine gun and a real post-sample police MSG-90 kit. I don’t remember who it was at this point. Good luck.
    HKaltwasser likes this.
    Rollerlocks....

*Locked out of my original AKR account...

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AKR* View Post
    For font you can get the correct look if you can get a look at a late SR9 receiver which were made in the esrly 90s and have the same serial number format (which is different than that of an HK91). For placement etc. there is a member here that has a pushpin MSG90 that was made by Terry Dyer at least 10 years ago (could be closer to 15) out of an pre-86 HK RR machine gun and a real post-sample police MSG-90 kit. I don’t remember who it was at this point. Good luck.
    Or this!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Update: I just remembered where you can see real original factory markings on these. Go to Small Arms Review’s web site and search Raffica HK machine gun guide part III. I have the paper copy somewhere but I will be darned if Dan & co. didnt upload it at some point. Part I and Part II are pretty cool too if you like this sort of info. ;) The internet really is quite something.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thanks!!! Great archives.
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
    You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good.
    Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy.
    Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

"If you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat" Ronald Reagan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKaltwasser View Post

That is awesome! What kind of groups do you get from it?

Sponsored Links