G3K SBR Final Opinion - Almost Complete! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: G3K SBR Final Opinion - Almost Complete!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I personally always liked what Urbach did with these with the 4 prong, vented hand guard and A3 set up. I am one of those strange people that do not mind shooting .308 with the A3 stock (and I actually prefer shooting the MP5 with the A3 as well) but I think using the 21 / heavy buffer set up is probably better for most people especially if you plan to shoot the heck out of the gun. I think if you really plan to use optics, it makes sense to get the rail for ease of use and versatility (such as having options for height and co-witnessing - claw mount is limiting and can damage the finish pretty bad if you are not super careful which can be an issue for some people). As for the deflector vs buffer issue, the install of the buffer will mar the finish if you remove it, but at least it can be removed, whereas the deflector is obviously permanent. I can attest from personal experience that both serve their purpose. Good luck with the build!
    Rollerlocks....

*Locked out of my original AKR account...

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I really like the Hensoldt sight, on an arms mount, on an AUG, but don't care for them at all on the rifle they were intended for. I found an ACOG specific mount that used the same claw mount tabs, thinking it would be a tad bit lower than going the top rail route, but it ended up being about the same height anyway, and I didn't like the added bulk to the rifle either. All that to say, rail+ACOG.G3K SBR Final Opinion - Almost Complete!-img_0082.jpgG3K SBR Final Opinion - Almost Complete!-27783102_10213882632212025_571178339_n.jpg
    I find the concave retractable stocks to make a huge difference over the convex style for shooting.
    The_Great_308 likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AKR* View Post
    I personally always liked what Urbach did with these with the 4 prong, vented hand guard and A3 set up. I am one of those strange people that do not mind shooting .308 with the A3 stock (and I actually prefer shooting the MP5 with the A3 as well) but I think using the 21 / heavy buffer set up is probably better for most people especially if you plan to shoot the heck out of the gun. I think if you really plan to use optics, it makes sense to get the rail for ease of use and versatility (such as having options for height and co-witnessing - claw mount is limiting and can damage the finish pretty bad if you are not super careful which can be an issue for some people). As for the deflector vs buffer issue, the install of the buffer will mar the finish if you remove it, but at least it can be removed, whereas the deflector is obviously permanent. I can attest from personal experience that both serve their purpose. Good luck with the build!
    Thanks man, I appreciate that. Thanks for chiming in and I value that info.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, looks amazing. What muzzle break is that on the gun?
    EX UNITATE VIRES

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Praetorian View Post
    Yeah, that looks great. Do you like that setup and do you shoot it often? How is the optic/eye relief and accuracy for you using it like that?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus;[URL="tel:3523494"
    3523494[/URL]]Yeah, that looks great. Do you like that setup and do you shoot it often? How is the optic/eye relief and accuracy for you using it like that?
    Very comfortable and eye relief is fine. The Hensoldt works great for me. I have several and they were made for this platform so I wanted to stick to that. Yes other and better choices are are available but the scope is great for what it is and can do. Illumination, BDC and ranging are possible.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Now that is a sweet setup, well done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links