G3K SBR Final Opinion - Almost Complete!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: G3K SBR Final Opinion - Almost Complete!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default G3K SBR Final Opinion - Almost Complete!

Hey everyone,

I know this topic has probably been covered before, but I can only find older dated posts which may, or may not still hold value. So, I figured I would ask related to my own circumstances. With that being said, thanks for checking out this post.

Here is what I have:

• A G3K build from Ghillie with no rail and no deflector with only the backplate and recoil rod/spring
    • Hensoldt Zeiss Fero Z24 scope and clamp (perfect condition w/ illum) that I may or may not use.
    • Acog w/ ACSS reticle (not mounted on anything yet)
    • RCM 12" barrel 15x1
    • Match grade trigger pack from Hkparts
    • HK bipod (may or may not use)
    • Chimera 300 suppressor comes soon

I'm wanting some expert opinions on a few options:

1. Do you think I should get a rail and use a modern optic instead of the Hensoldt? Anyone w/ experiences with this?
    2. Should I ship it to ghillie for a shell deflector and refinish or just use a port buffer? Is the port buffer a good option?
    3. Which stock would you suggest? I would like a PCS heavy buffer with HK21 clubfoot, but I'm not confident on modifying the stock for fitting if I have to do so. Im not sure if I would enjoy an A3 retractable stock either; I kind of like the fixed look.
    4. Is it worth buying a dead air muzzle brake and adapter to replace the ASR system that the Chimera uses? (I also have an original AAC 300 BLK SBR that may have to share this suppressor unless I buy a new one for dedicated and direct thread) Anyone with experiences on suppressing one of these?

This may be considered a rather long post, but this is my first G3K, my first SBR, my first suppressor, and My first build. So, I'm rather thorough and want to make good decisions. Im leaning towards an old school, WWII look to it. I really appreciate your time and thank you for reading.
    Last edited by Lateralus; 04-11-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Retractable stock all day any day. Pronged flash hider. And an ACOG RMR combo or Hensoldt.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I run the clubfoot on mine along with a 21 buffer and am happy with it. I personally put the kac rail on so I had a place for a front grip as it helps when shooting full auto(mine has a sear).

The_Great_308 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slytiger View Post
    Retractable stock all day any day. Pronged flash hider. And an ACOG RMR combo or Hensoldt.
    Why do you suggest the retractable stock? It looks nice, but it doesn't seem comfortable to shoot. However, I haven't used one so I don't know for sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    I run the clubfoot on mine along with a 21 buffer and am happy with it. I personally put the kac rail on so I had a place for a front grip as it helps when shooting full auto(mine has a sear).

That's really nice man. I like that. Unfortunately, I don't have the resources to have one to run full auto. Maybe one day, just very expensive lol.

Thanks for sharing that, I like how that looks.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default G3K SBR Final Opinion - Almost Complete!

The G3 fixed stocks are inches longer than even an M16A2 (notorious super long) stock.

Get the multi position Retractable Stock. I like them for several reasons. I have one. They don’t hurt or anything. They have an in line with bore axis placement. You even get cheek weld if you use iron sights.

If you do want the fixed stock route then get the South stock.

I’d never suggest to anybody to use any standard G3 stock unless you are 6’3” and taller.
    Last edited by Slytiger; 04-11-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Hey everyone,

I know this topic has probably been covered before, but I can only find older dated posts which may, or may not still hold value. So, I figured I would ask related to my own circumstances. With that being said, thanks for checking out this post.

Here is what I have:

• A G3K build from Ghillie with no rail and no deflector with only the backplate and recoil rod/spring
    • Hensoldt Zeiss Fero Z24 scope and clamp (perfect condition w/ illum) that I may or may not use.
    • Acog w/ ACSS reticle (not mounted on anything yet)
    • RCM 12" barrel 15x1
    • Match grade trigger pack from Hkparts
    • HK bipod (may or may not use)
    • Chimera 300 suppressor comes soon

I'm wanting some expert opinions on a few options:

1. Do you think I should get a rail and use a modern optic instead of the Hensoldt? Anyone w/ experiences with this?
    2. Should I ship it to ghillie for a shell deflector and refinish or just use a port buffer? Is the port buffer a good option?
    3. Which stock would you suggest? I would like a PCS heavy buffer with HK21 clubfoot, but I'm not confident on modifying the stock for fitting if I have to do so. Im not sure if I would enjoy an A3 retractable stock either; I kind of like the fixed look.
    4. Is it worth buying a dead air muzzle brake and adapter to replace the ASR system that the Chimera uses? (I also have an original AAC 300 BLK SBR that may have to share this suppressor unless I buy a new one for dedicated and direct thread) Anyone with experiences on suppressing one of these?

This may be considered a rather long post, but this is my first G3K, my first SBR, my first suppressor, and My first build. So, I'm rather thorough and want to make good decisions. Im leaning towards an old school, WWII look to it. I really appreciate your time and thank you for reading.
    I had Jeff build me one on a PTR receiver and i would def do the rail on top and use a better option for optic you will get a better eye relief and better options for optics i also have a KAC front hand guard

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I'll let me picture explain my opinion :D. Good luck with the build.

redmax29 and The_Great_308 like this.
    A voice from the past whispers in my ear, “Brethren, keep your powder dry.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Damn. I like how that looks too. What forend is that? So, no on the Hensoldt scope then I guess. I might keep it for a different build then, I dunno.

Thanks for sharing that.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Damn. I like how that looks too. What forend is that? So, no on the Hensoldt scope then I guess. I might keep it for a different build then, I dunno.

Thanks for sharing that.
    It's a G3k German HK vented forearm, they're really hard to find nowdays for some reason. I wouldn't do the Hensoldt personally. I had two and sold them both, while they're hardy good scopes, there's too many modern good options out there. They're great for that classic look and all, but I think if you're trying to fill a role for this gun other than nostalgia then no. I just think the 3.5x ACOG fits this gun perfectly with the range and all.

Mine's set up as a somewhat mobile "go to" gun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links