My African PTR G.I. Project

Thread: My African PTR G.I. Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default My African PTR G.I. Project

My PTR G.I. with SADF G3 furniture on it. Must say, it shoots well and the PTR itself is awesome.

My African PTR G.I. Project-e6poatk.jpg
    EX UNITATE VIRES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's interesting. Haven't seen lots of those handguards around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FullySemiAutomatic View Post
    That's interesting. Haven't seen lots of those handguards around.
    thanks man. Got a few complete sets incoming from Africa.
    The stock and the handguard are great for collectors who dig South African history ;-)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dude, don't stop there. Break out the baby-$h!t yellow and the olive green paint and get that thing camouflaged right now. The terrs will spot your ass right off as soon as you step into the bush. Good hunting, and long live Rhodesia. ;^{)

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by team_1911 View Post
    My PTR G.I. with SADF G3 furniture on it. Must say, it shoots well and the PTR itself is awesome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E6PoAtk.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	569.0 KB 
ID:	230656
    Very nice!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Green57 View Post
    Dude, don't stop there. Break out the baby-$h!t yellow and the olive green paint and get that thing camouflaged right now. The terrs will spot your ass right off as soon as you step into the bush. Good hunting, and long live Rhodesia. ;^{)
    I thought of painting the rifle in Rhodie colors. However, couldn't bring it over my heart to paint the furniture in Rhodie babypoop. And finding the correct color codes isn't that easy either.

Yes, long live Rhodesia (and the old Africa that my parents witnessed and loved).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I know what you mean. It would be nice to have a few rifles that you could do what you want to, color and configuration wise.

As for the correct color, there is a guy over on the FALfiles that has done some extensive research and has replicated the colors the RLI used to paint their rifles. If you ever get the urge, that's where you can find the proper colors. Or should I say colours.

No doubt, Old Bob really did the country in. I'm sure if you ask most of the people now if they had a choice between Robert Mugabe running Zimbabwe, or Ian Smith running Rhodesia, they would pick the latter. Hind sight is always 20/20...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I know what you mean. It would be nice to have a few rifles that you could do what you want to, color and configuration wise.

As for the correct color, there is a guy over on the FALfiles that has done some extensive research and has replicated the colors the RLI used to paint their rifles. If you ever get the urge, that's where you can find the proper colors. Or should I say colours.

No doubt, Old Bob really did the country in. I'm sure if you ask most of the people now if they had a choice between Robert Mugabe running Zimbabwe, or Ian Smith running Rhodesia, they would pick the latter. Hind sight is always 20/20...
    You bet. There are a few inspirations for baby poop G3s out there... Maybe one day

Not only Zimbabwe has gone down the drain - South Africa is the other one. Sad to see so much history, wealth and culture get destroyed.

Many old folks (no matter their skin color) support the old governments. They knew they had food, work, decent police force and a educational/ health system that did work. Good luck finding that today in southern Africa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a friend that works for a mining company, he used to stop over at our house on his way to South Africa. He stated the same thing. Corrupt and inept officials are pervasive through out the whole system of government from the top to the bottom now. He said everything is falling apart, he's noticed the difference from just a few years time.

I also flew with a guy that was a USMC embassy guard in SA. He told me about talking to the old timers that hated the Apartheid system, but at least they didn't have to worry about getting shot or mugged all the time, or coming home to find all your stuff missing. Truly sad to hear about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a friend that works for a mining company, he used to stop over at our house on his way to South Africa. He stated the same thing. Corrupt and inept officials are pervasive through out the whole system of government from the top to the bottom now. He said everything is falling apart, he's noticed the difference from just a few years time.

I also flew with a guy that was a USMC embassy guard in SA. He told me about talking to the old timers that hated the Apartheid system, but at least they didn't have to worry about getting shot or mugged all the time, or coming home to find all your stuff missing. Truly sad to hear about.
    I can relate to that.

Ever since the abolishment of the Commando System in South Africa, we white farmers live in danger. Plaasmoorde have been skyrocketing with no end in sight. The government hesitantly hands out permits to buy firearms. And now the same government comes after our land...

Let's hope that Namibia will stay a decent country.

Sponsored Links