Different enough to warrant another one?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Different enough to warrant another one?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Different enough to warrant another one?

So how "different" does a gun need to be for you to consider adding it to your collection? I am not talking about a purchase for financial gain, I mean a purchase that makes you want to add it as an addition to your collection? I ask because I see pictures of collections with duplicates or very similar guns and sometimes wonder why. I have seen guys post pictures showing dozens of ARs or several MP5s that look identical or have very small differences.

Personally, I do not have any duplicates or even "similar" guns. I have a G36 (converted by TB), a UMP (that I converted), a reverse stretch MP5 (POF) very customized, an MP5SD (OM9 specifically), a PTR 51P, PTR 91 dressed up kinda like a PSG. Really the only others I would be interested in (other than an MP7 or any FA hosts) would be an MP5k and a classic MP5 (as in classic furniture etc). I am not really concerned about brand; as long as it runs and is cosmetically correct, I couldn't care less about having duplicates in different brand names. Sure I would prefer actual HKs but am just as happy with a clone.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with having duplicates, I am just trying to see what the reasons are.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Different enough to warrant another one?-hks.jpg  

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Serial number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01 / 03

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think it varies from person to person. Some people have two of a firearm so they can have one to use and wear out, while the other is a backup to use if the user rifle breaks or is sent off for repair. Others may have a couple so they can pass down one to each kid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Buy whatever collectable firearms you can afford and sit in them is the lesson Ive learned in the last 10 years. Another AWB will make your collection much more valuable duplicates and all. If there is not another AWB, and things go south financially you can offload your spares. My collection paid my alimony so I could eat and keep the bills paid some years back. If not you have some extra retirement money later on or something cool to pass on.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    leadcounsel and waylon43 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

whatever catches my eye. That's my basic rule.
    Happiness is a warm machine gun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jt15550 View Post
    Serial number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good one LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I lived thru the '94-04 AWB, and various state bans and restrictions. I've lived "without" guns for periods too. I've lived thru the Obama gun spikes x 3, when we saw total outtages of mags/ammo/parts. Reloaders also suffered with empty shelves. Import bans. It sucked. And some guns just soar in price later like the PSL or Saigas, or C&R guns, etc.

If you like guns, you should buy duplicates of the guns you like when you see them deeply discounted in price.

Right now is the "golden years" for platforms like most modern handguns and long guns, like ARs. If you aren't adding these to your collection in dublicates, I think you'll regret it in a decade or two.

Liberty and gun ownership has been under attack for a century, and getting closer to lines-drawn every decade. Keep in mind, we gun owners barely won Heller or McDonald. 1 vote. We barely had the AWB sunset, only because Bush was elected and only by 700 votes, which was less than 1% of the total and only by a handful of EC votes. About 1/2 of Americans (by population) live behind enemy lines in anti-gun states where gun ownership is difficult. We nearly had a totally anti-gun POTUS Hillary Clinton who promised gun confiscation ala Australia like. She promised to stack the SCOTUS and reverse Heller.... We gun owners have won close and important battles, but it's not over.

Ironically, I buy guns because of liberals constant threat against gun rights... and I've learned from both supply/demand and laws of economics, and firearms laws that if you don't buy it now you may not be able to. And quality guns kept in good condition will hold or increase in value.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Techspy View Post
    So how "different" does a gun need to be for you to consider adding it to your collection? I am not talking about a purchase for financial gain, I mean a purchase that makes you want to add it as an addition to your collection? I ask because I see pictures of collections with duplicates or very similar guns and sometimes wonder why. I have seen guys post pictures showing dozens of ARs or several MP5s that look identical or have very small differences.

Personally, I do not have any duplicates or even "similar" guns. I have a G36 (converted by TB), a UMP (that I converted), a reverse stretch MP5 (POF) very customized, an MP5SD (OM9 specifically), a PTR 51P, PTR 91 dressed up kinda like a PSG. Really the only others I would be interested in (other than an MP7 or any FA hosts) would be an MP5k and a classic MP5 (as in classic furniture etc). I am not really concerned about brand; as long as it runs and is cosmetically correct, I couldn't care less about having duplicates in different brand names. Sure I would prefer actual HKs but am just as happy with a clone.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with having duplicates, I am just trying to see what the reasons are.
    OP;

As the saying goes, and please adhere ...…."Two is one, and one is none."

And this applies to EVERYTHING HK. I promise.
    leadcounsel likes this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Techspy View Post
    So how "different" does a gun need to be for you to consider adding it to your collection?

...would be an MP5k and a classic MP5
    Excellent collection, so far.

Needs more MP5k and MP5, as noted above.

Also consider many that spend time here are men of means. "If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up..."
    Last edited by Lumbergh; 04-22-2019 at 10:45 PM.
    "Amat victoria curam"

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

All good points guys, thanks.
    leadcounsel likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links