PTR-9K FTE problems - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: PTR-9K FTE problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can honestly say, you have spent a whole lot of time troubleshooting when that time could and should be spent shooting the gun, send it to PTR and enjoy the reliability when you get it back! BTW: You are SOOOO lucky you get a full auto to play with, have fun! :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you everybody for your replies.
    This PTR-9KT is going back to PTR for a warranty service.
    FTEs in this type of firearm are usually caused by a faulty extractor spring or the extractor itself. The parts are cheap and easy to replace. So I gave it a fair try. Then I clearly identified, the problem is related to a defective part. Now is the time for PTR to do the right thing. From all I saw on line, PTR has really great customer service, so I don't anticipate any problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just a quick update.
    PTR-9KT was shipped to PTR and they received it on May 9.
    I inquired about the repair status twice. It didn't get to their gunsmith yet, they are "swamped" with work.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats what you get for buying PTR junk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fbmbirds View Post
    thats what you get for buying PTR junk.
    I would respectfully disagree with you. I have PTR-9CT which is flawless, also PTR-32 PDWR, great inside and out.
    What do you base your opinion on? What personal experience do you have with PTR products?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JackO View Post
    I would respectfully disagree with you. I have PTR-9CT which is flawless, also PTR-32 PDWR, great inside and out.
    What do you base your opinion on? What personal experience do you have with PTR products?
    Indeed.

PTR makes a good product.

They are manufacturing 9mm models by the thousands. Occasionally there is an issue. They stand behind their product, 100% made in the USA.

My sample size of 2 in the 9mm line are excellent quality and 0 malfunctions due date.

YMMV.
    "Amat victoria curam"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
    Indeed.

PTR makes a good product.

They are manufacturing 9mm models by the thousands. Occasionally there is an issue. They stand behind their product, 100% made in the USA.

My sample size of 2 in the 9mm line are excellent quality and 0 malfunctions due date.

YMMV.
    Just picked up the 9KT. Shot about 100 rounds so far (single, doubles, 5, 10, and 15 shot strings over both mags). No problems to report whatsoever. We will see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JackO View Post
    Any update on your 9KT?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've put over 2500 rounds thru my 9KT in the last month and a half and it just chugs, I'd say 90% of the rounds fired were suppressed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigmonster View Post
    I've put over 2500 rounds thru my 9KT in the last month and a half and it just chugs, I'd say 90% of the rounds fired were suppressed.
    Did you have any issues with over cyclong and roller marks? Mine is currently eating buffers every couple hundred rounds and I have roller marks. PTR put a new bolt group in and the gap is fine. Next things I considered were weak hammer spring on my BFS rigger pack and maybe a weak recoil spring? Anyway just wondering if you’ve got anything indicating cycling issues since I plan to suppress with a stock but don’t wanna form 1 until it’s running correcty

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links