PTR-9K FTE problems - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: PTR-9K FTE problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taybig88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigmonster View Post
    I've put over 2500 rounds thru my 9KT in the last month and a half and it just chugs, I'd say 90% of the rounds fired were suppressed.
    Did you have any issues with over cyclong and roller marks? Mine is currently eating buffers every couple hundred rounds and I have roller marks. PTR put a new bolt group in and the gap is fine. Next things I considered were weak hammer spring on my BFS rigger pack and maybe a weak recoil spring? Anyway just wondering if you’ve got anything indicating cycling issues since I plan to suppress with a stock but don’t wanna form 1 until it’s running correcty
    After like 500 rounds I verified the headspace was good. Installed HK ejector, extractor and extraction spring then have just been shooting it.
    The original buffer , and the B&T buffer still look great. I mostly have been shooting S&B 115gr because I have a bunch , but have shot 124gr NATO spec and 147 subs also.[IMG][/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PTR-9K FTE problems-img_20190531_203521.jpg  
    Last edited by Tigmonster; 06-05-2019 at 11:50 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well crap dude maybe I got a lemon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
    Any update on your 9KT?
    Yes. Got it back from PTR. It took more than 3 weeks, but it is finally back. Hope to test it tonight or tomorrow, will post the results.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just out of curiosity, did they send you a shipping label? The one they sent me is for UPS ground. I've never shipped a firearm but from what I read handguns have to be declared and can only be sent next day air. When I went to my local UPS store I was told I would have to go to a hub, so either way it's going to be a few days before I can get out there to ship it off.
    Last edited by syoung; 06-07-2019 at 02:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by syoung View Post
    Just out of curiosity, did they send you a shipping label?
    Yes, they did send me a UPS Ground label.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So I finally was able to test my repaired PTR-9KT. Excellent results! I shot it with a Choate foldable stock and foregrip using 5 brands of different ammo, different bullet weights: 115, 124, and 147 grains. Did it in seliauto, full auto, and suppressed modes. Shot total of about 300 rounds using PTR, POF, HK magazines. Everything worked fine. It worked even with Aguila 147 gr truncated nose! I tried just one magazine of Aguila 147, had just one FTL, and this is given the gun is originally designed for round nose bullets! The accuracy is excellent too. Now it's one of my favorite toys.
    Bolt gap after 300 test fired is within 20-22 thousands.

Disclosure: I am an 07 FFL and SOT, so everything is perfectly legal.
    Last edited by JackO; 06-07-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Glad I found this thread. I am having a very similar problem with my 9KT.

I was going through the recommended break-in process, by the book, like it says to do in the manual, and I had maybe 10-12 malfunctions in the 300-ish rounds I fired. All FTE. And every piece of brass I picked up at the end of the day was deformed.

The other thing though is that it seems like all the malfunctions came from the same magazine, although I'm not 100% certain.

Anyway, rather than dick around with this myself, I sent PTR an e-mail describing the problem. Hopefully they get back to me soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smart, just send it back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The way I figure it, it would take me longer to figure out what the problem is, get parts, replace test, etc. than it would for me to just send it back anyway. Plus it is under warranty. I’ve got other pistol caliber carbines I can shoot in the meantime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigmonster View Post
    After like 500 rounds I verified the headspace was good. Installed HK ejector, extractor and extraction spring then have just been shooting it.
    The original buffer , and the B&T buffer still look great. I mostly have been shooting S&B 115gr because I have a bunch , but have shot 124gr NATO spec and 147 subs also.[IMG][/IMG]
    I'm going to have a similar setup with mine. I ordered the same stock and foregrip. I've got a DA Wolfman pre-ordered as well, and a 3-lug mount waiting.

Just gotta get PTR to tweak the gun so it runs reliably.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links