PTR-9K FTE problems - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: PTR-9K FTE problems

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dillhole View Post
    Glad I found this thread. I am having a very similar problem with my 9KT.

I was going through the recommended break-in process, by the book, like it says to do in the manual, and I had maybe 10-12 malfunctions in the 300-ish rounds I fired. All FTE. And every piece of brass I picked up at the end of the day was deformed.

The other thing though is that it seems like all the malfunctions came from the same magazine, although I'm not 100% certain.

Anyway, rather than dick around with this myself, I sent PTR an e-mail describing the problem. Hopefully they get back to me soon.
    The FTEs are NOT normal, so it's good to send it back, but I did want to comment that both of my PTRs are very rough on brass, so IMO that's to be expected. They flatten one side of the brass completely - I don't mind it because I don't reload.

Also, magazines are usually the culprit when you're having malfunctions, which is what's led me to number all my mags. You may have one that's out of spec. Next range session, leave that one at home and see how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bangbangduck View Post
    The FTEs are NOT normal, so it's good to send it back, but I did want to comment that both of my PTRs are very rough on brass, so IMO that's to be expected. They flatten one side of the brass completely - I don't mind it because I don't reload.

Also, magazines are usually the culprit when you're having malfunctions, which is what's led me to number all my mags. You may have one that's out of spec. Next range session, leave that one at home and see how it goes.
    That's not a bad idea.

That said, I already sent it back. If there is something wrong, I wanted to get the ball rolling on getting it fixed ASAP. If there isn't, they can just replace the magazine or whatever was causing the problem and get it back to me.

I also ordered some aftermarket magazines already. The ETS ones. They're cheap, and I have heard good things about their quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyway, this is sort of what I had been dealing with. Hopefully the PTR guys can clean this up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PTR-9K FTE problems-9a523259-fe84-4ef2-8499-db95dc3f39ce_1561542993839.jpeg   PTR-9K FTE problems-c2904983-a021-4f7a-8edc-afe93b274ce2_1561543014292.jpeg   PTR-9K FTE problems-ea80825d-cfe8-40d6-9311-adeac34a6b97_1561543036523.jpeg  

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, same as mine, it took 3 weeks door to door, 6 mags later, flawless operation.
    dillhole likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How was the PTR customer service, in everyone's opinion?

I sent my 9kt in last week, UPS shows it was delivered, but they never did confirm receipt of it. I called and e-mailed to confirm that they got it, and that there was nothing else I needed to do to get the ball rolling on the repair, as well as to make a correction to the address they have for me, and I still have not heard back from them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just got mine back today, like everyone else it was gone around 3 weeks. I never emailed them, I did check the tracking number and confirmed it was delivered. It was signed for so that was good enough for me. When I got it back there was a printout that showed work done, a new poly mag, and a 90deg locking piece. I had mentioned that I purchased a 90deg locking piece from hkparts that wouldn't fit and that I mostly run 147s and a can.

Working tonight, hopefully I can go shoot it tomorrow. So far I'm happy with the service.
    new cal shooter likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by syoung View Post
    Just got mine back today, like everyone else it was gone around 3 weeks. I never emailed them, I did check the tracking number and confirmed it was delivered. It was signed for so that was good enough for me. When I got it back there was a printout that showed work done, a new poly mag, and a 90deg locking piece. I had mentioned that I purchased a 90deg locking piece from hkparts that wouldn't fit and that I mostly run 147s and a can.

Working tonight, hopefully I can go shoot it tomorrow. So far I'm happy with the service.
    That's good to hear. I am more concerned that they are going to send it back to the wrong address than anything else. Either I had a typo when I registered it, or they made one when they created the UPS label. I didn't notice it until I looked at the return address on the label when I was dropping it off at the UPS store.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Papi Maximus View Post
    Just picked up the 9KT. Shot about 100 rounds so far (single, doubles, 5, 10, and 15 shot strings over both mags). No problems to report whatsoever. We will see...
    Update: Have put about 500 rounds through mine with no issues that I can clearly attribute to the firearm. I have purposely not cleaned it during this time. The only issue I see is that it is not thrilled about being fully loaded to 30 rounds - especially on a closed bolt (yeah I know, I should not do that). But I was shooting an IDPA competition (PCC) and I went to insert the magazine under pressure and forgot to stage the action open. Honestly, it could have been me rushing to get it loaded but I somehow caused a double-feed. Other than that, no problems. I will clean this week in have another 200 round competition this weekend so we will see.

So far have only shot 124gr Federal American Eagle which is my normal range/target/competition ammo. I also changed the rear drum sight from the castle to the peep site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by new cal shooter View Post
    Yep, same as mine, it took 3 weeks door to door, 6 mags later, flawless operation.
    Well mag #8 gave me one failure to eject and double feed all at once.. more testing to come.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I sent mine in for FTE's and out of spec bolt gap the first RMA and they swapped out the bolt group and polymer trigger housing. When I got it back the bolt gap was fixed but there were still some FTE's with the binary trigger pack i was using. Those were fixed with a german made extractor and spring from HKParts. Once the bolt gap and FTE's were remedied I ran into another serious problem: roller bumps. The gun was cycling WAY too hard and the recoil impulse wasn't as soft as I thought roller locks should be. I sent it to PTR again and they sent it back with a 90 degree locking piece. With the new LP the bolt gap is now out of spec, but there are no FTE's and the buffer pad in my sb brace is no longer getting shredded to pieces. I think the function is more or less dialed in now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links