PTR 9CT -PTR 601 /SB brace problem - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PTR 9CT -PTR 601 /SB brace problem

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by syoung View Post
    Finally got back out to the range to shoot mine. Put factory trigger and endcap back on. Got about 6 rounds out a brand new HK mag before it jammed. It went downhill fast after that, Was getting a variety of jams every 1-2 rounds. double feed, failure to extract, failure to feed, stovepipe, and somehow empty brass getting jammed above the bolt. Guess I will be contacting PTR and sending it to them. I will say that the PTR endcap and buffer held up much better than the brace.
    I have the binary trigger also. It’s amazing how quick the Sb buffers gets destroyed. I also bought the hk parts LP and an RCM LP and neither fit. I’m gonna send it back to PTR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taybig88 View Post
    I also bought the hk parts LP and an RCM LP and neither fit. I’m gonna send it back to PTR.
    If the return is based solely on the fact that other manufacturers locking pieces won’t fit their proprietary bolt head....they may tell you to go pound sand....just sayin....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taybig88 View Post

I have the binary trigger also. It’s amazing how quick the Sb buffers gets destroyed.
    I run a binary and an SB brace on my PCS-9 reverse stretch & after several hundred rounds the blue buffer still looks almost new.This leads me to believe there may be other issues at play in your setup.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am curious as to what ptr says about the 80 degree locking piece as well. I too have the hk parts and rcm and they don’t fit. I would really like to run 147s suppressed without having to replace the bolt head.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crimedogs View Post
    I run a binary and an SB brace on my PCS-9 reverse stretch & after several hundred rounds the blue buffer still looks almost new.This leads me to believe there may be other issues at play in your setup.
    Ptr sent me an RMA label and asked me to include the locking piece with the gun. I’m hearing mixed reviews from people saying their buffers are fine and some get beat up. Could be an SB brace fitment issue. I’ll keep updating my progress here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by penguin4 View Post
    I am curious as to what ptr says about the 80 degree locking piece as well. I too have the hk parts and rcm and they don’t fit. I would really like to run 147s suppressed without having to replace the bolt head.

I’ll update this thread with progress. I want to form 1 and suppress this but so far I’ve been frustrated with the gun not functioning the way it should. Credit to PTR for outstanding CS so far. They’ve been accommodating. Hopefully it will all get worked out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure it will work out. Although I don't own any PTR firearms, I've heard nothing but good reviews on their CS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
    I'm sure it will work out. Although I don't own any PTR firearms, I've heard nothing but good reviews on their CS.
    Their CS has been tremendous throughout getting this working. Huge credit to them. I just hope there’s a fully functioning gun at the end of this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Never had anything that bad happen but ive always hated the fit on my sb braces, the pins always have to be tapped in and out with a hammer when i install them.. kind of defeats the purpose of having push pins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you received any updates from ptr regarding the locking piece?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links