PTR 9CT -PTR 601 /SB brace problem - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PTR 9CT -PTR 601 /SB brace problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JJIV View Post
    I hear ya. I read quite a few threads that talked about fitment issues with the SB brace and the mp5 clones, so I just took the file to it. I’ve been able to run it at the range without any issues. I’m curious to hear what they say when you speak to them.
    I will let you know on Monday since they are not answering at the moment. I did E-Mail them and perhaps I get a response before Monday but I doubt it. It's kinda funny that the SB webpage shows a better angle cut rather than a curve on their pictured brace so I am thinking that they perhaps changed something in their design. Question, Did you ream the holes on the Endcap of the brace or did you use a file while the Endcap was attached to the gun?PTR 9CT -PTR 601 /SB brace problem-sbt5a.jpg That is a picture from the SB webpage showing much better cut endcap than the one I have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Area52 View Post
    I have a problem with my PTR 9CT -PTR 601. It came with a SB Brace along with the end cap. I installed the SB brace and just like others posted, it was a chore getting the push pin to line up. However that is not my main problem. The problem I’m reporting is when I took it to the range I was able to fire one round before the bolt group went way back to the rear of the gun and stayed there. It came forward when I removed the back push pin. I tried it again same result. I tried firing it with the end cap instead of the brace and it appeared to work fine.

I took it to a gun shop where they replaced the spacer on the inside of the SB brace with a different size. I took it to the range to test it and found that with 115 gr ammo it work fine. I went to 124gr and the problem occurred again but this time not as extreme. I was able to get the bolt freed and come forward by just hitting the side of the gun with the palm of by hand. However I went back to 115 Gr and then back to 124 gr this time both types of ammo fired without incident. I also fired 147 GR without the problem occurring .

I cleaned and oiled the gun and took it to the range again and the same thing happened, 115 gr worked fine, 124 gr bolt frozen to the rear, back to 115 gr then 124 gr again and it appeared to work fine.

I was only using commercial loaded ammunition namely Federal and American Eagle, the gun was well lubricated and these events occurred with multiple magazines.

It appears that the gun doesn't like the SB brace.
    My question is; does anyone else have this issue if so what is the remedy?
    I had the same issue with the SBT5A brace I received from Grab a Gun. It didn't line up and I know why. It wasn't cut properly. The End Cap had more of a Curve cut into it rather than a 90 degree angle cut.
    That curve made hard contact against the trigger group where it comes to a point which in turn prevented the end cap to fully slide forward. That made the pin almost impossible to insert without some massive
    blows from a mini sledge hammer. Well, that didn't sound right to me so I contacted SB Tactical and they were aware of the issue and promptly sent me a new End Cap. I just received this End Cap today and
    Low and behold it was cut properly with the 90% angle and slid on and aligned perfectly. Not sure if the End Cap that came with the Brace from Grab A Gun was old stock or perhaps the wrong brace? Either
    way SB Tactical came through with flying colors and sent the new End Cap to me without any charge. Their Customer Support is Top Notch! I did attach a picture of the two end caps. The one on the left is
    the one I received with my brace and the one on the right is the one that SB Tactical sent me. Huge difference. So if you have an End cap that looks like the one on the left. Don't force the fit and just request
    a new one from SB Tactical. PTR 9CT -PTR 601 /SB brace problem-sb-tactical-endcaps-ptr9c.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I just ordered mine from Brownells, curious to see what I receive. Did it take long for you to receive that piece from SB-T?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowhead7 View Post
    I just ordered mine from Brownells, curious to see what I receive. Did it take long for you to receive that piece from SB-T?
    SB Tactical were Great! I sent them a picture showing where my trigger group made contact with the Endcap of the brace that Grab A Gun sent me and they sent me a new Endcap the same day. They shpped it on last Friday and it was delivered yesterday. So less than a week which I think is great especially right now with everything going on. I actually ordered the Sliding Brace from Gunprodeals.com they had a great price but they are about 15 days behind their shipping since they have been swamped. I just want to compare to see which brace I like better. Heard pros and cons about the Sliding brace. Just have to wait and see. Let me know which End Cap came with your folding brace.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thomassmith View Post
    SB Tactical were Great! I sent them a picture showing where my trigger group made contact with the Endcap of the brace that Grab A Gun sent me and they sent me a new Endcap the same day. They shipped it on last Friday and it was delivered yesterday. So less than a week which I think is great especially right now with everything going on.
    . So the one I received from Brownells was one that has the adapter piece rounded. I sent SB an email on Sunday and had a response first thing Monday. I then sent them pictures and my receipt of purchase and they shipped out the right piece at no charge the same day. I received it today and it is correct. I’m honestly surprised they didn’t want other piece back. I can tell some machining time went into that and I feel like it would be a simple machining operation to fix it. Overall excellent CS by SB Tactical

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder why there are so many of those rounded end caps out there when obviously the squared off one is the correct piece. Maybe the retailers still have some old stock since the SB tactical pictures of their brace have the proper squared off end cap.
    I am happy with the SB Tactical support team and them making it right at no cost to us. Glad it fits. Waiting for the Sliding Brace to see how it is. Hopefully it comes with the correct End Cap.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thomassmith View Post
    I wonder why there are so many of those rounded end caps out there when obviously the squared off one is the correct piece. Maybe the retailers still have some old stock since the SB tactical pictures of their brace have the proper squared off end cap.
    I am happy with the SB Tactical support team and them making it right at no cost to us. Glad it fits. Waiting for the Sliding Brace to see how it is. Hopefully it comes with the correct End Cap.
    The odd thing is the box clearly shows how it’s supposed to be front and back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowhead7 View Post
    The odd thing is the box clearly shows how it’s supposed to be front and back
    I wonder how many of those rounded off End Caps are floating around out there. And how many people don't even bother with getting in contact with SB Tactical which has the proper End Cap for your MP5 Clone.
    Perhaps the rounded edge end caps were a bad batch? Not sure but rather than hacking up the end cap and still not have it fit I rather have the right thing with no mess.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links