First Buy Zenith
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First Buy Zenith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default First Buy Zenith

Hi i'm thinking of buying a Zenith 5rs then doing the conversion then doing the sbr question how hard is the conversion i know the wait is about 9months from the atf

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gtuck View Post
    Hi i'm thinking of buying a Zenith 5rs then doing the conversion then doing the sbr question how hard is the conversion i know the wait is about 9months from the atf
    9 Months? eform is running as little as 11 days.
    login_local likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

"Conversion"?

One pin full size, two pins K.

Done.

eFile is definitely less than 30 days currently. More likely about 14 days.

YMMV.
    "Amat victoria curam"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gtuck View Post
    It’s really easy.. One push pin can remove the rear cap. Lots of different stock option for the Z-5RS.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- let us know what you acquire!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I would not say “definitely” less than 30 days. My first one was a month and a half, the second one a day or two over 30. The long one was trust, the short one individual. I know some guys get back in less than two weeks, but just because it happens to them, doesn’t mean it’s the same for everyone. Some guys took 2 months or more. Like anything with the ATF, it’s a bit of a crap shoot. The recent “average” time but the arf.com tracking thread seems to be right around 30 days, assuming you get your prints out a day or two after submitting. The only “definite” thing is that eFile is much, much shorter than paper.

For the conversion, the pistol endcaps attach exactly the same way as a stock using a pushpin. Simply replace the endcap with any MP5 stock when your F1 comes back. One thing to note is that since Zeniths are imported, you’ll need six 922r compliance parts too.
    Last edited by dwillHK; 05-11-2019 at 02:25 PM.
    Do you even HK, Bro?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    I would not say “definitely” less than 30 days. My first one was a month and a half, the second one a day or two over 30. The long one was trust, the short one individual. I know some guys get back in less than two weeks, but just because it happens to them, doesn’t mean it’s the same for everyone. Some guys took 2 months or more. Like anything with the ATF, it’s a bit of a crap shoot. The recent “average” time but the arf.com tracking thread seems to be right around 30 days, assuming you get your prints out a day or two after submitting. The only “definite” thing is that eFile is much, much shorter than paper.
    While my sample size doesn't make anything a rule, I've done 2 eFile form 1s (Trust) in the past 6m, one came back in 13d and the second in 18d.

YMMV.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
    While my sample size doesn't make anything a rule, I've done 2 eFile form 1s (Trust) in the past 6m, one came back in 13d and the second in 18d.

YMMV.
    And that’s fine for you, but you can look at the eForm 1 tracking thread over at arf and see it’s more of the exception than the rule, at least recently.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

My local state gun forum tracker has the last 2 coming in at 11 and 17 days. Trust and individual respectively. Just more data points.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

[sarcasm]Remember to stamp "Made in USA" on all key Turkish parts so that the gun will be 922r compliant.[/sarcasm]

Yeah, I know, there's the whole "that only applies to manufacturers... blah, blah, blah." but somebody was going to say it. And since it's my job, just thought it should be me.
    Last edited by retrodog; 05-11-2019 at 05:12 PM.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links