Tactical Skeleton TSP5K SP5K clone
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tactical Skeleton TSP5K SP5K clone

  1. #1
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    hkpsp's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2009
    Location : IL
    Posts : 481
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default Tactical Skeleton TSP5K SP5K clone

    Has anything noticed the Tactical Skeleton TSP5K? $2699 retail price is beyond rediculous in my opinion considering your can buy an actual HK SP5K for less.

    https://tacticalskeleton.com/product...tactical-brace

  2. #2
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Oct 2011
    Posts : 744
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Yeah, but the HK SP5K doesn't come with a brace. Nor a 3-lug barrel. Granted, you can throw a brace on a PTR 9kt and still be ahead of the game; but the PTR doesn't use original HK MP5 parts.

    So, I don't see the price as outrageous.

    But, as a general rule, I don't buy clones if there is an available real-deal HK offering.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

  3. #3
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Apr 2019
    Location : Oklahoma
    Posts : 19
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Yep...I agree 100%. That price tag is ridiculous...don't even get me started on those add-ons.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    hkpsp's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2009
    Location : IL
    Posts : 481
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    This uses 100% US parts according to their description.

  6. #5
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Oct 2011
    Posts : 744
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkpsp View Post
    This uses 100% US parts according to their description.
    Not the way I read it. "100% made in the USA using original HK MP5 parts and covered by our lifetime warranty"

    I take that as the receiver and probably the barrel, are US made - while the rest of the parts come from an MP5 parts kit. If thats the case, ballpark $2600 isn't a bad deal, IMO.
    I'd still rather have an HK marked SP5k for that bread, but if you're a suppressor nerd, the 3-lug might be worth it.

  7. #6
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Aug 2018
    Location : PA
    Posts : 182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Not the way I read it. "100% made in the USA using original HK MP5 parts and covered by our lifetime warranty"

    I take that as the receiver and probably the barrel, are US made - while the rest of the parts come from an MP5 parts kit. If thats the case, ballpark $2600 isn't a bad deal, IMO.
    I'd still rather have an HK marked SP5k for that bread, but if you're a suppressor nerd, the 3-lug might be worth it.
    Know nothing of the company and their reputation, but I agree. Compare the price to something like a PCS build, add the brace and case.

  8. #7
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Lumbergh's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2009
    Location : Pacific NW
    Posts : 966
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    "Lifetime Warranty" is only good as long as the company is around.

    Tried to get "lifetime warranty" service on your SW / Coharie or Bobcat lately?

    At that price, buy a DT or PCS, or a PTR full size for $1200 less.

    YMMV.
    "Amat victoria curam"

  9. #8
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    ccosby's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    Location : Virginia
    Posts : 487
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Yeah, but the HK SP5K doesn't come with a brace. Nor a 3-lug barrel. Granted, you can throw a brace on a PTR 9kt and still be ahead of the game; but the PTR doesn't use original HK MP5 parts.

    So, I don't see the price as outrageous.

    But, as a general rule, I don't buy clones if there is an available real-deal HK offering.
    The SP5K comes with an expensive upgrade that is the ambi lower though, a sight tool(the hk one is expensive but you have cheap third party ones that work fine). I'd be curious what parts on the guns are real hk ones vs what isn't. Guessing it has a modified sef lower conversion to semi but I wonder what else. The engraving on the side of the magwell doesn't look good either.

    Personally I don't know what you get with them over say a pcs gun that is cheaper or spending some extra money on a sp5k. Same with I'm not sure what you are getting over a DT gun or any of the other quality clones.

    The other question is if they are even making the gun or is someone doing it for them?

  10. #9
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    rickj1nd's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2011
    Posts : 1,221
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
    "Lifetime Warranty" is only good as long as the company is around.
    So true... Been burned by that one more than once!

  11. #10
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Apr 2009
    Location : Northern Virginia
    Posts : 192
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Zero reason to try out an expensive unknown company with all the options available now.
    omega21 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •