disappointing day
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: disappointing day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default disappointing day

Today was supposed to be the day I became an owner of my first roller delayed firearm. No, it wasn't an HK MP5, but I had ordered a PTR 9KT. I got tired of waiting for a MP5 at a decent price and decided to go with the PTR. An HK will always be number one, but with some of the recent changes to the MP5 (no threaded barrel, no magazine paddle, and now no easy way to install the paddle kit, plus several hundred dollars more money), I decided to give the PTR a try. Shipping was quick, the price was great, but at the last minute something happened that put a stop to my plans. I went to the FFL to pick it up earlier today, and when they put the gun case on the counter top at first it didn't register, but a few seconds later it hit me that the case was noticeable longer than I though it would be. I had seen the case the 9KT comes shipped in, but this one looked more rifle sized.

Opening it up I could see that somehow the gun shop had shipped a PTR 111 K3P in .308 pistol instead of the 9KT that I ordered. The packing slip clearly shows PTR 9KT pistol 9mm, but what was inside the case was definitely something different. So now I have to go through the trouble of contacting the gun shop (closed on Saturday) and arrange for a RMA to ship the pistol back to the gun shop and hopefully reorder the 9KT. This was supposed to be the last 9KT listed as in stock, so unless it was an inventory screw up, it looks like they are now out of stock and it might be a long wait to get a replacement.

I have to admit that the K3P looked well put together. All the welds were straight and looked great, the fit and finish was first rate, so I did get a first hand chance to check out PTR quality, but a .308 pistol I do not need. Sometimes the best laid plans just don't work out.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sorry to hear that. Those things happen. Soon enough, you will be sending rounds down range and brass flying. ....... That dang 'ol Murphy !!! Let us know how you like it when it comes in.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

That stinks. You should have kept the K3P to keep you company until you get the 9KT.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seems like someone would have caught that while logging out the serial number.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default disappointing day

Quote Originally Posted by Bigedge View Post
    Seems like someone would have caught that while logging out the serial number.
    Yeah. The number of FFLs that must go strictly by what’s marked on the box is terrifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HKSIGslinger likes this.
    01 / 03

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

At least you didn't take possession of it. The number of people who take firearms home without thoroughly inspecting them is also terrifying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As long as you didn’t signed the BATF background/transfer form 4473, your local FFL dealer can send it back and hopefully ship the correct firearm.

I always tell people to ALWAYS physically inspect the firearm before completing and signing the BATF form 4473.

Did you get your 9KT from Atlantic Firearms?
    Last edited by islandfocus2; 05-19-2019 at 03:08 AM.

PROUD ASA MEMBER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I hate to hear that! Happened to me once. Ordered a SIG 229 E2 in 9mm. What was delivered was a 226 E2 in .40! Lol. Hopefully you get squared away quickly.
    HK addict in constant search for a cure.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Sorry to hear about the mishap!!!

Tony

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

That's a bummer, but should be an easy remedy.
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
    You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good.
    Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy.
    Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

"If you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat" Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links