Lucky to get a Century Cetme Sporter 308?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lucky to get a Century Cetme Sporter 308?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Lucky to get a Century Cetme Sporter 308?

I was able to acquire a Century Arms Cetme Sporter barreled receiver with charging handle installed and a bolt carrier for almost free. Can I build this gun up with just a Cetme parts kit and the correct 922r parts? Anyone have a source for nice Cetme kits? Thanks all, -E
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lucky to get a Century Cetme Sporter 308?-img_0587.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unless your barrel installation and or bolt gap/cocking tube gap are fubar'd, I can't see you needing an entire kit. It probably would depend on what you want to spend for the FCG/trigger pack. You can either buy them as a complete assembly, or demil a CETME group from a kit. Add a buttstock assembly, and it looks like you're ready to go. As for the kits, Apex Gun Parts, SARCO, Century, among others come to mind as having kits for sale...in the $100-$150 range. I buit mine out of a SARCO kit, and have an Apex kit demilled and waiting to be built. They both looked pretty decent, once the wood was refinished and the metal re-coated.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Check your PMs, Horvath has you pretty covered though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Upon looking a bit closer at your pictures, one thing does seem to pop out at me, though...you might want to run a weld bead along the outside of the receiver, where the trunnion SHOULD be butting up against the receiver rails...it looks like that weld got omitted, which I have heard was sometimes done on the Century guns...just forward of and below the ejection port, and the same place on the left side...the receiver should be welded to the trunnion through that little window.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Good eye, is the trunnion and cocking tube actually welded in? I think they might just be tucked into place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, the trunnion and the cocking tube are both welded in. If the weld is of good quality, or the grinding of the weld after the fact is good, you won't really notice them, but I'm pretty sure your rear trunnion to frame rail weld is completely missing. Here is what my amateurish welds looked like before finishing and after...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lucky to get a Century Cetme Sporter 308?-20180909_091450_1558390338001.jpg   Lucky to get a Century Cetme Sporter 308?-20181027_141828_1558390463785.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you look just above the magwell area in my "before" picture where the receiver rail ends and meets the trunnion, you can see what the weld should look like...or rather, what the weld looks like after a beginning TIG welder finishes!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The "before " R/H side of the receiver...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lucky to get a Century Cetme Sporter 308?-20180909_181614_1558390808002.jpg  

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It does appear to be welded, just not all the way, or is this normal?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lucky to get a Century Cetme Sporter 308?-img_0590.jpg   Lucky to get a Century Cetme Sporter 308?-img_0591.jpg  

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Also I did get the PM, thanks, isn't there a post on how to convert a Cetme pack to semi auto, or is it just faster to get a hk91 pack with 922r parts in it already? Thanks all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links