Incorrect locking piece?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Incorrect locking piece?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I ordered the 28/80 LP from hkparts and it has different markings on it vs the website. When I tried to put it into the bolt head on my PTR 9KT the tapered end that slides inside the bolt head was too thick! I am now concerned that I either got the incorrect LP (I thought they didn’t make 28/80 for full-size) or that my PTR bolt head is wonky and out of spec. A pic of the LP below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Incorrect locking piece?-image_1559345333837.jpg  

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Are you able to re-assemble with the original LP? (my way of delicately asking if you are assembling correctly )

Is this genuine HK or RCM?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

@ecsuser Here’s the link to the part: https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5K...-144p18031.htm

I can reassemble my bolt and LP with the original LP that came with the assembly. The one I linked is simply too think. I’m confused about how that’s possible unless somethings out of spec

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

If it don't fit, it don't fit. It would be unusual, but I would lean toward the new LP being out of spec. Have you function checked your new PTR with the original?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ecsuser View Post
    Are you able to re-assemble with the original LP? (my way of delicately asking if you are assembling correctly )

Is this genuine HK or RCM?
    Doesn't look like any Hk German locking piece I have ever seen. The characters at the top of the pic are not on any locking piece I have for HK weapons.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HkCHUCK View Post
    Doesn't look like any Hk German locking piece I have ever seen. The characters at the top of the pic are not on any locking piece I have for HK weapons.
    For sure, I didn't know RCM was marking their product with HK style date codes though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If it don't fit, it don't fit. It would be unusual, but I would lean toward the new LP being out of spec. Have you function checked your new PTR with the original?
    Yeah I took it to the range and fired 150rds trouble free with the original LP. I’m currently trying to troubleshoot why I have roller marks and the blue buffer on my Sb brace keeps getting beat to death. I’ve used two blue buffers so far. After around 300rds the buffer is beaten into small fragments l. My bolt gap is in spec so I’m confused.

I have a suppressor and Form 1 on the way so i bought the 80* LP for suppressed fire with 147gr

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

If the bolt gap is in spec, the roller marks are probably due to running with the failed buffer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If the bolt gap is in spec, the roller marks are probably due to running with the failed buffer.
    Do you know if it’s normal for a buffer to get beat up that badly? I guess I could try and buy a thicker replacement since the blue ones that come with the Sb brace are pretty thin

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HkCHUCK View Post
    Per the ad, USA-made!!!

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links