POF MP-5 and CETME-L needs to be refinished... And in need of a little tweaking.

Thread: POF MP-5 and CETME-L needs to be refinished... And in need of a little tweaking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default POF MP-5 and CETME-L needs to be refinished... And in need of a little tweaking.

I have a POF MP-5 (SBR) and a newer CETME-L rifle that are in need of refinishing and minor tweaking.

The POF has the original factory "spray can" finish, so I would like to have it refinished in a more correct/durable Cerakoat HK black finish. I also looking to see if the magazine well can be "adjusted" to take out some of the minor wobble it currently has... I really like how the magazine locks up tight in my HK-94, SP-89 and my new SP-5K, so I would like my POF MP-5's magazine to lock up in the same manner.

As for the new CETME-L, which was returned once already, I would like some minor cosmetic repairs to the rear sight assembly. Its serviceable, but dinged up. The rear-sight's left side "protective ear" is noticeably bent inwards... It doesn't effect its function, but I'm at the point that a "pretty rifle is a happy rifle" to me. Plus, I'm more of a collector now. The dings on the left side of the rear sight assembly will also need to be filled in, smoothed out prior to being refinished... With a CeraKoat HK black finish as well. Yes, I know that the CETME-L was finished in green, but I like my "black rifles" to be black.

Also, the safety on the CETME-L is soooooo tight when in the safe position, it takes me to reposition the rifle where I can get non-firing thumb to push it down into the firing position... One of the reasons why I returned it in the first place was that the safety lever just so loose, it would "fall" into the firing position and slide down, way past the firing position when fired.

Once I'm done with the POF/MP-5 and CETME-L, I have a IMI Uzi Model B carbine (SBR) that I want "cleaned up" too.

Thanks for any information, which will helping me with these projects!!

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Matching hk finish in cerakote is a pain... it's not easy to
    Get the same consistent finish in the blacks. Back to back to back.

Hk duracoat is a lot easier to accomplish this and is more of a correct finish.

The only time I prefer dura to cera...

As far as the mag wobble... without seeing it, it could be as easy as swapping the mag catch with a factory hk catch.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Gunplumber is the best. He’s on all the forums. GARY.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

jfk
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Cerakote Elite Series Blackout. This color is impressive. This is one of their newer colors. It needs to be passed through a 325 mesh strainer.
    I sold my HK's and bought a whole bunch of Century C93s. The best rifles on the planet bar none. I love the C93 pistols with the 12 o' clock slot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies.

Does anybody know if TSC Machine will work on a CETME-L? I haven't reached out to ask yet, but his metal repairs looks good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

John Thomas at Retro Arms Works may be able to help with your CETME L...

http://www.retroarmsworks.com/

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Why not contact Malcomar directly? They built it, they would be the best to fix it.

DG
    I fix the radar you'all try to stay under...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Conelrad View Post
    Why not contact Malcomar directly? They built it, they would be the best to fix it.

DG
    I've sent it back to them once for a loose safety lever and issues with the magazine well. I'm sure that they can do something with the safety lever, but not the rear sight assembly... They don't warranty cosmetic issues, just mechanical. Time is a preciouses thing to me since my job keeps me more than busy and I simply want it corrected so I can move on to other projects.

Sponsored Links