Newest batch of Zenith Z-5RS's - Page 10
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Newest batch of Zenith Z-5RS's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hopefully I'll have data points to add to this discussion next week. I broke down and ordered a Zenith Z-5RS with the SB Brace today.
    islandfocus2 and shojus like this.
    HK45 LEM
    HK45c LEM
    P30L 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P30 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P30SK 9mm V4.1 LEM
    VP9
    P2000 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P2000sk 9mm LEM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimslow View Post
    Hopefully I'll have data points to add to this discussion next week. I broke down and ordered a Zenith Z-5RS with the SB Brace today.

Awesome! Congrats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asdfxyz View Post
    This makes me laugh, its totally not true at all. There was a bad batch that was recently sent to my local gun store that I used to work at. The firearms had mag play where the magazines would move around excessively, as also being regularly discussed on other forums and youtube. Their attempt in fixing the issue makes the matters worse (resulting in more mag play than before), returning it to you and claiming to have fixed the problem. This specific scenario has happened to our store, along with many others that are claiming the same thing.

A friend of mine that still works at that store decided to continue to shoot one of the Zeniths in that condition after Zenith claimed to have fixed the issue with mag play. A couple magazines were forcefully ejected, exploding into pieces.

They are refusing to make additional corrections to the Zenith Firearms that are still brand new, in the box because they claimed to have already fixed the issue. The local gun store is only one in many consumers that have similar or exact issues. For that reason, I do not believe that Zenith will make things right. THAT BEING SAID, there is a difference between normal mag play, and a few in which we received from Zenith.

I am a member here and I also check many Reddit threads and other forums that are associated with Zenith and MP5's in general. To say what I said makes you laugh and is totally not true, is blatantly false for almost every single repair I have read about! There has only been one person that I found that claimed to be extremely disappointed with their service dept, and he sold his after receiving it back the 1st time from Zenith. If you look at this thread, and MANY others, there is at least a 95% ratio of people being satisfied with their customer service and repairs performed, but there are a few people that can never be pleased no matter what... As far as magazines forcefully being ejected and "exploding into pieces", that is something that seems quite far fetched, but if it happened, I'd certainly think ANY company would fix the issues, including Zenith. I would suggest reaching out to Zenith on their Instagram or Facebook account, as they ALWAYS answer and I would love to see the discussion that you have over there so we can ALL be informed as to why they "refuse" to fix your issues. I agree that ANY issue that a firearm has, should be 100% rectified by the company selling the product, so I wish you well and please feel free to link me to any conversations you have with Zenith, as I would love to see them denying service to ANYONE with an issue with their firearm.
    gt40doc likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think it's funny how Zenith posting videos of the pistols passing QC check !!! And the quality actually SUCKS but they still send them out anyway LOL. So yeah i don't think they care about quality but only about cash flow. Sending pistols with out of specs mag wells or other problems. If it slides it slides some people do not have experience with these things and would not pay attention if the mag wobbles or the bolt is getting stuck on the magazine. The sad part is when people that knows that's not right and have to sent brand new gun that cost 2000$ for repairs that should have been taken cared of in the first place before they get shipped out to the dealers. And yea Zenith will most likely take care of your problems once you ship it back.I guess fixing all the out of spec pistols before they are sent out to the dealers would be too much to ask!!! So lets just take care of the people that found out and complain about it.
    Helodad likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rovertym View Post
    I think it's funny how Zenith posting videos of the pistols passing QC check !!! And the quality actually SUCKS but they still send them out anyway LOL. So yeah i don't think they care about quality but only about cash flow. Sending pistols with out of specs mag wells or other problems. If it slides it slides some people do not have experience with these things and would not pay attention if the mag wobbles or the bolt is getting stuck on the magazine. The sad part is when people that knows that's not right and have to sent brand new gun that cost 2000$ for repairs that should have been taken cared of in the first place before they get shipped out to the dealers. And yea Zenith will most likely take care of your problems once you ship it back.I guess fixing all the out of spec pistols before they are sent out to the dealers would be too much to ask!!! So lets just take care of the people that found out and complain about it.
    And yet people are tickled to get one...lol
    Evil Minds That Plot Destruction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rovertym View Post
    I agree, these should have never hit customers hands! I actually commented on a post of theirs on Instagram, when they were talking about all of the "QC" going on, and they assured me that it was a rarity and that if I did get a bad one that they would 100% fix everything wrong, which they did! But ya, should not have had to make it that far...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I asked my friend to screenshot the emails from Zenith on the "corrected" firearms and why they refuse to correct them any further, I should have it posted here within the next few days. I don't work there anymore so I wouldn't have access to the emails. You state that 95% of the customers are satisfied with Zenith's repairs and customer service, however, how many of these are in result of mag play due to seriously out of spec receivers as stated below? I'm solely speaking on Zenith firearms with the serious mag play issue. The mag play issue to that extent (magazine moving as little as 1 full inch or as much as 2 inches measured at the base of the magazine) (measured gap of 6.35mm between the magazine and receiver/inner side of the magazine well) is a rarity within itself, of which, I have not seen or heard of Zenith correcting for any consumers or dealers that received this batch of faulty firearms. Unfortunately, that is where Zenith's "cut off" is, so to speak. I've run into many threads concerning Zeniths with SMALLER mag play that were corrected, but again, we're talking 1" - 2" of play and a 6.35mm gap between the magazine here. So you get why the magazines are ejecting?

It isn't possible to correct this issue without hacking at the receiver because of the out of spec receiver, but why would you even try? Why not replace the receiver all-together at that point? This would normally warrant for a replacement, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I've spoken with Ken from TPM Outfitters who normally works on my firearms, he is trumped about QC on these guns that were delivered. Unfortunately, based on his words, correcting this issue would outweigh the cost. Hence why Zenith is giving the cold shoulder on this specific issue. Fixing an issue, and actually fixing it is one thing. Replacement is a whole different ballpark.

I have some videos and pictures, I'll post them with the emails once my friend gets back to me.
    Last edited by asdfxyz; 06-24-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That being said, the only Zenith I own is the Z5K. In comparison to my SP5K, it does have significantly more mag play, but it isn't enough to change the function of the firearm nor is it as severe as the batch that was received by my gun store when I worked there. Don't get me wrong, Zenith's customer service is pretty amazing, but only to an extent.

For obvious reasons, this is why I only own the Z5K. I was interested in the Z5RS, but only to the point I started having to deal with them regarding the bad batch as stated in my previous posts.
    Last edited by asdfxyz; 06-24-2019 at 02:42 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just pick my Z-5RS today, looks real good, broke it down to clean prior to going to the range. The finish is as good as my H&K’s. We will see if it holds up as well. I will give a report after going to the range. I will only utilize factory 124fmj for the first 2000 rds, if all is good I will go through the first 500 today.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Blk View Post
    And yet people are tickled to get one...lol

Unfortunately we were buying off their previous reputation. They probably just needed to get product out at all costs after over a year of dryness

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links