Newest batch of Zenith Z-5RS's - Page 11
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Newest batch of Zenith Z-5RS's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoi View Post
    Unfortunately we were buying off their previous reputation. They probably just needed to get product out at all costs after over a year of dryness
    EXACTLY! I don't think Zenith knew what they were getting these last two times, so I am expecting that things will be changing, because NO WAY in hell are they going to take a hit on all of these warranty returns without MKE making it right. If the next couple of batches are STILL not good quality, that that will be the end of the Zenith reputation that they are still holding onto. Mine was 100% fixed and functions perfectly now, so I am still "tickled" to have one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asdfxyz View Post
    I asked my friend to screenshot the emails from Zenith on the "corrected" firearms and why they refuse to correct them any further, I should have it posted here within the next few days. I don't work there anymore so I wouldn't have access to the emails. You state that 95% of the customers are satisfied with Zenith's repairs and customer service, however, how many of these are in result of mag play due to seriously out of spec receivers as stated below? I'm solely speaking on Zenith firearms with the serious mag play issue. The mag play issue to that extent (magazine moving as little as 1 full inch or as much as 2 inches measured at the base of the magazine) (measured gap of 6.35mm between the magazine and receiver/inner side of the magazine well) is a rarity within itself, of which, I have not seen or heard of Zenith correcting for any consumers or dealers that received this batch of faulty firearms. Unfortunately, that is where Zenith's "cut off" is, so to speak. I've run into many threads concerning Zeniths with SMALLER mag play that were corrected, but again, we're talking 1" - 2" of play and a 6.35mm gap between the magazine here. So you get why the magazines are ejecting?

It isn't possible to correct this issue without hacking at the receiver because of the out of spec receiver, but why would you even try? Why not replace the receiver all-together at that point? This would normally warrant for a replacement, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I've spoken with Ken from TPM Outfitters who normally works on my firearms, he is trumped about QC on these guns that were delivered. Unfortunately, based on his words, correcting this issue would outweigh the cost. Hence why Zenith is giving the cold shoulder on this specific issue. Fixing an issue, and actually fixing it is one thing. Replacement is a whole different ballpark.

I have some videos and pictures, I'll post them with the emails once my friend gets back to me.
    It's just hard to believe that Zenith won't fix an issue that is KNOWN to be out there. My magwell had a decent amount of play when I sent it in, and they corrected it to the point where it has next to NO play with the bolt open or closed, and it certainly did not require a replacement. Again, I would love to see issues like this posted to their social media accounts, because it's ALL eyes on them at that point, and I'm sure they would not be refusing repairs when all of their customers, or future customers are watching closely. Anyways, I am happy with the service I received and would recommend them just due to that fact, unless I see them blatantly rejecting warranty issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shojus View Post
    It's just hard to believe that Zenith won't fix an issue that is KNOWN to be out there. My magwell had a decent amount of play when I sent it in, and they corrected it to the point where it has next to NO play with the bolt open or closed, and it certainly did not require a replacement. Again, I would love to see issues like this posted to their social media accounts, because it's ALL eyes on them at that point, and I'm sure they would not be refusing repairs when all of their customers, or future customers are watching closely. Anyways, I am happy with the service I received and would recommend them just due to that fact, unless I see them blatantly rejecting warranty issues.
    Im honestly really glad to hear that Zenith is making things right for most. But yeah, my friend said he will forward the emails to me later today or tomorrow. Ill have that provided for you guys. Unfortunate really.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My Z5P does have a significant magazine wobble when the bolt is locked open. Even if I don't not have any problems with the functionality of the firearm, it does concern me about the significant magazine wobble. Bought mine in April of this year with the 2018 production date. I will be on vacation for most of July. I will contact Zenith with this issue in Aug.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
    My Z5P does have a significant magazine wobble when the bolt is locked open. Even if I don't not have any problems with the functionality of the firearm, it does concern me about the significant magazine wobble. Bought mine in April of this year with the 2018 production date. I will be on vacation for most of July. I will contact Zenith with this issue in Aug.
    I'd definitely suggest doing that, they made it rock solid for my Z-5RS!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Newest batch of Zenith Z-5RS's-receiver.jpg Newest batch of Zenith Z-5RS's-front-sight.jpg

Mine just got picked up by UPS, 5.5 hours late. They wouldn't accept the shipping label Zenith sent me yesterday, but everything seems squared away now. My Z-5RS functioned flawlessly for the past 1,000 rounds with a mix of FMJ and JHP and I'll be 100% satisfied if it looks as good as yours post-refinishing.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDannestDan View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Receiver.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	236178 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front Sight.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	236180

Mine just got picked up by UPS, 5.5 hours late. They wouldn't accept the shipping label Zenith sent me yesterday, but everything seems squared away now. My Z-5RS functioned flawlessly for the past 1,000 rounds with a mix of FMJ and JHP and I'll be 100% satisfied if it looks as good as yours post-refinishing.
    That first pic looks ridiculous. Shame on MKE for putting it on a boat and shame on Zenith for passing it on through distribution to a customer. And people thought there were problems with the ATI imports - pfffft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was able to pick up my Z-5RS from the dealer today. I haven't had time to do more than a basic field strip, and inspection. But so far, I have to say I'm very pleased with this gun. The finish is uniform in coverage and color, the mags have very little wobble with the bolt locket open, and zero with it closed. The bolt moves freely in the receiver, and is easy to remove. I don't see any of the rust color inside the receiver thats been reported.

The SB brace was tight, and required a rap with a mallet to get it seated. I'd relieve the inside of the brace, if I wasn't already working on the Form 1 to SBR it.

I just checked, the tri-lug is timed correctly.

I hope to shoot it next week, but so far I'm a happy camper.
    Last edited by nimslow; 06-28-2019 at 12:53 AM.
    HK45 LEM
    HK45c LEM
    P30L 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P30 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P30SK 9mm V4.1 LEM
    VP9
    P2000 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P2000sk 9mm LEM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimslow View Post
    I was able to pick up my Z-5RS from the dealer today. I haven't had time to do more than a basic field strip, and inspection. But so far, I have to say I'm very pleased with this gun. The finish is uniform in coverage and color, the mags have very little wobble with the bolt locket open, and zero with it closed. The bolt moves freely in the receiver, and is easy to remove. I don't see any of the rust color inside the receiver thats been reported.

The SB brace was tight, and required a rap with a mallet to get it seated. I'd relieve the inside of the brace, if I wasn't already working on the Form 1 to SBR it.

I just checked, the tri-lug is timed correctly.

I hope to shoot it next week, but so far I'm a happy camper.
    Good news. I felt confident about my purchase until I saw this thread. My Z-5RS should be at my LGS next week. Looks like I need to check the finish and mag wobble.
    Last edited by Perdition; 06-28-2019 at 05:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDannestDan View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Receiver.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	236178 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front Sight.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	236180

I'm sure they will do the same thing they did with mine, it will get a full reparkerize and repaint. Hopefully they do you right! Thanks 4 posting!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links