Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Newest batch of Zenith Z-5RS's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rellascout View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy556 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badmanners21 View Post
    I have small paint chipping but other than that not a single issue
    How bad is your paint chip? Mine has some on the mag well. Should I send this back in 2nd batch Z5RS
    To me it looks like poor metal prep so the finish did not adhere properly. Call them on Monday and see what they say.
    Sending in for sure over 2gs purchased on 6/22/19 after reviewing pics from 1st day of ownership issue was present just never noticed it. I’d expect more. They will make it right I’m sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonius View Post
    How bad is your paint chip? Mine has some on the mag well. Should I send this back in 2nd batch Z5RS
    I would. On a brand new gun for that price point that is unacceptable.
    Sending in for sure Over 2gs. purchased on 6/22/19 after reviewing pics from 1st day of ownership issue was present just never noticed it. I’d expect more. They will make it right I’m sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rellascout View Post
    I think that it shows that the gun left the factory within spec and with proper QC. No parts had to be replaced once the gun was stateside. I don't think it matters much but I think that is why people are posting this. In the end because of the QC issues people are now going over these guns with a fine tooth comb looking for anything and everything that could be wrong with it. I can understand doing that because $1700-$2000 isnt a ton of money but it is not a small amount either to pay for a pistol. That said we are all buying these because we do not want to pony up for a real HK or a US made clone from someone like Dakota Tactical that is putting the work in upfront to avoid these issues. It is a $$ to value ratio decision we are all making. If I were using this gun to kick in doors I would have gotten a DT but since I am just ambushing paper and steel targets I went with clones but did so with my eyes wide open.

I recently picked up a 2016 Z-5P and then a 2nd 2019 batch Z5Rs and both run 100%. They both look great. Solid welds, no mag wobble and shoot 100% with MKE and KCI 2nd Gen mags. The Z5RS however is going back. The cocking tube end cap came off and when I was putting it back on I noticed that there is a spacer in there. I thought that it was odd so I inspected it further. It is threaded and I removed it. Once I did I notice that the cocking tube is touching the triple frame. This and the spacer do not allow the barrel to free float as it should. I contacted Zenith and have a return shipping label and will be sending the gun in after the holiday weekend. Here is a pic of the issue. They told me they will not have to cut or replacing of the tube. They claim they can take care of it with a set of mandrels. Ideally I would love it to be perfectly centered like the Z-5P but as long as they can get it off the triple tower I am good. Will update when it returns.

Does this effect accuracy?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sending in for sure Over 2gs. purchased on 6/22/19 after reviewing pics from 1st day of ownership issue was present just never noticed it. I’d expect more. They will make it right I’m sure.
    Zenith seems to be a doing a great job at fixing any issues. I just pulled the trigger and ordered a Z-5RS. WAY better than the factory 2nds POFs that came in with a joke of a warranty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At longer distances I believe it will. I have only shot it 25 yards and in so far. Will test it a bit more over the holiday weekend and then send it in an compare when I get it back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Got the tropical forearm and SBT brace installed. Is it pretty common to require a soft mallet and some love taps to get the brace seated? Doesn't seem like I'm field stripping it by hand without a punch anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JSchell1309 View Post
    Got the tropical forearm and SBT brace installed. Is it pretty common to require a soft mallet and some love taps to get the brace seated? Doesn't seem like I'm field stripping it by hand without a punch anymore.

Mine is exactly the same way.
    HK45 LEM
    HK45c LEM
    P30L 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P30 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P30SK 9mm V4.1 LEM
    VP9
    P2000 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P2000sk 9mm LEM

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JSchell1309 View Post
    Sadly, yes. It’s the brace, not the gun.
    Do you even HK, Bro?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimslow View Post
    Mine is exactly the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation. I hit the inside of the aluminum adapter with scotch brite to try to knock down any high spots. Greased it up and tapped it down. Worst case, just takes some taps to remove when I eventually EForm 1 this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    Not sure why everyone always claims its the fault of the brace. Aren't they easier to mass produce? Like I have numerous braces and multiple clones...most of the same braces fit on the same clones and then not on others.

Like if 3 braces fit fine on 3 guns and then those same 3 won't fit on one specific clone, wouldn't it be the clone?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Sponsored Links