Newest batch of Zenith Z-5RS's - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Newest batch of Zenith Z-5RS's

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoi View Post
    Not sure why everyone always claims its the fault of the brace. Aren't they easier to mass produce? Like I have numerous braces and multiple clones...most of the same braces fit on the same clones and then not on others.

Like if 3 braces fit fine on 3 guns and then those same 3 won't fit on one specific clone, wouldn't it be the clone?
    Well, there’s the fact that factory HK A2 and A3 stocks fit fine on my Zenith Z-5RS, while the SBT brace needed the pin hammered in and out. Based on that data point, one can conclude that the Zenith receiver is in-spec, but the brace adapter is not. A number of people have reported the same.
    Do you even HK, Bro?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A bit of time/filing to the push pin hole in the brace, and you will not need a hammer and punch to remove the pin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gt40doc View Post
    A bit of time/filing to the push pin hole in the brace, and you will not need a hammer and punch to remove the pin.
    If my eform 1 takes much longer than a month, I'll start messing with the brace to get it fitting better. Once the form 1 comes back, the brace is history, at least on my gun.
    gt40doc likes this.
    HK45 LEM
    HK45c LEM
    P30L 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P30 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P30SK 9mm V4.1 LEM
    VP9
    P2000 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P2000sk 9mm LEM

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    Well, there’s the fact that factory HK A2 and A3 stocks fit fine on my Zenith Z-5RS, while the SBT brace needed the pin hammered in and out. Based on that data point, one can conclude that the Zenith receiver is in-spec, but the brace adapter is not. A number of people have reported the same.
    This. My Z5RS fits my German H&K F stock fine, pin pops in and out easy with my fingers.

I don't own or run braces, just SBRs so can't tell you about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Newest batch of Zenith Z-5RS's-receiver.jpg Newest batch of Zenith Z-5RS's-front-sight.jpg

Just got back home with my refinished Z-5RS. Decided to drive to Zenith and pick it up in person, since I wanted to visit the Shenandoah National Park anyway. UPS picked it up from me 1 week ago today.

The difference in finish is night and day. They re-parkerized the muzzle but didn't duracoat, just like on shojus' gun, which will be appreciated when I get a suppressor. They also adjusted my magazine well to the point where there is barely any movement, bolt open or closed, even though I noted that the previous wobble did not cause any malfunctions. Oddly enough, my SBT5A brace also no longer requires a rubber mallet to install/remove, while still feeling completely solidly mounted. The Zenith hat and patch were a nice addition, too.

All in all, I can say I'm now 100% satisfied with my purchase and would not hesitate to recommend Zenith-imported MKE guns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let me chime in on this as I just got my Zenith Z-5RS and seems like it is a 2019 batch as per the serial number. So here goes:

I went to an indoor range to shoot it for the first time and have a feel for it.

Range only has 20 yards maximum and shot it on top of a table with bags. Initial 5 shots was 2-3 inches to the right so windage adjustment was needed. By following L(ow)- L(eft) - C(lockwise), I got my screwdriver and turned the windage clockwise.

After some shots and adjustments, I ended up maxing out the windage but my shots are still an inch to the right.

This is my first mp5 (clone) but not new to rifles (AR’s, bolt action or even a Scar 17s) at all. I had the range master try to shoot it to and had same results. So I might be able to say that it is not user error as I also adjusted my aim to the left of my target and it hit the bulls-eye.

Pictures of rear sight added below:

I’ve shard/asked on a facebook page about this and I was pointed to this thread. I was told that some 2019 batch also had some reports of canted sights which I want to confirm here and also ask on how should i fix this or contact Zenith about it.

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newest batch of Zenith Z-5RS's-6be8af27-6e55-4b49-8547-261ccac386de_1562226712840.jpeg Newest batch of Zenith Z-5RS's-018ae847-6908-4d74-a934-7ea0cdf226a2_1562226720782.jpeg
    Last edited by captjay08; 07-04-2019 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Added pictures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDannestDan View Post
    Click image for larger version.†

Name:	Receiver.jpg†
Views:	119†
Size:	4.96 MB†
ID:	236700 Click image for larger version.†

Name:	Front Sight.jpg†
Views:	100†
Size:	1.52 MB†
ID:	236702

Just got back home with my refinished Z-5RS. Decided to drive to Zenith and pick it up in person, since I wanted to visit the Shenandoah National Park anyway. UPS picked it up from me 1 week ago today.

The difference in finish is night and day. They re-parkerized the muzzle but didn't duracoat, just like on shojus' gun, which will be appreciated when I get a suppressor. They also adjusted my magazine well to the point where there is barely any movement, bolt open or closed, even though I noted that the previous wobble did not cause any malfunctions. Oddly enough, my SBT5A brace also no longer requires a rubber mallet to install/remove, while still feeling completely solidly mounted. The Zenith hat and patch were a nice addition, too.

All in all, I can say I'm now 100% satisfied with my purchase and would not hesitate to recommend Zenith-imported MKE guns.
    I knew they'd fix you right up! It was worth it to send it in huh? I also told them that I didn't have an issue with the magwell as much as I did the paint, but they did a GREAT job making sure everything left their facility in pristine condition! Have fun with your shiny Z-5RS!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shojus View Post
    I knew they'd fix you right up! It was worth it to send it in huh? I also told them that I didn't have an issue with the magwell as much as I did the paint, but they did a GREAT job making sure everything left their facility in pristine condition! Have fun with your shiny Z-5RS!
    Absolutely. Thanks for the push!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ipsilateral View Post
    I love the idea of the ACP9 but wonder how the system runs compared to the mp5. Iíve shot evo and have ar variants in 9mm and just donít find the direct blow back nearly as much fun to shoot as the h&k. Reason Iím looking is Iíd love a SD pcc and are thinking long term have parabellum build a rcm mp5sd or get a acp9sd. Too many options. For now Iíll just wait for my can to get out of jail for the zeniths I have.
    I find the APC9 to be equally smooth/soft shooting as the MP5, while also having updated ergos, easier optic mounting, and a bolt hold open. With that said, itís not either or, itís buy both. An MP5 is a must.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsurowitz View Post
    I find the APC9 to be equally smooth/soft shooting as the MP5, while also having updated ergos, easier optic mounting, and a bolt hold open. With that said, it’s not either or, it’s buy both. An MP5 is a must.
    Yes sir ! :)

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Sponsored Links