Newest batch of Zenith Z-5RS's - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Newest batch of Zenith Z-5RS's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just to chime in, I bought one of the March 2019 batch Zeniths. I have a 18 in my serial. Zero finish issues or function problems. Gun looks and runs great. Going to pick up a Z5-P when the next batch comes in.
    shojus and gt40doc like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gt40doc View Post
    My recent Z5RS purchase is also a "19" gun( 2nd batch). I looked it over pretty well when I received it and broke it down for a good cleaning and lube before hitting the range. The paint on the bolt carrier, that is seen through the ejection port, was not done as well, as it could have been done. The problem was the lower area was not fully painted. It took me a few minutes to correct it, and I was o.k. with it. Two(2) other very small spots were found, and corrected, also. To date I have put 300 rounds of Winchester 124gr FMJ NATO ammo through it with ZERO problems!! I have tried it with MKE, HK, POF, ATI, and ETS mags, and it likes them all. I am a "happy camper", but can understand how other guns may not be as nice as mine.....perhaps I just lucked out. I would/will purchase another Zenith/MKE firearm in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by AMill08 View Post
    Just to chime in, I bought one of the March 2019 batch Zeniths. I have a 18 in my serial. Zero finish issues or function problems. Gun looks and runs great. Going to pick up a Z5-P when the next batch comes in.
    Awesome to hear, so glad you both received good samples! I'm sure there are plenty of great examples out there, and I am happy to report that it did function great, just needs some TLC as far as the coating is concerned. The bolt that shows through the ejection port was definitely not a worry of mine, but I just thought I'd post a pic of it just for reference. I just want the entire firearm painted the same so that it holds up fine over the next several years, and I don't think that's asking too much. Anyways, have fun with your newest additions!
    gt40doc likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, I did this when the site was back up at 6pm tonight. They responded back within 15 minutes that they updated the forms with the correct serial.
    SO glad that you got that corrected! Usually anything dealing with the government is a huge pain in the ass, so I'm sure it's refreshing to know that part is taken care of! Hope you get it back soon, and make sure to post pics! :)
    AMill08 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yep, I did this when the site was back up at 6pm tonight. They responded back within 15 minutes that they updated the forms with the correct serial.
    That’s great news! You can now have that sigh of relief. I got both my Z5RS and Z5P approved last week. I submitted both on April 29, got approved on May 28 and May 29. Both are within 30 days.
    shojus and AMill08 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shojus View Post
    SO glad that you got that corrected! Usually anything dealing with the government is a huge pain in the ass, so I'm sure it's refreshing to know that part is taken care of! Hope you get it back soon, and make sure to post pics! :)
    So far the "ask the experts" feature has been surprisingly helpful. They were able to give me much more info when I was waiting on my last efile form 1 and always responded quickly which is the exact opposite of any other government agency I've ever dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
    That’s great news! You can now have that sigh of relief. I got both my Z5RS and Z5P approved last week. I submitted both on April 29, got approved on May 28 and May 29. Both are within 30 days.
    I definitely did. That's good news on your time frame. How soon after you submitted your form did they receive your prints? My first efile was submitted on 3/3 and there was some hold up with the shop so my prints didn't get there until 3/15. I was approved 4/27. I ordered my prints from SS for the next few eforms I do so I didn't have to go through the ink process again or deal with any delays with mailing. I submitted on 5/28 and they received my prints on 5/31. Hopefully I have my stamp for the first week of July.

Which stocks did you go with on your Zeniths?
    shojus likes this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I definitely did. That's good news on your time frame. How soon after you submitted your form did they receive your prints? My first efile was submitted on 3/3 and there was some hold up with the shop so my prints didn't get there until 3/15. I was approved 4/27. I ordered my prints from SS for the next few eforms I do so I didn't have to go through the ink process again or deal with any delays with mailing. I submitted on 5/28 and they received my prints on 5/31. Hopefully I have my stamp for the first week of July.

Which stocks did you go with on your Zeniths?
    My prints was received within 3 days after submitting. I used USPS Priority w/ Returned Receipt so that I'd know who signed for it.

As for the stock I'm using, I have 3 different stock options for the Z-5RS. A3, A3 type F with 4 positions LOP and the B&T side folder. I like to change it up every once in awhile. PLUS, I do plan to get an OMEGA or POF reverse stretch in the future so having 3 different stocks would help. Currently, I have the A3 stock on my Z-5RS.

As for the Z-5P, I replaced the SB brace to the B&T stock. The Z-5RS also came with the SB brace set up, so bought 2ea B&T stocks at the same time for both the Z-5RS and Z-5P. The B&T stock (IMO) is a lot more comfortable to the cheek compared to the A3 stock.
    Last edited by islandfocus2; 06-06-2019 at 03:15 PM.
    AMill08 and shojus like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My prints was received within 3 days after submitting. I used USPS Priority w/ Returned Receipt so that I'd know who signed for it.

As for the stock I'm using, I have 3 different stock options for the Z-5RS. A3, A3 type F with 4 positions LOP and the B&T side folder. I like to change it up every once in awhile. PLUS, I do plan to get an OMEGA or POF reverse stretch in the future so having 3 different stocks would help. Currently, I have the A3 stock on my Z-5RS.

As for the Z-5P, I replaced the SB brace to the B&T stock. The Z-5RS also came with the SB brace set up, so bought 2ea B&T stocks at the same time for both the Z-5RS and Z-5P. The B&T stock (IMO) is a lot more comfortable to the cheek compared to the A3 stock.
    Nice. I have the A2 on my PTR and have a A3 F as well. Thinking of getting the B&T to swap between them as it looks better than than the A2, but should offer the same comfort.

SoCalRich

Who ever painted it wasn't the problem. Looks like your typical chemical reaction to foam resting against it. This of all the vibration against the paint during its travel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What mount are you using on that? MFI HK Low Profile is what I think you said in the past. Does it lock up well on your 2 guns?
    Last edited by rellascout; 06-06-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalRich View Post
    Who ever painted it wasn't the problem. Looks like your typical chemical reaction to foam resting against it. This of all the vibration against the paint during its travel.
    That's interesting! But why would they ship them like that if there was a known chemical reaction to foam? Seems to me that they have been doing this long enough to know if there was problems with foam and the paint they are using. Also, all of them are put into cases that directly sit against foam, so all they would have to do is place them in plastic bags if that truly was the issue.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links