Newest batch of Zenith Z-5RS's - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 149
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Newest batch of Zenith Z-5RS's

  1. #51
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Aug 2017
    Posts : 103
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Everyone ignores my threads so I'll piggyback on this one.

    In addition to my Z-5RS having an optics recoil lug that's welded noticeably off-center, the receiver in the rear is so tight as to make the gun effectively a single-shot bolt action pistol. I fired 150 rounds of S&B 124 gr ammo today. Of those 150 rounds, maybe 20% actually had a casing eject out of the receiver. The rest ended up behind the ejector, behind the hammer, in front of the hammer, behind the bolt, smashed into the trunnion, and many, many other unique and interesting places within the gun. Additionally, despite loading mags to 5 rounds each for testing for the entirety of the 150 round test period, there were perhaps 10 instances of the gun making it through 3+ rounds before jamming and requiring clearing by removing the magazine or field stripping the gun. The vast majority required field stripping.

    The likely culprit is the aforementioned receiver end; when I did an initial lubrication of the BCG it required significant force to remove from the receiver and had to be lightly tapped back into the gun using a gunsmith's hammer.

    I'm beyond pissed off. I waited a year for this gun to get to me, paid nearly $2,000 for it, and now I have what is essentially a single-shot bolt-action, break-action 9mm pistol disguised as an MP5.

  2. #52
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Apr 2019
    Posts : 46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funkeruski View Post
    More likely to pick up chicks at the range with an MP5 than you are with a B&T. Just something to keep in mind.
    Lmao - Definitely looks the part!

    Quote Originally Posted by chunkyhenry View Post
    That's one way of saying it but, yes, to me part of the appeal of the Z5 over other PCCs is the aesthetic and history of the MP5. Even its role in cinema comes to mind.

    To chime into the purpose of the thread I just shot a friend's Z5RS and another friend's Z5P. Both from the most recent batch. Looked for issues and there was minor wobble with bolt open, none closed, no reliability issues, no can't and no bolt hang on mag. Finish on all parts was excellent, no scratches, staining or unevenness.

    I'm actually thankful that this thread stayed on topic and that there are MANY reports of very good guns out there too. I'm sure most of them are fine, but some of us just got the Friday guns unfortunately, and I am anxiously awaiting mine to come back from Zenith! I will definitely report back...

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaptor View Post
    Everyone ignores my threads so I'll piggyback on this one.

    In addition to my Z-5RS having an optics recoil lug that's welded noticeably off-center, the receiver in the rear is so tight as to make the gun effectively a single-shot bolt action pistol. I fired 150 rounds of S&B 124 gr ammo today. Of those 150 rounds, maybe 20% actually had a casing eject out of the receiver. The rest ended up behind the ejector, behind the hammer, in front of the hammer, behind the bolt, smashed into the trunnion, and many, many other unique and interesting places within the gun. Additionally, despite loading mags to 5 rounds each for testing for the entirety of the 150 round test period, there were perhaps 10 instances of the gun making it through 3+ rounds before jamming and requiring clearing by removing the magazine or field stripping the gun. The vast majority required field stripping.

    The likely culprit is the aforementioned receiver end; when I did an initial lubrication of the BCG it required significant force to remove from the receiver and had to be lightly tapped back into the gun using a gunsmith's hammer.

    I'm beyond pissed off. I waited a year for this gun to get to me, paid nearly $2,000 for it, and now I have what is essentially a single-shot bolt-action, break-action 9mm pistol disguised as an MP5.

    Well, you have a reason to be upset! I will say that Zenith handled MY situation very well, but still a HUGE pain in the ass to get home with that HUGE smile, only for it to turn into the face of a person that just got screwed over. Like I said, I didn't see the defects mine had because of the lighting I was in at my local FFL, but I would not have accepted it like that, had I been able to fully see the screwed up paint job. Most people don't find out their dream guns are crap until they get home and start to break it down. Sounds like you will be talking to Zenith as well, and I am truly sorry for your experience, as I know first hand what it feels like to spend $2k and get something that looks like crap. Let us know how it all goes for you...

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    JohnnyBoi's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2018
    Posts : 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shojus View Post
    Come on man! Be reasonable here, I understand it's NOT a damn HK collectible, but if people just take what's given to us after paying good money, than manufacturer's will just assume we will accept **** quality. I can take some scratches and some dings, but when 1/3 of the gun is not even coated with the same paint, I'm not just gonna act like I bought a used gun. It's people like you that let the quality of imports fall because your expectations are piss poor. Forums are for all kinds of information, and when people show examples that are not up to snuff, the manufacturer will start to recognize and that in turn will make quality control better for everyone. But I guess I should just shut up and take whatever $1700 will get me huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post
    If the gun runs I'd be thrilled, paint it myself and call it good. Life is too short and it's only a clone. Not my money though. To each their own.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Lol.

    ..

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #54
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Nov 2018
    Posts : 31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaptor View Post
    Everyone ignores my threads so I'll piggyback on this one.

    In addition to my Z-5RS having an optics recoil lug that's welded noticeably off-center, the receiver in the rear is so tight as to make the gun effectively a single-shot bolt action pistol. I fired 150 rounds of S&B 124 gr ammo today. Of those 150 rounds, maybe 20% actually had a casing eject out of the receiver. The rest ended up behind the ejector, behind the hammer, in front of the hammer, behind the bolt, smashed into the trunnion, and many, many other unique and interesting places within the gun. Additionally, despite loading mags to 5 rounds each for testing for the entirety of the 150 round test period, there were perhaps 10 instances of the gun making it through 3+ rounds before jamming and requiring clearing by removing the magazine or field stripping the gun. The vast majority required field stripping.

    The likely culprit is the aforementioned receiver end; when I did an initial lubrication of the BCG it required significant force to remove from the receiver and had to be lightly tapped back into the gun using a gunsmith's hammer.

    I'm beyond pissed off. I waited a year for this gun to get to me, paid nearly $2,000 for it, and now I have what is essentially a single-shot bolt-action, break-action 9mm pistol disguised as an MP5.
    I saw your post but i didn't really have anything to say about the issue as i never really run optics on my guns. That really does suck though, like a lot of people in here i also waited over a year and spent 2k to get my hands on one so if i got to the range and it was that messed up I'd be pretty upset as well. I'll be looking forward to seeing what Zenith does for you about it.

    Personally i haven't really had any issues with mine so far, apart from the SB brace i ordered with it wasn't up to snuff. It was so damn tight fitting that you couldnt even call it a push-pin anymore as each time i had to disassemble it the stock pin had to be removed with a mallet and punch. Once i replaced the brace with something more preferable the pin functions as intended. Already put about 800-1000 rounds through it with no malfunctions and all the welds look great. I guess i just got lucky.

  6. #55
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Apr 2019
    Posts : 48
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funkeruski View Post
    More likely to pick up chicks at the range with an MP5 than you are with a B&T. Just something to keep in mind.
    Not true either. Chicks dig SCARS. 😉

  7. #56
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Nov 2017
    Location : Washington State
    Posts : 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freeride1 View Post
    I still prefer shooting a roller lock to a buffered B&T. I doubt anything will ever eclipse the roller lock design in terms of shootability. Simplicity, ergonomics, cost, and long term reliability without maintenance sure but when I'm pulling the trigger nothing feels like an MP5.

    Not that the recoil on the B&T is bad, but the MP5 is just Cloud 9 smooth.
    I totally agree. My APC9 was a total disappoint for me and regret buying it. Fit/finish is excellent on it though but it now just sits in the back of the safe. My MP5's, MPX's and CMMG Banshee shoot so smoothly that shooting straight blowblack guns isn't really fun anymore.

  8. #57
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Apr 2019
    Posts : 46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    So I just got an update from Zenith on the status of my repairs. See below:


    "I’m sorry that you had to send in a brand new gun, but I can assure you that all of the issues you cited will be fully addressed before it is shipped back to you. In this situation, a replacement is unnecessary. After adjusting your firearm’s magazine well and test firing it, our Custom Shop painter has blasted, parkerized, and completely repainted your firearm with DuraCoat’s HK Black SL paint, which is a higher quality paint than the factory is able to use when painting these guns in a volume setting. We do our best to expedite all of our repairs for our customers, and we should be finished with your firearm shortly. We understand that nobody wants to send in a brand new gun immediately after spending a lot of money on it.

    Once your firearm’s repairs are concluded, you will receive an email from UPS with your tracking information. An adult signature will be required on the delivery date. If you’re unable to be home for the delivery, you can request for UPS to hold the firearm at your local hub for pick-up. A copy of the repair log will be included with the package as well."




    I am happy that they sent me an update and it sounds like it should be heading my way soon. I honestly didn't think they were going to totally repark and duracoat the entire gun, but I'm not sure what the process typically entails. Anyways, I am very happy that they took care of me quickly, and will give my final thoughts when I get it back, as well as adding pics showing how they did. They seem like a great group of people to deal with!

  9. #58
    Member
    islandfocus2's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2019
    Location : Bellingham, WA
    Posts : 84
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shojus View Post
    I am happy that they sent me an update and it sounds like it should be heading my way soon. I honestly didn't think they were going to totally repark and duracoat the entire gun, but I'm not sure what the process typically entails. Anyways, I am very happy that they took care of me quickly, and will give my final thoughts when I get it back, as well as adding pics showing how they did. They seem like a great group of people to deal with!
    That is AWESOME news! Please post a video showing that Zenith adjusted the magazine well.. I'm curious to see how much magazine movement your Z-5RS has after Zenith made the adjustment on the magazine well. My Z5P does have mag wobble when the bolt is hold open. I'm thinking mine needs adjustment as well.

    Thanks!

    Art-

  10. #59
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Apr 2019
    Posts : 46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
    That is AWESOME news! Please post a video showing that Zenith adjusted the magazine well.. I'm curious to see how much magazine movement your Z-5RS has after Zenith made the adjustment on the magazine well. My Z5P does have mag wobble when the bolt is hold open. I'm thinking mine needs adjustment as well.

    Thanks!

    Art-
    Sure thing!

  11. #60
    Senior Member
    gt40doc's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2018
    Posts : 154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Sounds to me like Zenith is very serious about having great customer support, and happy customers......hard to fuss about that!!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Tags for this Thread