Ptr9ct reliability
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ptr9ct reliability

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ptr9ct reliability

Tonight my PTR reached a thousand rounds without cleaning. I normally maintain my firearms with impeccable cleanliness, but in this case I just wanted to see how it would do under adverse conditions. I would stake my bacon on this pistol/carbine. No failures to feed, no failures to extract, it goes bang every time. different brands of magazines and different types of ammo. Thanks PTR.
    gt40doc likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just got one so that’s great news

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I've experienced the same with both the CT and KT.

Great shooters, excellent build quality and have them both stamped.

YMMV.
    "Amat victoria curam"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've got about 2500 rounds through my 9kt, which only had a bore snake run through it after about 200ish . Most of the rounds were shot suppressed. I have looked inside the lower and it does look filthy , but still goes bang. Overall , I'm satisfied with it. I might change out the locking piece since I mostly run it suppressed and now it has a B&T folder. I have already installed the HK extractor , HK ejector and extractor spring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you replace those components with HK parts out of necessity or just because you wanted to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I put a romeo5 red dot on mine and it's almost boring to shoot, you superimpose the red Dot on the target, squeeze the trigger and that's where the shot goes. I can run a plate rack with some amazing speed. Faster than I ever could with iron sights.
    denisegold likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walruskid74 View Post
    Did you replace those components with HK parts out of necessity or just because you wanted to?
    Mostly because I wanted to but there were a couple FTE during break-in (first 200rds)
    Haven't been any since.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
    I've experienced the same with both the CT and KT.

Great shooters, excellent build quality and have them both stamped.

YMMV.
    Lucky.... my 9Kt has been a problem child. It’s now back to PTR for the second time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigmonster View Post
    I've got about 2500 rounds through my 9kt, which only had a bore snake run through it after about 200ish . Most of the rounds were shot suppressed. I have looked inside the lower and it does look filthy , but still goes bang. Overall , I'm satisfied with it. I might change out the locking piece since I mostly run it suppressed and now it has a B&T folder. I have already installed the HK extractor , HK ejector and extractor spring.
    Im curious about 80* locking piece fitment when you order it. I tried two manufacturers and neither fit my bolt head

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taybig88 View Post

Im curious about 80* locking piece fitment when you order it. I tried two manufacturers and neither fit my bolt head
    I dont see that PTR sells an 80 deg . LP on their website for parts.I beleve they make their own bolts & LP’s in house? Apparently those bolts are out of spec to the point that other known LP ‘s wont fit.You could ask ptr about an 80 LP but they might tell you running it suppressed will void the warranty?If that is the case you might want to get an RCM bolt with their 80 LP .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links