POF 5 Pistols back in Action - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: POF 5 Pistols back in Action

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Atlantic, are these "blems?" Or are they "regular" POF pistols?
    The POF line of roller lock pistols has always been cosmetically deficient when compared to other offerings . POF builds these for military contracts and much like AK47 rifles are not 100% perfect but run just fine and are $300 -$400 less than the competition . POF & Fedarm decided to label the gun for what they are a Field Grade firearm . Not a trophy piece with Krypotnite infused paint and every part installed to exacting detail . The item is covered by a functional warranty and guaranteed to run as covered in the item listing . The POF 5 pistol is a shooter that is affordably priced & you would pay $1300.00 just for a parts kit to try to build a gun at home or $1600 -$2000.00 for other similar operating systems . It may not be for everybody and it simply another Option in the roller lock market and Option are a good thing .
    HKSIGslinger likes this.
    Atlantic Firearms.com
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just bought the POF 5PK this morning. :-)

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My reverse stretch shipped today. I want a full size too.....discount for buying both ;).

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

One more roller lock than I think I’m good to go with the MP5 variants.

So far, I have the Z5RS and the Z5P both SBR’d. Thanks to Atlantic Firearms, I’ll soon have the POF 5KP hopefully by the end of the week. To complete my MP5 collection, I’ll save up next for the real “K” pistol, the SP5K :-)

PROUD ASA MEMBER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms.com View Post
    The POF line of roller lock pistols has always been cosmetically deficient when compared to other offerings . POF builds these for military contracts and much like AK47 rifles are not 100% perfect but run just fine and are $300 -$400 less than the competition . POF & Fedarm decided to label the gun for what they are a Field Grade firearm . Not a trophy piece with Krypotnite infused paint and every part installed to exacting detail . The item is covered by a functional warranty and guaranteed to run as covered in the item listing . The POF 5 pistol is a shooter that is affordably priced & you would pay $1300.00 just for a parts kit to try to build a gun at home or $1600 -$2000.00 for other similar operating systems . It may not be for everybody and it simply another Option in the roller lock market and Option are a good thing .
    Much respect for having the balls to say what needed to be said. Consumer expectations are often times unrealistic for these military/field grade roller locks & others of the type. Again, you get a lot of respect from me for the honesty. More companies should follow suit. These are not CNC machined firearms and no matter who builds them you will not get that kind of quality but somehow consumers, especially new folks to the platform expect that for whatever reason.
    Last edited by HKSIGslinger; 06-18-2019 at 03:23 PM.
    HK addict in constant search for a cure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They used to sell ones with canted sights and cocking tubes as POF Mp5 kits and ones with cosmetic flaws as blems. Looks like they lumped them and the non blemished/canted into one and raised the price. Personally don`t mind a little bad paint here and there but canted sights or tubes is a little turnoff. Almost as if they are throwing the baby out with the bathwater with the field grade description.

I am holding off on one for right now. Not a fan of a crap-shoot; especially at that price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonius View Post
    They used to sell ones with canted sights and cocking tubes as POF Mp5 kits and ones with cosmetic flaws as blems. Looks like they lumped them and the non blemished/canted into one and raised the price. Personally don`t mind a little bad paint here and there but canted sights or tubes is a little turnoff. Almost as if they are throwing the baby out with the bathwater with the field grade description.

I am holding off on one for right now. Not a fan of a crap-shoot; especially at that price.

Canted sights wouldn't be covered under the one year warranty?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tricolor View Post
    Canted sights wouldn't be covered under the one year warranty?
    Nope:

Functional Warranty The POF Field Grade pistol is covered by a one year Functional warranty to the original owner. The warranty covers defects in materials & workmanship only. It does not cover shipping, finish, alteration, centering of cocking tube , clocking of three lug , slight cant of front sight , lack maintenance, neglect, abuse, excessive use, normal wear & tear, cosmetic issues or reloaded or defective ammunition or any other situation beyond control.

If that isn`t a defect in workmanship I don`t know what is. But the warranty say it does not cover centering of the cocking tube, canted sight or clocking of three lug. Meh, for the price I expected just a little more I guess. Reading that warranty you could get a Mp5 with no paint and it wouldn`t be covered. Kinda funny
    Last edited by Plutonius; 06-19-2019 at 12:35 AM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonius View Post
    Nope:

Functional Warranty The POF Field Grade pistol is covered by a one year Functional warranty to the original owner. The warranty covers defects in materials & workmanship only. It does not cover shipping, finish, alteration, centering of cocking tube , clocking of three lug , slight cant of front sight , lack maintenance, neglect, abuse, excessive use, normal wear & tear, cosmetic issues or reloaded or defective ammunition or any other situation beyond control.

If that isn`t a defect in workmanship I don`t know what is. But the warranty say it does not cover centering of the cocking tube, canted sight or clocking of three lug. Meh, for the price I expected just a little more I guess. Reading that warranty you could get a Mp5 with no paint and it wouldn`t be covered. Kinda funny
    Agreed. I'm glad that I saw these after they had already sold out.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Second time I have noticed someone say that they are sold out. Each time I clicked the links in post one and was able to add 3 of each to my cart.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links