POF 5 Pistols back in Action - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: POF 5 Pistols back in Action

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

bUBBA, we did mention in the item listings on our site in the notes that you will want to make sure you have thoroughly cleaned the flutes and chamber as a few we tested had malfunctions like and needs to be cleaned .Check that out first .

The pistols may have a protective film on the chamber and it is suggested to clean the flutes and barrel before firing. Quality ball ammo is suggested for use in the roller locks pistols lower powered loads like Winchester White box or some Hollow point Ammo may not function.
    Atlantic Firearms.com
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms.com View Post
    bUBBA, we did mention in the item listings on our site in the notes that you will want to make sure you have thoroughly cleaned the flutes and chamber as a few we tested had malfunctions like and needs to be cleaned .Check that out first .
    Can’t fix stupid but you can fix cosmoline in flutes. I cleaned best I could and saw a big difference. I’ll get home and do a better job and my guess is it will be fine now. Thanks for the help.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

We had one pistol that we cleaned twice before it would run correctly , Try also using the POF cleaning kit with a little solvent we really had to scrub the flutes. This being said it was only on a few guns the others ran with out being cleaned . Please keep us posted on this !!
    Last edited by Atlantic Firearms.com; 06-23-2019 at 01:05 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post
    Can’t fix stupid but you can fix cosmoline in flutes. I cleaned best I could and saw a big difference. I’ll get home and do a better job and my guess is it will be fine now. Thanks for the help.
    We had one pistol that we cleaned twice before it would run correctly , Try also using the POF leaning kit with a little solvent we really had to scrub the flutes. This being said it was only on a few guns the others ran with out being cleaned . Please keep us posted on this !!
    Well, that is good to know! My 5PK arrives this Tuesday. I'll make sure that I clean it thoroughly before taking it to the range. Thanks!

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am pretty sure that is my problem. I was half ass able to clean it and it made a significant difference. I’ll report back after I shoot again.

This gun needs a stock.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I saw somebody mention on another site that Numerich has some POF collapsing stocks for 185.00 !!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I saw somebody mention on another site that Numerich has some POF collapsing stocks for 185.00 !!
    $185.75 for the “older” collapsible stock with the straight buttpad not the traditional angled buttpad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

those stocks are garbage! insane amount of wobble when extended.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgs4 View Post
    those stocks are garbage! insane amount of wobble when extended.
    He’s right. Do NOT buy they are terrible
    Qualified HK Sear
    PCS mp5k
    PCS 53
    PCS 33k
    Omega mp5
    Omega SD-k
    Black Ops Defense mp5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, thank you Atlantic Firearms for bringing back the POF reverse stretch!

Picked up my POF 5PK pistol yesterday afternoon. I was actually surprised because I was expecting for the paint finish to be blemished and scratched up. But, it's not. The paint finish is actually pretty nice..

As always, I preformed a thorough inspection before starting the BATF Form 4473. The only discrepancy that I found during my inspection, is a little rust between the FSB and barrel. Which of course can easily be removed with a wire brush or sand paper then paint or blue. No big deal.

The firearm didn't come with a original POF box. Which I thought it usually does as I've seen during unboxing videos.

I also noticed the model that is stamped on the firearm is not "5PK." It's "SMGPK" with the production date of 2018. Maybe the older POF's reverse stretch models are 5PK?

Here are some of the photos that I took yesterday. I'll be taking her out to the range today after I get off work to see how she runs. I'll report back after I test fire her.

Here's the plain brown box that the POF "SMGPK" pistol came in. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have an actual POF box.

Cleaning kit, Sling, Owners Manual and one POF 30rd Mag.

As I mentioned, I was expecting the firearm to have uneven paint finish (blems) and some scratches. But as you can see, the paint finish is pretty nice. Yayee!!

Here's the rust along the FSB and barrel that I mentioned. I'm not worry about it.. It can easily be removed with a wire brush or sand paper.

Model POF "SMGPK" 18 stamped on top.

Got some extra's to add. SB folding Brace from my Zenith Z5RS, Hand Guard from Zenith Z5P and HK trigger housing that I purchased from "Gatewood Supply Co."

I had to trim the inside of the SB Folding Brace to fit.

I had to trim the front end of the HK trigger housing for it to be inserted in through sear block. Pretty easy to do with a dremel. What's cool about the POF trigger pack is that once you switch housing, it does go to the happy switch.. BUT, it does not function. It's mainly only for show. :-)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links