POF 5 Pistols back in Action - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: POF 5 Pistols back in Action

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, thank you Atlantic Firearms for bringing back the POF reverse stretch!

Picked up my POF 5PK pistol yesterday afternoon. I was actually surprised because I was expecting for the paint finish to be blemished and scratched up. But, it's not. The paint finish is actually pretty nice..

As always, I preformed a thorough inspection before starting the BATF Form 4473. The only discrepancy that I found during my inspection, is a little rust between the FSB and barrel. Which of course can easily be removed with a wire brush or sand paper then paint or blue. No big deal.

The firearm didn't come with a original POF box. Which I thought it usually does as I've seen during unboxing videos.

I also noticed the model that is stamped on the firearm is not "5PK." It's "SMGPK" with the production date of 2018. Maybe the older POF's reverse stretch models are 5PK?

Here are some of the photos that I took yesterday. I'll be taking her out to the range today after I get off work to see how she runs. I'll report back after I test fire her.

Here's the plain brown box that the POF "SMGPK" pistol came in. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have an actual POF box.

Cleaning kit, Sling, Owners Manual and one POF 30rd Mag.

As I mentioned, I was expecting the firearm to have uneven paint finish (blems) and some scratches. But as you can see, the paint finish is pretty nice. Yayee!!

Here's the rust along the FSB and barrel that I mentioned. I'm not worry about it.. It can easily be removed with a wire brush or sand paper.

Model POF "SMGPK" 18 stamped on top.

Got some extra's to add. SB folding Brace from my Zenith Z5RS, Hand Guard from Zenith Z5P and HK trigger housing that I purchased from "Gatewood Supply Co."

I had to trim the inside of the SB Folding Brace to fit.

I had to trim the front end of the HK trigger housing for it to be inserted in through sear block. Pretty easy to do with a dremel. What's cool about the POF trigger pack is that once you switch housing, it does go to the happy switch.. BUT, it does not function. It's mainly only for show. :-)

Certainly looks nice no doubt. I just am not keen to play the roulette wheel in terms of blemishes and canted sights. What happens when someone gets one with scratches everywhere and badly canted sights? I am about sold on just getting a Zenith since their warranty is night and day and they have shown to fix guns that have cosmetic blems from the factory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i got to handle a couple of POFs yesterday (my buddy is refinishing a couple for Atlantic) and i gota say im impressed, i currently own a PTR9CT but i think im going to save up for the reverse stretch, its a nice piece https://imgur.com/a/fhzo04B
    NOW I HAVE A MACHINEGUN

HO-HO-HO

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Took it out today. A noticeable change in ejection it is stronger now. I did have a couple malfunctions so I cleaned it again. After that the gun ran 150-200 rounds without malfunctioning. I fired cheap 9mm, my weak reloads and HP ammo and it fed fine. I feel pretty good that it’s good to go now. Fiiled form 1 today. Now I need to decide on a stock. Thanks again Atlantic.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms.com View Post
    We had one pistol that we cleaned twice before it would run correctly , Try also using the POF cleaning kit with a little solvent we really had to scrub the flutes. This being said it was only on a few guns the others ran with out being cleaned . Please keep us posted on this !!
    denisegold likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, thank you Atlantic Firearms for bringing back the POF reverse stretch!

Picked up my POF 5PK pistol yesterday afternoon. I was actually surprised because I was expecting for the paint finish to be blemished and scratched up. But, it's not. The paint finish is actually pretty nice..

As always, I preformed a thorough inspection before starting the BATF Form 4473. The only discrepancy that I found during my inspection, is a little rust between the FSB and barrel. Which of course can easily be removed with a wire brush or sand paper then paint or blue. No big deal.

The firearm didn't come with a original POF box. Which I thought it usually does as I've seen during unboxing videos.

I also noticed the model that is stamped on the firearm is not "5PK." It's "SMGPK" with the production date of 2018. Maybe the older POF's reverse stretch models are 5PK?

Here are some of the photos that I took yesterday. I'll be taking her out to the range today after I get off work to see how she runs. I'll report back after I test fire her.

Here's the plain brown box that the POF "SMGPK" pistol came in. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have an actual POF box.

Cleaning kit, Sling, Owners Manual and one POF 30rd Mag.

As I mentioned, I was expecting the firearm to have uneven paint finish (blems) and some scratches. But as you can see, the paint finish is pretty nice. Yayee!!

Here's the rust along the FSB and barrel that I mentioned. I'm not worry about it.. It can easily be removed with a wire brush or sand paper.

Model POF "SMGPK" 18 stamped on top.

Got some extra's to add. SB folding Brace from my Zenith Z5RS, Hand Guard from Zenith Z5P and HK trigger housing that I purchased from "Gatewood Supply Co."

I had to trim the inside of the SB Folding Brace to fit.

I had to trim the front end of the HK trigger housing for it to be inserted in through sear block. Pretty easy to do with a dremel. What's cool about the POF trigger pack is that once you switch housing, it does go to the happy switch.. BUT, it does not function. It's mainly only for show. :-)

Damn that is one fine looking clone there! Love the metal lower. Wish PTR-9's came with a metal lower. Those photos make me want to get a metal lower even more now. Also love the non contoured SEF housing with the pictogram on it instead of "SEF" Shame that HK couldn't have made those with a pictogram instead of the expensive ambi housing that cost alot more and have fewer low priced parts floating around in the US. I guess I will just have to dish out the almost 400USD's to get a full ambi trigger group since I noticed they are out of the one you have pictured on there over at Gatewood which said those were a custom job and I am sure when all is said and done it would just cost just as much for someone to repaint a non contoured SEF lower to look like that and might look non factory if they don't do it right. Thanks again for showing us the beautiful pics man!

"Yippy Kiyay Motherfu**er!" John Mcclane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just a suggestion, based on the two POF MP-5's that I owned before moving on to other clones...zero your gun on the big aperture. Then, rotate through your different diopter sizes and fire a few rounds on each size. If the rear sight is welded on straight, the point of impact will not move. If not, the gun will string the shots diagonally, either high left to low right or high right to low left, as you dial through them. Both my POF guns had that issue because the rear sight was welded on crooked. If you only shoot one size diopter all the time (I almost always use the large aperture) then this doesn't matter one bit because once you zero the gun on that aperture it should stay zeroed. But if you are someone who likes to use the smaller holes for longer ranges, then you are going to want to make sure the sights are straight and the POA/POI is the same for all the different sized apertures. Both of mine ran flawlessly and didn't have paint issues, it was just the little nagging thought that I couldn't use the smaller diopters without changing POA/POI. I hope this helps.

Stonewall 06

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

UPDATE on my POF SMGPK pistol that I purchased back in JUNE. (SEE POST 50)

I had to send my POF SMGPK pistol to FEDARM’s due to the defective trigger pack that’s been slam firing (shooting burst). Rather than FEDARM’s sending me a replacement trigger pack to replace defective trigger pack, FEDARM’s requested that I send the whole pistol. I’m guessing for liability reasons.

I received a FedEx shipping label from FEDARM’s 4 days after talking to Martin Millican (FEDARM’s service manager) via phone about the issue, this was back in JUNE.

A week and half later after FEDARM’s received my SMGPK pistol. I got an email from Martin informing that FEDARM’s will be replacing the pistol due to the slam fire issue. I responded that I have no issue for FEDARM’s sending me a replacement. BUT, since I will be on vacation visiting family in GUAM for most of July, I requested for FEDARM’s not to send the replacement SMGPK pistol till after Aug 4, 2019.

Aug 5, 2019- I got an email from Martin informing that FEDARM’s is currently OOS of the SMGPK pistols and that they don’t expect the next shipment of POF’s till sometime in mid to late Oct. Martin apologized for the inconvenience and will try to track one and assured me that I will get my replacement.

Aug 12, 2019 - Martin cc’d me on an email to Atlantic Firearms asking if Atlantic can assist with a replacement SMGPK pistol.

Aug 13, 2019 - Got a FedEx tracking number from Atlantic Firearms for the replacement SMGPK pistol.

Aug 20, 2019 - The replacement SMGPK pistol arrived at my local FFL.

Aug 23, 2019 - Picked up my replacement POF SMGPK pistol from the local FFL. Fit and finish is a lot nicer compared to my previous one. Welds are nice all around and I don’t see any rust between the barrel and FSB. My previous SMGPK pistol had rust all around the barrel and FSB (which I cleaned up and blued after).

I also took the POF SMGPK to the range that afternoon to test her out and to zero her out as well.

Like both my Z5RS and Z5P, I figured that 30 yards is a good distance to zero the SMGPK.

First shot was DEAD CENTER at 30 yards. I was quit happy that I don’t have to a adjust the rear sights to get her zero’d in. Looks like that whomever test fired the SMGPK pistol at the POF factory zero’d the pistol. Thank you!

Got really nice groupings with the first 10 rounds at 30 yards.

I installed the NAVY lower because it feels nicer (IMO) and it also looks cool! No, I’m not going to sell the original metal lower. I’m keeping it.

Shot 150 total rounds using Tula 9mm 115 grain FMJ. Only had one failure, failure to eject. I figure that the casing hit the edge of the port and bounced back causing the casing to jam between the front of the bolt carrier and barrel. I figured that it is still in it’s breaking in stage so i’m not worried about it.

Shout out to Martin of FEDARM’s for his great communication and outstanding customer service assuring me that I’ll be taken care off.

Also, thank you Atlantic Firearms. Thank you for working with FEDARM’s and providing the replacement POF SMGPK pistol.

Now, it’s time to submit the eForm 1!
    Last edited by islandfocus2; 08-25-2019 at 06:10 AM.
    gt40doc likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Took the SMGPK and shot another 250 rounds yesterday with positive results. Just submitted the eForm 1 this morning and mailed the finger prints cards via USPS Priority Certified/Return receipt. Yayee!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links