T36 advice

Thread: T36 advice

win
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default T36 advice

What groups do you guys get out of your T36c rifles?
    Would you suggest the longer barrel?
    What about installing a sl8 barrel? I was thinking the sl8 because it's chrome lined.
    Is that really a big deal?
    win
    P7M8
    VP9
    USP45
    USP9 X2
    P2000
    P30 X2
    USP 45 TACTICAL--stolen--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i dont have any experience with t36c rifles but i do know that chrome lined barrels are usually less accurate than nitride/chf/stainless, so if accuracy is what you are after i would use a high quality barrel that isn't chrome lined.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by h22man View Post
    i dont have any experience with t36c rifles but i do know that chrome lined barrels are usually less accurate than nitride/chf/stainless, so if accuracy is what you are after i would use a high quality barrel that isn't chrome lined.
    All things being equal, you might be right - but I had very nice groups out of the 2 SL8's I had - sub-MOA. That heavy profile works wonders for the 5.56.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My C, K, & E barrels have all been very accurate with Black Hills ammo. Iron sights have been pretty consistent at 2 inches @ 25 yards, with some 5 shot groups being much better. When I had the Elcan on the K, I was getting 1-1.5 MOA @ 100 yards. They all have been very accurate for not being precision rifles, and with a "not so great" trigger. Granted, that is with German barrels and not the US barrels, I have no experience with those.

If you want to keep your barrel over the 16.5 length, I would get an E or CQB barrel before an SL8 barrel, unless you are willing to send off the SL8 barrel to be re-profiled to make an MG36 barrel or 16.5 "CQB like" barrel. (an actual CQB barrel will need a muzzle device pinned and welded to meet legal requirements)

If you get a German barrel, the chrome lining is a non-issue since HK barrels are VERY well made.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I get about 0.5 inch at 25 yards with my T36k with an aimpoint micro.

With iron sights it doesn’t come close to that. The rear sight on the T36 is too large to allow for the firearm to perform at its capabilities. Based on my own findings and on the reports of several others: if you want accuracy you need to put an optic on it.

I dished out the cash for an aimpoint micro for the rifle and couldn’t be happier. Amazed at how accurate it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by h22man View Post
    All things being equal, you might be right - but I had very nice groups out of the 2 SL8's I had - sub-MOA. That heavy profile works wonders for the 5.56.
    Sure, there are always variations but generally non chrome lined barrels tend to be less accurate. There is a reason why precision guns aren't chrome lined. A good chrome line barrel like the sl8 im sure is still pretty accurate, I wouldn't know since I've never shot one however it would be hard pressed for me to believe a heavy chrome lined barrel no matter who makes it can toe with a quality heavy stainless, especially in upwards of 300+yards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cqb barrel is 15.4 inches. Still will need yo pin a device to get over 16 inches
    Kevin

Sponsored Links