Need Input is this normal?

Thread: Need Input is this normal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Need Input is this normal?

Should any part of the bolt group contact the magazine? Hopefully you can see in the video what is going on. Without magazine bolt moves freely. With magazine in Bolt hangs up on the magazine. When I release magazine, bolt goes forward. If I try the HK slap it won’t feed a round, I have to pull the cocking handle all the way back. I am New to roller lock so I am not sure if this is how it strips a round or not? I am sure its not a brake in issue. It is over the recommended count or a magazine issue I could show you all 6 of my mags in the video doing the same thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No it's not normal.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Who is the manufacturer?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Have seen this happen with several clone magazines for example we had a happened on a couple of the kci's. Also the bolt should be slapped forward. not slowly but hand. I would see if there's any marks on the top side of the magazine lips.
    Ghilliebear
    Us Army (Ret) INFANTRY.
    I AM MY COUNTRY'S STRENGTH
    IN WAR!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

918-696-8715
    918-781-3939
    Class 2 SOT
    ITAR M37434

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Contacted The Manufacturer representative. The magazine is seated too high. The magazines are the same as the firearm. I cant use HK slap and be confident the bolt will go all the way forward. I had 4 Failure to feed so I stopped trying the slap. I was slowing the movement down to show that it will not seat. My Original question was should the bolt contact the magazine in any way? My research confirmed that it should not.
    Last edited by Helodad; 06-20-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No. There should be no contact. I've seen magazines that would rub on the bottom bolt face a bit, due to the lips not being pressed down enough. But that is just on the lips, where anyone should take care using a new mag and look for contact, so you can press them back down in place. That isn't normally enough to keep the bolt from reaching battery though. Never seen one that bad. Just watched your vid. Check the feed lips. Just push them down a bit and see if that corrects it.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I would definitely contact the manufacturer. The mag should not go past a certain point due to the contact in front of the magazine to the trunnion.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Both of my PTRs rub and wear the top of non-HK mags (HK mags have a slight bevel at the very top of the lips). Still, I've never seen it to where it hangs up the bolt like yours does.

Sponsored Links