Which is the best MP5 Clone - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Which is the best MP5 Clone

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rellascout View Post
    I disagree with the analogy. People buy a fake Rolex to trick people into thinking they can afford the real thing. Buying a MP5 clone isn't the same. You are not trying to pass off the clone as the original. You are looking at a value ratio. For the cost of 1 "real" thing I can have a Z-5P and a Z5-RS. When i am ringing steel all day long at 50 and 100 yards who cares what rollmark is on the gun.
    +1

Just about all of the current clones on the market, except for those on the fringe will get the job done reliably.

DT - PTR - PCS - Zenith - POF all make good guns that run and have warranty support.

Certainly you will pay more for the top of line products from HK (SP5K) or DT.

But saying that anything but HK is unsat is ridiculous. Many manufacturers these days have the roller locked system working fine.

The vast majority of AR owners are not rolling Colt or FN guns. While AR building is far easier and more prevalent, its a similar analogy.

Guns are tools.

HK is fine to collect, but most people would rather put the miles on a clone.

(And there is a world of difference in a Folex from Shanghai than a real Swiss Rolex)

YMMV.
    HKaltwasser likes this.
    "Amat victoria curam"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What if the "clone" is made under licence from HK on HK tools is not an HK? other than it's Name?

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HALO51 View Post
    I agree with AGG. I personally don't care for clones. If I can't have the real thing I don't want it.... Zenith and other's are wannabe"s...

If I can't have the real thing I don't want it. Like wearing a fake Rolex.
    Real = quality--- if we are referring to "MP5K's", then SP89's are relatively inexpensive now!!!

I disagree with the analogy. People buy a fake Rolex to trick people into thinking they can afford the real thing. Buying a MP5 clone isn't the same. You are not trying to pass off the clone as the original. You are looking at a value ratio. For the cost of 1 "real" thing I can have a Z-5P and a Z5-RS. When i am ringing steel all day long at 50 and 100 yards who cares what rollmark is on the gun.
    Ringing steel all day with an "MP5K" gets boring--- now doing it with a rifle at 300M+ is much more enjoyable--- but to each, his own!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helodad View Post
    What if the "clone" is made under licence from HK on HK tools is not an HK? other than it's Name?
    Unless it is CETME (actually a precursor), EBO, or FMP (I realize that none have an "MP5K" on the market) is doing the manufacturing, then I will pass--- call me a purist!!!
    On the other hand, if funds are limited, or a lot of shooting will be done, then perhaps one of the lesser expensive clones would work.

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Real = quality--- if we are referring to "MP5K's", then SP89's are relatively inexpensive now!!!

Ringing steel all day with an "MP5K" gets boring--- now doing it with a rifle at 300M+ is much more enjoyable--- but to each, his own!!!

Tony
    I am only referring to what I am doing with my MP5 clones. I have pistols that will hit steel at 200 yards off hand but I it really doesn't have anything to do with this discussion does it? There are tons of reason to buy an MP5 clone. If you want to only buy "real" ones that is cool. I feel the same way about Browning Hi Powers. I am really only interested in FN/Browning guns but I understand that others see valve in clones. I don't consider my subjective personal preferences to be universal objective truths. Clearly YMMV
    hkshooterusp and gt40doc like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I am only referring to what I am doing with my MP5 clones. I have pistols that will hit steel at 200 yards off hand but I it really doesn't have anything to do with this discussion does it? There are tons of reason to buy an MP5 clone. If you want to only buy "real" ones that is cool. I feel the same way about Browning Hi Powers. I am really only interested in FN/Browning guns but I understand that others see valve in clones. I don't consider my subjective personal preferences to be universal objective truths. Clearly YMMV
    Well put.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    So you are saying you can't find an SP5K for less than $3800?

That is the current cost ofa Z-5P and a Z-5RS. So that is just not true. Granted that HK SP5K aren't currently available in most shops, but they ARE available if you are persistent and keep looking. Sign up at several locations that say they are 'getting in' SP5K. Eventually will will get a call or email or text telling you the SP5K has finally come in.

That how I did it. Patience can reap rewards.

And as of right now, there are 'outages' for numerous MP5 clones. They come and go. You have similar issues. All of these pistols are very desirable and once purchased the owners just don't let go of them.
    Yes you could get one for less than the cost of 2 I own but I in order for the SP5k to be the gun I want it to be I would have to put more $$ into it. I have no desire to own the SP5k in its factory configuration. So for me it was never on the want list. I understand that other people like the configuration but its not for me. I was able to get what I wanted by buying the clones I have. For me they were the better choice. The cost to get a real HK in a Z-5P configuration would have cost me more than $3,800 from what I understand. I could be wrong as I am far from a MP5 expert. In fact II would say I am a noob on this platform. So if I am wrong tell show me the numbers. I have seen SP5ks go for $2500 recently.
    Last edited by rellascout; 06-29-2019 at 09:35 PM.
    Rickys2 likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

For a K gun I'd go with a sp5k and in the future when you can afford it do a b&t barrel swap if you want a 3 lug on it. If it was full sized I'd say dakota tactical but you can do a sp5k with the mods for the price of the DT clone and I think the sp5k would be the smarter option there.

On the cheaper side I'd look at someone like PCS who is on here. They can do a K gun with american parts that should end up working well and be more affordable. You can also have them built it the way you want it. You want an ambi lower instead of a sef? They can do that. You want it a different color? Same thing.
    rellascout likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    For a K gun I'd go with a sp5k and in the future when you can afford it do a b&t barrel swap if you want a 3 lug on it. If it was full sized I'd say dakota tactical but you can do a sp5k with the mods for the price of the DT clone and I think the sp5k would be the smarter option there.

On the cheaper side I'd look at someone like PCS who is on here. They can do a K gun with american parts that should end up working well and be more affordable. You can also have them built it the way you want it. You want an ambi lower instead of a sef? They can do that. You want it a different color? Same thing.
    What is the total cost of a SP5k plus the B&T barrel swap, paddle mag release and other popular modifications installed by someone who knows what they are doing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a HK 94 and a clone. The 94 gets used, but its more of a safe queen just because of current value. The clone lives with my sear pack and I have tons for ammo ran thru the clone and no hiccup's. Zenith makes a good product.

Pick one up ASAP before the SH!t hits the fan in Turkey. Good Luck

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links