Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Which is the best MP5 Clone

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by N4KVE View Post
    The PTR would be a clone. So would any TB gun, under the gun of the month name he chose to use. DT guns would also be clones. Any HK copy not authorized by HK is a clone. Any copy authorized by HK is a contract gun because it’s made with HK’s blessings. GARY.
    Gotcha--- I concur with your technical definition, but there would be intersectional commonalities on the Venn diagram!!!
    But they are all "clones" of the "HK MP5K".

Tony
    Last edited by AGG; 07-01-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have both real HK and MKE mp5 both are great. So stop this HK vs Clone crap

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have fired and drilled with HK mp5s, the only difference I see between the HK and Zenith is the fun switch, I live in Illinois so I am stuck with semi only. My zenith runs like a sewing machine, one pull at a time, and is hungry for anything including my reloaded 124 gr hp! So for the price difference between a Zenith and a 94, I will keep the Zenith. Just my two cents.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drp2hrd View Post
    ...Still want to get a ak in 9mm from them now that they rereleased them.
    Have one (AK-V), excellent build quality. Love it.

(Thread creep /off)

YMMV.
    "Amat victoria curam"

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

When I was looking for an MP5, I found someone selling a POF locally and I was able to shoot it at a local gun club. It was pretty scratched up (the owner carried it around in a bag loose with all the magazines and other stuff bumping together), but it shot well and looked well finished (welds, etc.). But from what I've heard from others, this is not always the case. The biggest problem with many clones is quality control (the exception to that rule are B&T clones - based on MKE flats - which are as good, if not better, than genuine HKs).

All that to say that when buying a clone, I think it is important to physically examine the gun and to shoot it before you buy. With a genuine HK it's still a good idea when possible, but you are more likely to have quality issues with a clone than with genuine HK. With a clone, if it looks well finished and if you can put a few magazines through it without problems, you should be fine. If you find a good clone, it doesn't matter what brand it is.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Made it through about half the comments and it's clearly a hotly debated issue so I'll just skip to my 2 cents. Personally I'd love to have a real HK MP5 but also can't justify the buy in at this point in my life. With that said, the Z-5RS I purchased a few months back hasnt malfunctioned once in the 1500 rounds I've put through it so far and it looks great to boot. It's an absolute joy to shoot and i find myself having trouble wanting to shoot my other firearms since getting it. And when I'm at the range the only thing i ever hear is "whoa is that an MP5?? Awesome!" Not once have i gotten an "oh but it isnt a real HK" So don't worry about the naysayers, if you want one, buy one, and enjoy the hell out of it. Zenith is a great option.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Which is the best MP5 Clone

HK is nice, but their current offering is absolutely STUPID.
    Zenith is great. Love mine. Just know that if it’s a 2019, it may need to take a quick and painless trip to the mothership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    HK is nice, but their current offering is absolutely STUPID.
    Zenith is great. Love mine. Just know that if it’s a 2019, it may need to take a quick and painless trip to the mothership.
    Personally I think their handgun offerings are decent, but their pistol and long gun offerings are absolute horse ****.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Which is the best MP5 Clone

Quote Originally Posted by raycao88124 View Post
    Personally I think their handgun offerings are decent, but their pistol and long gun offerings are absolute horse ****.....
    I was specifically referring to this stupid thing, since it’s the reason I went Zenith:

I like their other stuff.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    I was specifically referring to this stupid thing, since it’s the reason I went Zenith:

I like their other stuff.
    The poors are gonna hate!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links