Which is the best MP5 Clone - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Which is the best MP5 Clone

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 320737 View Post
    The poors are gonna hate!
    Indeed. I HATE that it doesn’t have a 3-lug barrel for Omega 9K. Oh well, Zenith to the rescue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    I was specifically referring to this stupid thing, since it’s the reason I went Zenith:

I like their other stuff.
    Agree, if HK offered this with a 3 lug barrel and paddle mag release I would be all over it.

Is it German export laws that require them to neuter the K model for export to the US?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes. It's also why it cannot have a paddle release. Otherwise it would be a weapon of war.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbrfencer View Post
    Yes. It's also why it cannot have a paddle release. Otherwise it would be a weapon of war.
    I guess it's refreshing to see other countries have idiotic gun laws as well.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 320737 View Post
    The poors are gonna hate!
    Why you gotta flex on the poors?
    "Amat victoria curam"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Omega!!

Both of mine have been flawless, right out of the box.
    Glockdude1.......................

If war is HELL, Take a better pitchfork than the DEVIL!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Know this thread has been going on for awhile, but have to put my $.02 in. Rather than risk the hit or miss reliability of the Zenith builds, either buy an all German parts kit and LSC flat and send it in to TPM Outfitters or be on the lookout on Gunbroker, Armslist, this forum, etc. for one of their builds. I've had mp5k and HK94 clones from them that I sold to fund other toys in the past and still have an mp5 and mp5k from them, both with B&T threaded barrels. They have all been amazing guns, with quality welds and flawless finishes. Can't speak enough about their work as HK smiths. You might get lucky and find a deal for one in the $2500 or less range. I found both of my mp5's with the BT barrels on GB for around $2100 & $2300, respectively. Well with the few extra hundred dollars for German parts, superior barrels, and guaranteed reliably IMHO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I made up my mind and bought the...........drum roll please! The H&K SP5K. Found a NIB example for $2100 out the door. There Seems to be way too much hit and miss with the clones. I do not plan on putting a can on it so not having the Tri-lug makes little difference to me as does the paddle (or lack thereof). What it does have is "Made In Germany" stamped on the receiver and the quality control that goes along with it being made by the people who designed it. Also, I'm looking down the road a bit and I think the value of the HK will be a better investment especially for what I paid for it which was only $200-300 over a Zenith. I'm not a name snob but getting the original just seemed to be the way to go. I'm quite happy with my decision. I really appreciate all the input.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I'd put the paddle mag release in as well, its cheap unless yours has the block in it. It really works better than the button release.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would second that! Also get the three lug barrel when you find it and squirrel away for later install ! Good choice, can't go wrong with Original German Quality!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links